Frequently Asked Questions
- Corporate Information Questions
- Shareholder Information Questions
- What are Scotiabank's major business lines?
- Where can I review the Bank's news releases?
- How can I learn more about the Bank's Executive Management.
- How can I learn more about the Bank’s Board of Directors?
- Where can I find corporate presentations and speeches?
- What are the Bank's current Credit Ratings?
- How can I learn more about Scotiabank's Corporate Governance?
- How can I order a copy of the Bank's Public Accountability Statement or Corporate Review?
- What is Scotiabank's Disclosure Policy?
- Where can I learn more about Scotiabank's history?
Who is Scotiabank's independent auditor?
KPMG LLP is the Bank’s independent auditor.
Where can I obtain additional information about Scotiabank?
The Corporate Information, Investor Relations and Media Centre sections of the web site contain additional information about Scotiabank.
- Where can I obtain historical closing prices of Common Shares?
- How can I learn more about Scotiabank's preferred shares?
- When are dividends to shareholders scheduled to be paid?
- Where can I get information on Scotiabank's Dividend History and Stock Splits?
- Where can I get information on Scotiabank's Dividend and Share Purchase Plan?
- When do you announce your financial results?
- Where can I access information on Scotiabank's latest quarterly financial results?
- Where can I find information on Scotiabank's Annual General Meeting of Shareholders?
- How can I order a copy of Scotiabank's Current Annual Report or Quarterly Report to Shareholders?
- Can I view or download a copy of the current Proxy Circular?
- Where can I find investor presentations and speeches?
Which exchanges are the shares of Scotiabank listed on?
Scotiabank trades on the Toronto (BNS), and New York (BNS) Stock Exchanges. All preferred shares are listed on the TSX.
What is Scotiabank’s stock symbol?
Scotiabank’s stock symbol for its common shares is “BNS”. It trades under that symbol on the Toronto Stock Exchange and the New York Stock Exchange.
What are Scotiabank’s core markets?
Scotiabank has six core markets: Canada, the United States of America, Mexico, Chile, Peru and Colombia. These core markets give the Bank a unique footprint in the Americas.
Who do I contact for changes in share registration or address, dividend information, lost share certificates, estate transfers, or to advise of duplicate mailings?
Please contact Scotiabank's transfer agent found under our Shareholder Contact Information.
When is your fiscal year end?
Our fiscal year ends October 31st.
Can I view or download a copy of the:
How do I access Scotiabank's regulatory filings?
To access our regulatory filings visit the SEDAR web site and select "View This Public Company's Documents" for a complete list of Canadian filings.