Ready to buy a home? Here's how to save for your down payment.
6 Months Flexible/Closed Mortgage
Right for you if:
- You want short term fixed rates
- You want the flexibility to convert to a 1 year or longer fixed rate closed term without a prepayment charge
- Fixed interest rate. Get a fixed rate and payment for six months - convert to a 1-year or longer fixed rate closed term at any time without a prepayment charge.
- Prepayment options. You can prepay to pay off your mortgage faster. Our most popular solution allows you to prepay up to 15% of the original principal amount of your mortgage and increase your payment by up to 15% of the payment set for the current term of your mortgage each year*. Speak to one of our Scotiabank advisors about all the options we have available.
- You could also have the following additional options**:
You can pay an extra regular mortgage payment on any of your regular payment dates during your term.
You can miss a mortgage payment as long as you have matched one previously in your term.
- Conventional and insured financing available.
- Choose from weekly, biweekly, semi-monthly, and monthly payment options.
- Scotia Mortgage Protection can help make sure the home you worked so hard for is protected.
It's easy to achieve your goals.
Mortgage-Free Faster Calculator
Discover how small changes can have a big effect. This tool will show you how you can be mortgage-free faster.
What Can I Afford?
Find out how much, so you can arrange your mortgage and shop for a home with confidence.
Determine your payment options, amortization and more, all with one calculator.
Learn how to save by using the equity in your home to borrow at lower interest rates.
Whether you're a first-time home buyer or thinking about purchasing an additional property, we break down what you should know about mortgages.
From how much you need to save to what to do after closing — we have you covered.
More information that may interest you
Make an appointment with a Home Financing Advisor
Talk to a Home Financing Advisor on the phone or at a location of your choice.
Apply online with eHOME
You can be pre-approved, search for a home, and get a mortgage all in one place with Scotiabank’s online mortgage application process.
The above Annual Percentage Rates (APR) for our special offers are compounded semi-annually, not in advance. Each APR calculation is based on a mortgage of $100,000 with a 25 year amortization and a $300 appraisal fee. The actual appraisal fee may vary. The mortgage must be advanced within 120 days from the date of application. These offers are subject to change and may be withdrawn at any time without notice. Variable interest rates will change automatically as Scotiabank's prime rate changes. Applications are subject to meeting Scotiabank's standard credit criteria, residential mortgage standards and maximum permitted loan amounts. Other conditions may apply.
All mortgage applications are subject to meeting Scotiabank's standard credit criteria, residential mortgage standards and maximum permitted loan amounts.
The original principal amount of your mortgage is the principal amount when your mortgage was first entered into with Scotiabank or, if your mortgage was assigned to us from another lender, the principal amount outstanding at the time of assignment. Other conditions may apply.
The Match-a-Payment and Miss-a-Payment are not available during an interest-only portion of any progress draw construction mortgage and may not be available depending on the mortgage solution you select. Other conditions may apply.
Interest rates are provided for information purposes only and are subject to change at any time without notice. All rates are calculated semi-annually, not in advance.