Scotia Credit Card Protection
When it matters most, Scotia Credit Card Protection can help.
Did you know that the average monthly credit card balance in Canada is $4,154*? Whether you pay off your balance every month or prefer to carry a balance, consider insurance with Scotia Credit Card Protection1,2.
For a monthly premium, this insurance can pay off your outstanding credit card account balance or help cover your monthly credit card payments as a result of certain unexpected events.
More reasons to enrol
- Premiums are conveniently billed monthly, directly to your Scotiabank Credit Card account
- At no additional cost, coverage is extended to cover an eligible co-borrower on your insured credit card account
- Available on Scotiabank Visa and Scotiabank American Express Credit Cards
What is the cost?
- $1.09 per $100 of daily balance on your credit card account (plus any applicable sales tax).
Who is eligible for coverage?
- Primary Cardholders, between the ages of 18 and under 70 years old, who are Canadian residents, are eligible to enrol.
- To be eligible for the Disability, Job Loss and Strike/Lockout out benefit you must be actively working a minimum of 20 hours per week for 180 consecutive days.
Enrolling is fast and simple
Choose the option that works best for you.
You call us
Contact a representative to enrol, get a quote or to have your questions answered.1-866-267-0632
Coverage for your unexpected life events
Job Loss/Strike & Lockout2
Can provide a monthly benefit equal to 20% of your outstanding account balance based on the date of job loss, and strike or lockout for up to 5 months.
Can provide a monthly benefit equal to 20% of your outstanding account balance based on the date of disability for up to 5 months. Disabilities including coma, paralysis, deafness, blindness and coronary artery bypass surgery.
Can pay off your outstanding account balance up to $50,000 if you are diagnosed with a covered critical illness, including heart attack, stroke and cancer.
Can pay your outstanding account balance up to $50,000 if you die.