SCENE® VISA* Card
Turn everyday purchases into FREE movies
Get the SCENE®* VISA* & earn 4,000 SCENE points with your first purchase.
That's enough for 4 FREE movies!Apply online SCENE Calculator
- Earn 1 SCENE point for every $1 you spend on credit card purchases1
- Earn 5 SCENE points for every $1 you spend on SCENE VISA purchases at participating Cineplex EntertainmentΔ theatres or online at cineplex.com^^
- Get 4,000 bonus points -- that's 4 FREE movies -- with your first SCENE credit card purchaseΩ
- Redeem for free movies, music & other entertainment rewards starting at just 1,000 points8!
- Convenient with Visa payWave™ simply wave your card and go!
- Eligible for My Mobile Wallet
At a Glance
bonus SCENE points†
Earn points for free movies
Calculate your SCENE points
You may never have to pay for a movie again
The simplest and fastest way to get free movies is with the SCENE VISA card - and there's no annual fee!
Earn Points for FREE MOVIES
SCENE is the only movie rewards program that lets you earn points for free movies at Cineplex Entertainment theatres and more. Membership is free and you can sign-up easily at scene.ca
- Get 250 Bonus SCENE points just for signing up
- Earn 100 points every time you see a movie°
- Get a free movie for just 1000 points7
- Enjoy 10% off movie snacks all the time∞
SCENE program Terms & ConditionsCalculate your Rewards
You may never have to pay for a movie again. See how easy it is with a SCENE membership. Watch video
- Minimum Credit Limit $500
- Interest-Free Grace Period At least 21 days2
- Annual Fee $0
- Interest Rate
- 19.99% on purchases
- 21.99% on cash advances, balance transfers
For current rates and information on fees and interest cost, call 1-888-882-8958.
AVIS Car Rentals
Save with discounts of up to 20% at participating AVIS car rental locations worldwide. Simply present your SCENE VISA Infinite card at any participating location. Or visit www.AVIS.com or call 1-800-TRY-AVIS (879-2847) and quote the rebate number C030400.
Use Scotia Credit Card Cheques to:
- Transfer balances from gas and retail cards that charge higher interest rates.
- Pay for a large purchase, insurance premiums, medical bills, or utility bills.
Obtain cash advances at:
- Over 1 million ABMs around the world displaying the VISA/PLUS symbols.
- Over 55,000 ABMs displaying the INTERAC symbol in Canada, including Scotiabank ABMs.
- Or, access your Scotia Momentum VISA account with your ScotiaCard when you link the two together.
Link your SCENE VISA account to your ScotiaCard® and use TeleScotia® Telephone Banking and Scotia OnLine® Financial Services for VISA account information.
Save time when paying for small, everyday purchases with Visa payWave. Simply wave your card over the card reader and go!3
My Mobile Wallet is now included with the FREE Scotiabank Mobile Banking app and lets you tap your smartphone on the terminal to pay. Just look for the Visa payWave™ symbol at the checkout.
With one simple application, you can have financial protection from a range of life events: Disability, Job Loss, Strike or Lockout, Critical Illness or loss of Life. A monthly benefit equal to 5%† of your outstanding credit card account balance can be paid to your credit card account if you are unable to work, which can help pay down your balance faster. In the event of a diagnosis of a covered Critical Illness++, or if you pass away, your outstanding credit card account balance can be paid in full, up to a maximum of $20,000.
This comprehensive coverage is available at a monthly premium rate of only $0.95 per $100 of average daily balance on your credit card account (plus any applicable sales tax). The affordable cost includes benefits for a Co-Borrower at no additional charge. The premium is conveniently charged to your credit card account to help ensure your coverage stays in place.
Approval is fast – contact us for details if you are a resident of Canada, and are at least 18 and under 65 years of age.
View more information or simply call 1-855-753-4272 between 8am and 8pm (EST) Monday to Friday and a Customer Service Representative will be pleased to assist you.
† 5% of outstanding balance up to 24 months
++ The maximum benefit payable is $20,000
Ready to Apply
- Ω To be eligible for the 4,000 bonus points, a purchase must be made within 60 days of opening your SCENE VISA account. 2,000 bonus points will be awarded within 2-3 business days of your first purchase and the additional 2,000 points will be awarded within 2 statement cycles of the first bonus. The bonus is limited to one VISA account opening per SCENE membership. In cases where there are both primary and secondary SCENE VISA cardholders, the 4,000 bonus points will be credited to the cardholder making the first purchase. Offer applies to new accounts opened between June 1, 2014 and October 31, 2014, subject to credit approval. All SCENE VISA cards issued or reissued after March 14, 2011 will have Visa payWave. Read More
- ® Registered Trademark of The Bank of Nova Scotia
- * Registered Trademark of SCENE IP LP, used under license
- * VISA Int./Lic user The Bank of Nova Scotia
- Δ Cineplex Entertainment LP, used under license
- ⋄ SCENE is a Trademark of Scene IP LP, used under license.
- ° Paid admission only. Some restrictions and limitations apply. 100 points will be awarded for each adult ticket purchase (maximum 2 visits per day) and 50 points will be awarded for each child ticket purchase (maximum 2 visits per day).
- ∞ Discount applies to the full purchase price (excluding taxes) and excludes Tim Horton's and alcoholic beverage purchases.
- ^^ Maximum points per transaction are 300. Maximum daily points are 600
- 1 SCENE VISA cardholders will receive points for purchases made with their SCENE VISA card. SCENE VISA cards must be connected to a SCENE membership in order to earn points. SCENE Points can only be redeemed at participating Cineplex Entertainment theatres or scene.ca. Some conditions and limitations apply. Visit www.scene.ca for complete details.
- 2 Not including cash advances, balance transfers and Scotia Credit Card cheques. Provided that you pay your balance in full by the payment due date.
- 3 All SCENE VISA cards issued or reissued after March 14, 2011 will have VISA payWave.
- 4 Subject to available credit. Scotia Credit Card Cheques are treated as a cash advance and interest applies from the transaction date until the amount is repaid in full.
- 5 For all insurance coverage, certain limitations, restrictions and exclusions apply. You will receive a Certificate of Insurance, which contains a full description of coverage. Please read them carefully. All claims for insurance indemnities must be forwarded to the insurers. The Bank of Nova Scotia is not an insurer.
- 6 Certain restrictions, limitations and exclusions apply. Please visit www.visa.ca for a full description of the VISA Zero Liability Policy.
- 7 Some restrictions and/or limitations apply
- 8 SCENE points can be redeemed at participating Cineplex Entertainment theatres or online at scene.ca for other points offers (rewards).