Western union money transfers
Send money quickly to family and friends all over the world
Is it right for me?
It’s perfect when you need a quick and easy way to send money to family or friends abroad.
Tell me about it
Whether you want to send money to your best friend in Europe, parents in India or your twin sister in China, you can send money to the people you love – wherever they live.
Sending money through Scotia On-line or Scotiabank Mobile Banking with Western Union for just $5+1% with amounts between $0-$999.99 you can send funds to over 200 countries and territories. Funds arrive at one of Western Union’s 500,000 agent locations, so your family can pick up the transfer at the location that’s most convenient for them.
Protect yourself from fraud
Only use Western Union to send money to friends and family. Never send money to someone you have not met in person. Scammers sometimes encourage people to transfer money. Do not transfer money to anyone who asks you to send them money:
- For an emergency situation you haven’t confirmed.
- For an online purchase.
- For a credit card or loan fee.
- To claim lottery or prize winnings.
- For anti-virus protection.
- For a deposit or payment on a rental property.
- For a mystery shopping assignment
- For a job opportunity.
- For a charity donation.
- To pay taxes or
- To resolve an immigration matter
If you transfer money, the person you’re sending it to gets the money quickly. After the money is paid, Western Union may not be able to give you a refund, even if you are the victim of fraud, except under limited circumstances. If you believe that you are the victim of fraud, call the Western Union Fraud Hotline at 1 800 448-1492 or visit https://www.westernunion.com/ca/en/fraudawareness/fraud-home.html
Why should I send money this way?
- Send money through Scotia OnLine, Mobile Banking or at any Scotiabank branch
- It costs just $5+1% with amounts between $0-$999.99 of the money transfer
Send the money you need
- Send up to $999 a day through Scotia OnLine and Mobile Banking or our Contact Centre
- Send up to $7,499 a day through a Scotiabank branch
- Your receiver must show ID and provide details about the money transfer in order to pick up funds.
You might also be interested in:
When you’re looking for a quick and secure way to send money to a Canadian bank account, Interac e-Transfer is your answer.
The Scotiabank name and logo are registered and owned by The Bank of Nova Scotia. © 2014 Western Union Holdings, Inc. All Rights Reserved. The WESTERN UNION name, logo, trade name, trade dress and related trademarks, owned by Western Union Holdings, Inc., are registered and/or used in the U.S. and many foreign countries.