Get Started With Your Scotiabank Account
Congrats on opening your new Scotiabank chequing account! Follow these steps to help you get the most out of your new account.
2. Fund your Account
Deposit via Interac e-Transfer†, ABM deposit, electronic funds transfer, or by visiting your local branch.
3. Set up Direct Deposits
• Payroll – Set up a direct deposit to get your pay cheque deposited into your Scotiabank account, or download a void cheque.
• Government Payments – Set up recurring government payments such as monthly pension cheques or annual tax returns.
• Group Benefits - contact your group benefits provider with your new banking information.
4. Switch Pre-Authorized Payments
Log into Scotia OnLine, select “Bill Payments” and follow the “Switch my bills to Scotia” flow to pay bills automatically with your Scotiabank account.
5. Update Other Payments
Change your account details on your:
• Investing and trading accounts
• Postdated cheques
Once you’ve completed the above steps, don’t forget to contact your previous bank and close your old account if you’re no longer using it.
Helpful Account Sections
Great services to help you manage your money.
Free Scotia® InfoAlerts
Receive an email, text message, or in app push notification when important account activity happens.
All you need is an email address and you can send money to friends and family who have a Canadian bank account.
Pay your Internet, cell phone bill and more automatically. Avoid missed due dates and late fees.
Have your paycheque, pension and more automatically deposited into your account and access your money right away.
Manage everyday expenses knowing you won't be caught short of funds.
A perfect way to send funds to family and friends worldwide.
Bank The Rest® Savings Program
Learn more about Bank the Rest.
Registered trademarks of The Bank of Nova Scotia.
Interac e-Transfer is a registered trade-mark of Interac Corp. Used under license.