3, 4, 5, 7 & 10 Year Closed Term Mortgages
Right for you if:
- You're comfortable with where rates are now
- You don't want to constantly monitor your rates
- Fixed interest rate. Get the security of knowing what your rate and payments will be over the long term.
- Cash back. You can receive up to 5% of your mortgage principal amount, up front†.
- Prepayment options. You can prepay to pay off your mortgage faster. Our most popular solution allows you to prepay up to 15% of the original principal amount of your mortgage and increase your payment by up to 15% of the payment set for the current term of your mortgage each year*. Speak to one of our Scotiabank advisors about all the options we have available.
- You could also have the following additional options**:
You can pay an extra regular mortgage payment on any of your regular payment dates during your term.
You can miss a mortgage payment as long as you have matched one previously in your term.
- Conventional and insured financing available.
- Choose from weekly, biweekly, semi-monthly, and monthly payment options.
- Scotia Mortgage Protection can help make sure the home you worked so hard for is protected.
It's easy to achieve your goals.
Mortgage-Free Faster Calculator
Discover how small changes can have a big effect. This tool will show you how you can be mortgage-free faster.
What Can I Afford?
Find out how much, so you can arrange your mortgage and shop for a home with confidence.
Determine your payment options, amortization and more, all with one calculator.
Learn how to save by using the equity in your home to borrow at lower interest rates.
Mortgage Comparison Calculator
Use this calculator to compare two different mortgages and determine which feature or product is the most suitable to meet your needs.
Ready to apply
All mortgages are subject to meeting Scotiabank's standard credit criteria residential mortgage standards and maximum permitted loan amounts.
Some conditions may apply. This offer can be changed or withdrawn at anytime without notice and may not be combined with any other discounts, offers or promotions. You will be required to repay the Cash Back you receive if your mortgage is paid out, assumed, transferred or renewed before maturity.
The original principal amount of your mortgage is the principal amount when your mortgage was first entered into with Scotiabank or, if your mortgage was assigned to us from another lender, the principal amount outstanding at the time of assignment. Other conditions may apply.
The Match-a-Payment and Miss-a-Payment are not available during an interest-only portion of any progress draw construction mortgage and may not be available depending on the mortgage solution you select. Other conditions may apply.
Mortgage Rates Information
Special Offer Information
The above Annual Percentage Rates (APR) for our special offers are compounded semi-annually, not in advance. Each APR calculation is based on a mortgage of $100,000 with a 25 year amortization and a $300 appraisal fee. The actual appraisal fee may vary. The mortgage must be advanced within 120 days from the date of application. These offers are subject to change and may be withdrawn at any time without notice. Variable interest rates will change automatically as Scotiabank's prime rate changes. Applications are subject to meeting Scotiabank's standard credit criteria, residential mortgage standards and maximum permitted loan amounts. Other conditions may apply.
Interest rates are provided for information purposes only and are subject to change at any time without notice. All rates are calculated semi-annually, not in advance.
All mortgage applications are subject to meeting Scotiabank's standard credit criteria, residential mortgage standards and maximum permitted loan amounts.