Chequing & Savings
Find the best bank account for you
All Bank Accounts Include:
Nearly 4000 ABMs
Exclusively from Scotiabank
Easy to earn and redeem Scotia Rewards travel points.
Cash Back rewards
Earn cash back on your everyday purchases.
Earn SCENE points for movies, meals, and more.
Why choose Scotiabank?
The best account is the one that rewards youGet rewarded, The best account is the one that rewards you
Eligibility and Exclusions: Individuals who are currently holders of a Scotiabank Chequing Account are not eligible for the 10,000 or 5,000 SCENE or Scotia Rewards bonus points offers (each an “Offer”, collectively the “Offers”).
Individuals who were previously holders of a Scotiabank Chequing Account within the last two (2) years are not eligible for the 10,000 or 5,000 SCENE or Scotia Rewards bonus points offers.
“Scotiabank Chequing Account” means any of the following accounts: Basic Banking Account, Basic Banking Plan, Momentum Chequing, Power Chequing, Scotia One Service, Scotia One Unlimited, Scotia Value, Student Banking Advantage Plan.
Employees of Scotiabank are not eligible for the Offers.
Offer Description and Conditions: To qualify for the Offers, you must:
1) Open a new Scotia One chequing account (eligible for the 10,000 SCENE or Scotia Rewards points Offer) or new Basic Banking Plan chequing account (eligible for the 5,000 SCENE or Scotia Rewards points Offer), each an “Eligible Account”, by September 15, 2019; and
2) Complete two (2) of the following three (3) activities in your Eligible Account within 60 days of opening:
· Set up an eligible recurring direct deposit (e.g., employer payroll, pension provider, or government) which will recur monthly for a minimum of three (3) consecutive months, or
· Set up a minimum of two (2) eligible separate recurring pre-authorized transactions (e.g., utility payments, property taxes, loan/mortgage payments) with a minimum value of at least $50 per transaction which will each recur monthly for a minimum of three (3) consecutive months, or
· Make at least one eligible online bill payment (e.g. utility bill, hydro bill, credit card payment, cable) of at least $50 through the Scotiabank Mobile App or through Scotia OnLine.
Scotiabank reserves the right to determine whether a specific recurring direct deposit, pre-authorized transaction or bill payment is eligible for the Offers.
The 10,000 or 5,000 SCENE or Scotia Rewards bonus points, as applicable, will appear as an adjustment on the primary account holder’s eligible SCENE membership account or Scotia Rewards account within two (2) months following the satisfaction of the conditions outlined above. If you are not already a SCENE member, you will need to open a SCENE membership account and then connect it to your SCENE ScotiaCard. The Eligible Account must be open and in good standing until the time of payout of the points bonus. The Eligible Account is not in "good standing" if:
1) It has a negative balance exceeding the authorized overdraft limit, or
2) If it has been in continuous overdraft for a period of three (3) consecutive months.
These Offers are non-transferable and may not be duplicated. Limit of one (1) Offer per customer, regardless of the number of Eligible Accounts opened. If more than one (1) Eligible Account is opened, the Offer awarded will be based on the first Eligible Account opened. For joint accounts, only one (1) points bonus will be applied to the primary account holder’s Eligible Account. All rates, fees, features and benefits are subject to change. Offers may be changed, cancelled or extended at any time and cannot be combined with any other offers.