Our diversification strategy underpins our potential for sustainable earnings growth in each of our four business lines Canadian Banking, Global Wealth Management, International Banking and Global Banking and Markets, over the long term.
Leading Bank in the Americas
Scotiabank is a leading bank in Canada and a leading financial services provider in the Americas. We are here for every future. We help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets. With a team of more than 100,000 employees and assets of over $1 trillion (as at October 31, 2019), Scotiabank trades on the Toronto Stock Exchange (TSX: BNS) and New York Stock Exchange (NYSE: BNS).
Scotiabank’s continued growth and success is founded on several key factors:
- A committed team that shares the same values and works together to provide customers with expert advice, insights and financial solutions.
- A highly diversified and well-balanced business operating within a clearly defined global footprint.
- A strategic agenda with a clear focus based on five, highly integrated priorities that will help us build an even better Bank: being more focused on our customers; enhancing leadership depth, diversity and deployment; being better organized to serve customers and reduce costs; driving a digital transformation; and aligning our business mix with deeper customer relationships.
Canadian Banking provides a full suite of financial advice and banking solutions, supported by an excellent customer experience, to over 10 million Retail, Small Business and Commercial Banking customers. It serves these customers through its network of 953 branches and more than 3,632 automated banking machines (ABMs), as well as internet, mobile and telephone banking and specialized sales teams. Canadian Banking also provides an alternative self-directed banking solution to over two million Tangerine Bank customers. Canadian Banking is comprised of the following areas:
- Retail and Small Business Banking provides financial advice and solutions and day-to-day banking products, including debit cards, chequing accounts, credit cards, investments, mortgages, loans and related creditor insurance products, to individuals and small businesses. Tangerine Bank provides day-to-day banking products, including chequing and saving accounts, credit cards, and investments to self-directed customers.
- Commercial Banking delivers advice and a full suite of lending, deposit, cash management and trade finance solutions to medium and large businesses, including automotive dealers and their customers to whom we provide retail automotive financing solutions.
Global Wealth Management
Global Wealth Management delivers comprehensive wealth management solutions with a view to achieving strong long-term investment results through a personalized approach to enrich the lives of our clients.
Global Wealth Management’s solutions and services are available across 14 countries worldwide. A full range of wealth management advice and solutions are available to help address clients’ financial needs – no matter how complex or simple. This advice is paired with industry-leading investment expertise that delivers risk-adjusted, long-term results to investors.
International Banking has a well-established, diversified franchise that serves more than 15 million Retail, Corporate, and Commercial customers across our footprint. These customers are supported by nearly 60,000 employees, more than 1,900 branches and a network of contact and business support centers.
International Banking (IB) provides a full range of financial products, solutions and advice to retail and commercial customers and is focused on Latin America, including the Pacific Alliance countries of Mexico, Peru, Chile and Colombia, and the Caribbean and Central America.
Global Banking and Markets
Global Banking and Markets (GBM) conducts the Bank’s wholesale banking and capital markets business with corporate, government and institutional investor clients. GBM is a full-service wholesale bank and investment dealer in Canada and Mexico, and offers a range of products and services in the U.S., Latin America (excluding Mexico), and in select markets in Europe, Asia and Australia.
More specifically, GBM provides clients with: corporate lending; transaction banking (including trade finance and cash management); investment banking (including corporate finance and mergers & acquisitions); fixed income and equity underwriting, sales, trading and research; prime services (prime brokerage and stock lending); foreign exchange sales and trading; commodity derivatives; precious and base metals sales, trading, financing and physical services; and collateral management.
By paying careful attention to the areas where we feel we can have the biggest impact, we create economic, social and environmental value for our customers, employees, communities and our planet, while also delivering returns for our shareholders. Scotiabank's Sustainable Business strategy highlights four areas where the Bank can make the biggest difference: Trust, Climate Change, Economic Inclusion and Young People. To read more about our Sustainable Business strategy visit www.scotiabank.com/sustainability.