Scotia® MoneybackTM Account
Get a debit card that rewards you with double the cash back4
You could earn up to $6004 cash back on everyday purchases until October 31, 2015Open an Account Calculate cash back
Monthly Fee $14.95 per month
Seniors Fee (age 60+) $10.95 after discount
- 1% money back on your debit purchases (up to $300 money back)
- Unlimited self-service transactions3
- Two free Interac*** withdrawals per month from Non-Scotiabank machines in Canada
- One free teller transaction per month. A fee of $1.50 applies for each additional teller transaction
Take advantage of our combo offers. Some things are just better together.
Bank the Rest Program
Spend and save just by using your ScotiaCard® debit card. Learn more
Service & Add-ons
Optional programs available with this account
- Be a part of your team with a ScotiaHockey™ NHL® debit card1.
- With every purchase, you're entered to win the Scotiabank Hockey Adventure of a Lifetime2.
Monthly Recordkeeping Options & Fees
*charges may apply for additional recordkeeping services
Paperless No Charge Paper Statement $2.00/month Paper Statement with Cheque Image Return $2.50/month Passbook Not Available
No interest is paid on this account
- Unlimited self-service transactions including3 : Interac debit card purchases, ABM cash withdrawals, bill payments (Including Pre authorized debits), account transfers and cheques.
- One free teller transaction per month. A fee of $1.50 applies for each additional teller transaction.
- Summary of Account Fees.
- Scotia® MoneybackTM Account BONUS CASHBACK Offer Terms and Conditions
Adobe Acrobat Reader is needed to download PDF brochures.
Let us help you find the right account.Use this tool
Account Comparison Tool
Easily compare features of up to three accounts.Use this tool
Bank The Rest calculator
See how much money you'll save monthly with your regular debit card purchases.Use this tool
Bank anytime, online, on your own time
Enjoy a consolidated view of all your accounts. Plus, the most frequently used functions like your Accounts view, Bill Payments, and Transfers are easy to locate.
- All account summaries in one view
- Sort & search capabilities
- Personalized settings & alerts
Payments & Transfers
- Complete one time or recurring bill payments
- Easy to find, add and edit payee(s)
Invest & Trade
- Open a new investment account
- Contribute to a GIC, Mutual Fund or TFSA
Security & Support
- Notifications at a glance
- Highest internet security standards for encryption
Ready to applyWhat do I need to apply?
- 1 ScotiaHockey® NHL® debit cards available for all 30 NHL teams. The ScotiaHockey® NHL® debit card is not available with foreign currency bank accounts and may not be connected to a SCENE† membership account. Read More
- 2 The Contest runs from September 1, 2014 at 12:00:00 AM (ET) to August 31, 2015 at 11:59:59 PM (ET) (“Contest Period”). For joint bank accounts, only the accountholder making the qualifying purchase is credited with the corresponding entries in each case. Not available to existing deposit account holders. Prizes: Three (3) Grand Prizes: trip for two to (a) the 2014 Bridgestone NHL Winter Classic®, (b) a 2014 Stanley Cup® Final game and (c) the 2014 Molson Canadian NHL Face-Off™, (approx. retail value $5000 each). Round trip economy air fare included for winners living more than 100km from event. Eighty (80) monthly prizes: five pairs (5) of tickets to a regular season NHL game in the city of the winner's choice (approx. retail value $300 each), twenty-five (25) NHL GameCentre LIVE™ Subscriptions (approx. retail value $159 each, value subject to change) and fifty (50) $50 shop.canada.nhl.com gift cards (retail value $50 each). Other conditions: Limit one prize per person per contest draw period. Total approx. retail value of all prizes $100,250. The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received during each draw period. For rules and no purchase method of entry go to www.scotiabank.com/nhladventure. Correctly answering a mathematical skill-testing question required. Contest is open to all legal residents of Canada. It is not open to employees, immediate family members of employees that live in the same household and those domiciled with employees of the National Hockey League, its member teams, NHL Enterprises Canada, L.P., NHL Enterprises, L.P., NHL Enterprises B.V. and NHL Interactive CyberEnterprises, Scotiabank or Maritz Canada or any of their respective parent, subsidiary or affiliated companies, licensees or advertising and promotional agencies. Full contest details
- 3Additional fees apply for shared ABM services, cross-border debit transactions and other banking services not included in the Moneyback account package.
- 4 The standard cash back is 1% on all debit purchases. In order to qualify for the additional 1% cash back bonus, you must open a Scotia® MoneybackTM Account (an “Eligible Account”) on or before September 26, 2015. Employees of The Bank of Nova Scotia (“Scotiabank”) and individuals who were (i) holders or joint holders of an Eligible Account, Basic Banking Account, Basic Banking Plan, Scotia Value® Account, Getting There Savings Program® for Youth, Scotia Chequing Scotia Club Account, or Student Banking Advantage® Plan are not eligible. Maximum one offer per customer. The bonus 1% cash back may be earned between the period of the date the account is opened and October 31, 2015. Thereafter, only the standard cash back of 1% will apply. The additional 1% cash back bonus cannot exceed $300. Standard 1% cash back cannot exceed $300 and the maximum allowable amount to be deposited into the Eligible Account in November 2015 is $600. This offer is non-transferable and cannot be duplicated or combined with any other offer. Scotiabank may withdraw or change this offer at any time without notice. Scotia® MoneybackTM Account BONUS CASHBACK Offer Terms and Conditions
- ® Registered trademarks of The Bank of Nova Scotia. ™Trademark of The Bank of Nova Scotia.
- †Interac and Interac Flash are trademarks of Interac Inc. used under license.
- *** Interac trademark
- ®* Western Union
- ® Scotia InfoAlerts trademark