Scotiabank® U.S. Dollar Visa* Card
- No U.S. $ currency conversion fee.
- No annual fee for supplementary cards.
- Purchase Security and Extended Warranty Protection.
Scotiabank® U.S. Dollar Visa* Card
Is this Credit Card right for you?
Right for you if you:
- Want to obtain a convenient and secure U.S. dollar payment method for everyday purchases, that can also help you to build your credit history if you make at least your minimum payments on time each month
- Want an interest free grace period on purchases
May not be right for you if you:
- Will be carrying an outstanding balance for a long period of time or using it for debt consolidation
- Don’t make transactions in U.S. dollars or do not have a means to pay in U.S. dollars
Great reasons to get this card for your U.S. dollar purchases
The convenience and flexibility of paying in U.S dollars.
- No U.S dollar foreign currency conversion fee.
- Purchase Security and Extended Warranty Protection‡
- Free Supplementary Cards.1
- Click to PayΔ* - Paying online with your Visa card is easy, smart, and secure. Just click to pay with your Visa when you see the Click to Pay icon where your Scotiabank card is accepted.
- Eligible for Apple Pay & Google Pay.
Fees, rates & other information2
What's included with your Card
Your card comes with benefits
Save on car rentals
As a Scotiabank® U.S. Dollar Visa* Cardholder, you can save up to 25% off base rates at participating AVIS and Budget locations in Canada and the U.S. when you pay with your Scotiabank® U.S. Dollar Visa* card.
Purchase security and extended warranty‡
Now you can enjoy the freedom to make U.S. dollar purchases in U.S. funds without the worry of currency conversion fees or exchange rate fluctuations.
Pay your Visa statement with U.S. dollars directly from your Scotia® U.S. Dollar Daily Interest Account. If you don't have one, open one in Branch, through Scotia OnLine® Financial Services, or by calling 1-800-4SCOTIA.
Instant cash advances
Obtain cash advances at :
- Over 1 million ABMs around the world displaying the Visa/PLUS symbols.
- Or, access your Scotiabank® U.S. Dollar Visa* card account with your ScotiaCard when you link the two together.
Link your Scotiabank® U.S. Dollar Visa* account to your ScotiaCard® you can use TeleScotia® Telephone Banking and Scotia OnLine® Financial Services for Visa account information.
Free supplementary Card
Extend your Scotiabank® U.S. Dollar Visa* benefits to family members.1
Manage your credit card
You are liable for all charges incurred on your account with any supplementary card issued in connection with the account. When you request Scotiabank to issue a supplementary card, we will also issue renewal and replacement cards for such supplementary card, unless the card is cancelled by you or Scotiabank. A Supplementary Cardholder's signature on or use or retention of the supplementary card issued in his or her name shall evidence your receipt of the agreements relating to the account and your acceptance of their terms.
Not including cash advances and balance transfers. Provided that you pay your balance in full by the payment due date.
Click to Pay is an online checkout solution provided by a third party that supports American Express, Mastercard and Visa cards and is based on EMV® SRC Specifications. The Bank of Nova Scotia is not responsible for this service.
Under all insurance coverages or services, certain limitations, restrictions and exclusions apply, including a pre-existing condition exclusion for certain benefits. Please see the Certificates of Insurance for full coverage details. Coverages are underwritten by The Manufacturers Life Insurance Company and its wholly owned subsidiary First North American Insurance Company. The Bank of Nova Scotia is not an insurer. All insurance claims must be forwarded to the insurance providers.
Scotia Credit Card Protection is underwritten by Chubb Life Insurance Company of Canada under a Group Policy issued to The Bank of Nova Scotia. All coverage is subject to the terms and conditions outlined in the Certificate of Insurance which you will receive upon enrolment.
Registered trademarks of The Bank of Nova Scotia.
Trademark of Visa International Service Association and used under license.