Enter for your chance to win $30,000‡
PLUS earn $60 with a no-monthly fee Student Banking Advantage® Plan1.
Two $30,000 tuition prizes to be won
It’s not every day, or we should say semester, that you have a chance to win an A+ prize like this. With the Scotia Funds Your Future Contest, there are two $30,000 prizes to be won, 1 prize for domestic students and 1 prize for international students. Whether you are a new or existing customer, the more products you have, the more entries you earn.
Closing date of entry is January 31st, 2022. The winners will be drawn on March 1st, 2022.
Two simple steps to enter‡
Earn one (1) Entry into the Contest per Account Type you open:
- Account 1: Student Banking Advantage® Plan = 1 Entry
- Account 2: Student Credit Card; or ScotiaLine® Personal Line of Credit for Students = 1 Entry
- Account 3: MomentumPLUS Savings Account = 1 Entry
If you’re an existing Scotiabank student customer and want to enter for your chance to win with your current product only, proceed to step 2.
To be eligible to enter and win a $30,000 prize, you must:
- Be 17 years of age or older.
- Be currently enrolled or will be enrolled in a Canadian post-secondary institution by March 1st, 2022.
- Be residing in Canada or will be as of March 1st, 2022.
- Fill in the contest entry form.
Triple your chances of winning $30,000
Choose one or both products to get up to two entries
Student Banking Advantage® Plan
A worry-free account matched for student life.
- Earn a $60 welcome bonus1
- No monthly account fee
- Unlimited debit transactions2 and Interac e-Transfer† transactions3
- Earn rewards on debit transactions4
- Voted 2020 Best Student Bank Account by MoneySense
MomentumPLUS Savings Account
All your savings goals. One high-interest savings account.
- No monthly account fees or minimum balance required
- Unlimited self-service transfers5
- Set up an automatic savings plan and watch your savings grow
And get an extra entry by choosing one of these products
Student Credit Cards
Earn while you learn with a credit card designed for students. You can choose between these two no annual fee options:
- L’earn™ Visa* Card, our cashback card for students
- SCENE®* Visa* Card, our student card that earns you points on credit card purchases at Cineplex theatres or cineplex.com6, as well as on everyday purchases
ScotiaLine® Personal Line of Credit for Students
If you need to borrow money to get the education you want, this is the perfect product for you.
- Control how much you use. No interest if there is no balance on your line of credit
- Deferred principal payments. Make interest-only payments while you’re still in school7
- Enjoy a 12-month grace period after graduation on repayment of the principal amount borrowed7
7 Tips for Paying Off your Student Loans Faster
Considering these tips and speaking with an advisor about potential repayment strategies may help.
How to build your student housing budget
Getting a real picture of all living costs is crucial while living with roommates. Find out tips and tricks to save your money.
Are you a saver or an investor?
What’s the difference between saving and investing? Here’s how they work together as you prepare for your future.
Leasing vs. buying a car in Canada
Planning to get a car and thinking about whether to buy or lease? Here are some pros and cons to help you make the final decision.
Budgeting for a post-grad degree
Here are some ways to pay for that next degree without breaking the bank.
Student Banking Bundle
Earn $60 PLUS up to 7,500 SCENE points when you bundle your banking:
- A Student Banking Advantage® Plan account with the SCENE®* Debit Card, in which you can earn $60 for a limited time
- And a SCENE Visa* Credit Card, which gives you 1,250 points with your first purchase made within the first two months
- And a Scotiabank® MomentumPLUS Savings Account, which gives you 1,250 points when you bundle all three accounts
- And set-up a recurring direct deposit such as payroll, or 1 pre-authorized debit for two consecutive months, which gives you 5,000 points
Frequently asked questions
To qualify for the $60 welcome bonus (the “Offer”), you must:
1. Open a new Student Banking Advantage Plan (an “Eligible Account”) by October 31, 2021; and
2. Complete either of the following activities in your Eligible Account within 60 days of Eligible Account opening:
- Set up and clear at least one (1) eligible automated and recurring direct deposit♢♢, such as payroll, or
- Set up and clear at least one (1) eligible recurring pre-authorized transaction♢♢ which will recur monthly for a minimum of two (2) consecutive months.
Eligibility and Exclusions: Individuals who are currently holders of a Scotiabank Chequing Account are not eligible for the Offer. Individuals who were previously holders of a Scotiabank Chequing Account within the last two (2) years are not eligible for the Offer. “Scotiabank Chequing Account” means any of the following accounts: Ultimate Package, Preferred Package, Scotia One Account, Basic Plus Bank Account, Basic Banking Plan, Basic Bank Account, Momentum Chequing, Power Chequing, Scotia One Service, Scotia Value, Student Banking Advantage Plan. Employees of Scotiabank are also not eligible for the Offer.
General Terms: The $60 cash bonus will be deposited to the Eligible Account within six (6) months from account open date provided all Offer conditions outlined above have been met. The Eligible Account must be open and in good standing until the time of payout of the cash bonus. The Eligible Account is not in "good standing" if: (i) it has a negative balance exceeding the authorized overdraft limit, or (ii) it has been in continuous overdraft for a period of three consecutive months. The Offer is non-transferable and may not be duplicated. Limit of one (1) Offer per customer, regardless of the number of Eligible Accounts opened. If more than one (1) Eligible Account is opened, only the first Eligible Account opened will be eligible for the Offer. For joint accounts, only one (1) cash bonus Offer will be applied to the primary account holder’s Eligible Account. All rates, fees, features and benefits are subject to change. The Offer may be changed, cancelled or extended at any time without notice and cannot be combined with any other offers.
Choose between the SCENE and Scotia Rewards reward programs.
SCENE ScotiaCard debit card: Earn 1 SCENE point for every $5 you spend on debit purchase transactions including Interac† Flash and Visa Debit transactions from an eligible account using your SCENE ScotiaCard debit card. Normal Interac† Flash transaction limits apply. SCENE points are calculated on card purchases, less any refunds, returns, or other similar credits. Other conditions and limitations apply. Visit www.scotiabank.com/scene for complete details. General information: SCENE points accumulated using a card will be updated within 2-3 days. SCENE points can only be redeemed at participating Cineplex Entertainment®◊ theatres, online at www.scene.ca for other points offers (or rewards).
Scotia Rewards ScotiaCard debit card: Earn 1 Scotia Reward Point for every $5 you spend on debit purchase transactions and Interac† Flash transactions from an eligible account using your Scotiabank Passport Debit Card. Normal Interac† Flash transaction limits apply. Other conditions and limitation apply. Visit www.scotiarewards.com/en-CA/Help/TermsAndConditions#ScotiaCard for complete detail.
Effective November 22, 2021, changes are coming to the SCENE and Scotia Rewards programs and some account types are no longer eligible for rewards programs. Learn more