More Scotiabank Sites
More Scotiabank Sites menu opened.Skip to Scotia OnLine.
- Antigua & Barbuda
- British Virgin Is.
- Canada - English
- Canada - French
- Cayman Islands
- Costa Rica
- Dom. Republic
- El Salvador
- Hong Kong
- Republic of Korea
- Neth. Antilles
- Puerto Rico
- Global Banking & Markets
- Scotia Private Client Group
- Get Growing for Business
- Newcomers to Canada
End of More Scotiabank Sites menu.
Scotia Momentum® No-Fee VISA* Card
Right for you if:
- You want cash back with no annual fee
- Calculate & Save
- 1% cash back1 On all eligible gas station, grocery store, drug store purchases and recurring payments.
- 0.5% cash back2 On all other eligible purchases.
- $0 annual fee
- ConvenientWith Visa payWave™ simply wave your card and go!
At a Glance
interest rate †
Use your card for all your everyday purchases - like groceries, gas, drug store items and recurring payments - and you'll maximize your cash back.
1% cash back1
On all eligible gas station, grocery store, drug store purchases and recurring payments.
Here's a list of popular merchants (34 kb) who may qualify for 1% cash back.
0.5% cash back2
On all other eligible purchases.
$0 annual fee
Here's how the Scotia Momentum No-Fee VISA Cash Back reward program works:
Scotia Momentum® No-Fee VISA Cash Back Program Terms and Conditions (77 Kb)Calculate your Cash Back
- Minimum Credit Limit $500
- Interest-Free Grace Period At least 21 days2
- Annual Fee $0
- Interest Rate
- 19.99% on purchases
- 21.99% on cash advances, balance transfers
For current rates and information on fees and interest cost, call 1-888-882-8958.
AVIS Car Rentals
Save with discounts of up to 20% at participating AVIS car rental locations worldwide. Simply present your Scotia Momentum No-Fee VISA card at any participating location. Or visit www.AVIS.com or call 1-800-TRY-AVIS (879-2847) and quote the rebate number C030400.
Use Scotia Credit Card Cheques to:
- Transfer balances from gas and retail cards that charge higher interest rates.
- Pay for a large purchase, insurance premiums, medical bills, or utility bills.
Obtain cash advances at:
- Over 1 million ABMs around the world displaying the VISA/PLUS symbols.
- Over 55,000 ABMs displaying the INTERAC symbol in Canada, including Scotiabank ABMs.
- Or, access your Scotia Momentum No-Fee VISA account with your ScotiaCard when you link the two together.
Link your Scotia Momentum No-Fee VISA account to your ScotiaCard® you can use TeleScotia® Telephone Banking and Scotia OnLine® Financial Services for VISA account information.
Save time when paying for small, everyday purchases with Visa payWave. Simply wave your card over the card reader and go!3
With one simple application, you can have financial protection from a range of life events: Disability, Job Loss, Strike or Lockout, Critical Illness or loss of Life. A monthly benefit equal to 5%† of your outstanding credit card account balance can be paid to your credit card account if you are unable to work, which can help pay down your balance faster. In the event of a diagnosis of a covered Critical Illness++, or if you pass away, your outstanding credit card account balance can be paid in full, up to a maximum of $20,000.
This comprehensive coverage is available at a monthly premium rate of only $0.95 per $100 of average daily balance on your credit card account (plus any applicable sales tax). The affordable cost includes benefits for a Co-Borrower at no additional charge. The premium is conveniently charged to your credit card account to help ensure your coverage stays in place.
Approval is fast – contact us for details if you are a resident of Canada, and are at least 18 and under 65 years of age.
View more information or simply call 1-855-753-4272 between 8am and 8pm (EST) Monday to Friday and a Customer Service Representative will be pleased to assist you.
† 5% of outstanding balance up to 24 months
++ The maximum benefit payable is $20,000
Ready to Apply
- Online 3 easy steps, only 5 minutes 100% safe and secure Apply online
- PhoneCall the Scotiabank Credit Card Centre 1(800)747-3208 Mon-Fri (9am-8pm EST)
- †The introductory 7.99% interest rate is applicable on purchases only. This rate takes effect when the account is opened and will then continue for six months from that date. During the promotional period, the regular interest rate applies to cash advances, balance transfers and Scotia® Credit Card cheques. After the promotional period, the interest rate for your balances that were at 7.99% will increase to the regular interest rate for purchases. Rates and fees are subject to change without notice. Offer applies to new accounts opened by May 31, 2013, subject to credit approval. Read More
- 1 You will earn 1% cash back on your annual spend on gas station, grocery store and drug store purchases and on recurring payments. 1% cash back applies at merchants which are classified in the Visa Inc. (VISA) network as Grocery Stores & Supermarkets, Drug Stores & Pharmacies, Service Stations (with or without ancillary services), Automated Fuel Dispensers and Recurring Payments (Merchant Codes: 5411, 5541, 5542 & 5912). Recurring payments are defined as payments made on a monthly or regular basis automatically billed by the merchant to your Scotia Momentum® No-Fee VISA* card. Recurring payments are typically telecommunication, insurance, membership, subscriptions etc. purchases. Not all merchants offer recurring payments. (Please check with your merchant to see if they offer recurring payments on VISA cards.) Some merchants may sell these products/services or are separate merchants who are located on the premises of these merchants, but are classified by VISA in another manner, in which case this added benefit would not apply. You will earn 0.5% cash back on all other eligible purchases made with the card. Purchase returns, payments, cash advances, balance transfers, Scotia® Credit Card Cheques, credit vouchers, card fees, interest charges or service/transaction charges do not qualify for cash back.
- 2 Not including cash advances, balance transfers and Scotia Credit Card cheques. Provided that you pay your balance in full by the payment due date.
- 3 All Scotiabank retail credit cards, except ScotiaLine VISA card, Scotiabank Value VISA card, and No-Fee Scotiabank Value VISA card, will have Visa payWave when issued or reissued. Visa payWave™ is a Trademark of Visa Int./Lic.
- 4 Subject to available credit. Scotia Credit Card Cheques are treated as a cash advance and interest applies from the transaction date until the amount is repaid in full.
- 5 For all insurance coverage, certain limitations, restrictions and exclusions apply. You will receive a Certificate of Insurance, which contains a full description of coverage. Please read them carefully. All claims for insurance indemnities must be forwarded to the insurers. The Bank of Nova Scotia is not an insurer. Please read them carefully. All claims for insurance indemnities must be forwarded to the insurers. The Bank of Nova Scotia is not an insurer.
- 6 Certain restrictions, limitations and exclusions apply. Please visit www.visa.ca for a full description of the VISA Zero Liability Policy.