Codes of Conduct and Public Commitments
Scotiabank is committed to a number of voluntary codes of conduct and public commitments designed to protect consumer interests, such as those listed below.
- VISA Zero Liability Policy
- MasterCard Zero Liability Policy
- American Express Fraud Protection Guarantee Overview
A commitment that consumers will pay nothing for certain fraudulent credit card transactions.
- VISA E-Promise [PDF: 22 kb]
A commitment to assist consumers in getting their money back for unsatisfactory purchases made online, by phone or by mail.
- Commitment to Provide Information on Mortgage Security [PDF: 151 kb]
A commitment to explain the differences between Collateral and Conventional
- Plain Language Mortgage Documents - CBA Commitment [PDF: 56 kb]
A commitment to ensure the readability of residential mortgage documents.
- Code of Conduct for Federally Regulated Financial Institutions - Mortgage Prepayment Information [PDF: 24 kb]
A Code of Conduct that outlines the type of information customers will receive to help them make an informed decision about mortgage prepayment.
- Canadian Code of Practice for Consumer Debit Card Services [PDF: 88 kb]
Industry and consumer practices and responsibilities related to the use of debit cards in Canada.
- Interac Zero Liability Policy
A commitment to protect consumers against unauthorized transactions.
- Low-Fee Retail Deposit Account Memorandum of Understanding
A commitment to provide a standard low-fee account to consumers.
- Commitment on Powers of Attorney and Joint Deposit Accounts [PDF: 160 kb]
- What you need to know about “Power of Attorney” & “Joint Deposit Account"
- Guidelines for Transfers of Registered Plans [PDF: 21 kb]
Industry standards for the transfer of deposit type registered savings plans between financial institutions.
- Undertaking - Principal Protected Notes
A commitment to provide cancellation rights to consumers who purchase principal protected notes by electronic means or by telephone.
- Online Payments [PDF: 50 kb]
Industry and consumer practices and responsibilities related to the use of Interac Online.
- Principles of Consumer Protection for Electronic Commerce: A Canadian Framework [PDF: 155 kb]
A guide to protecting consumers in online transactions.
- CBA Code of Conduct for Authorized Insurance Activities [PDF: 32 kb]
Industry standards for bank representatives offering credit, travel and personal accident insurance products in Canada.
- Model Code of Conduct for Bank Relations with Small- and Medium-Sized Businesses [PDF: 32 kb]
Industry standards for bank dealings with small- and medium-sized businesses.
- Code of Conduct for the Delivery of Banking Services to Seniors [PDF: 316 kb]
This voluntary code of conduct sets out principles that apply to banks to guide them when they deliver banking products and services to Canada’s seniors.
- Commitment on Modification or Replacement of Existing Products or Services [PDF: 10 kb]
A commitment to provide consumers with assurances related to the modification or replacement of existing products and services.