Scotiabank Momentum Chequing Account
Get 1% money back on all your purchases
You could get up to $300 cash back on everyday purchases.Open an Account Calculate cash back
Monthly Fee $14.95 per month
Seniors Fee (age 60+) $10.95 after discount
- 1% money back on your debit purchases (up to $300 money back)
- Unlimited self-service transactions3
- Two free Interac*** withdrawals per month from Non-Scotiabank machines in Canada
- One free teller transaction per month. A fee of $1.50 applies for each additional teller transaction
- Eligible for CDIC insurance†. Please see CDIC Deposit Insurance Information for further details.
Take advantage of our combo offers. Some things are just better together.
Bank the Rest Program
Spend and save just by using your ScotiaCard® debit card. Learn more
Service & Add-ons
Optional programs available with this account
- Be a part of your team with a ScotiaHockey™ NHL® debit card1.
- With every purchase, you're entered to win the Scotiabank Hockey Adventure of a Lifetime2.
Monthly Recordkeeping Options & Fees
*charges may apply for additional recordkeeping services
Paperless No Charge Paper Statement $2.00/month Paper Statement with Cheque Image Return $2.50/month Passbook Not Available Interest No interest is paid on this account
- Unlimited self-service transactions including3 : Interac debit card purchases, ABM cash withdrawals, bill payments (Including Pre authorized debits), account transfers and cheques.
- One free teller transaction per month. A fee of $1.50 applies for each additional teller transaction.
- Summary of Account Fees.
- Scotiabank Momentum Chequing Account Terms and Conditions
Adobe Acrobat Reader is needed to download PDF brochures.
Let us help you find the right account.Use this tool
Account Comparison Tool
Easily compare features of up to three accounts.Use this tool
Bank The Rest calculator
See how much money you'll save monthly with your regular debit card purchases.Use this tool
Bank anytime, online, on your own time
Enjoy a consolidated view of all your accounts. Plus, the most frequently used functions like your Accounts view, Bill Payments, and Transfers are easy to locate.
- All account summaries in one view
- Sort & search capabilities
- Personalized settings & alerts
Payments & Transfers
- Complete one time or recurring bill payments
- Easy to find, add and edit payee(s)
Invest & Trade
- Open a new investment account
- Contribute to a GIC, Mutual Fund or TFSA
Security & Support
- Notifications at a glance
- Highest internet security standards for encryption
Ready to applyWhat do I need to apply?
- 1 ScotiaHockey® NHL® debit cards available for all 30 NHL teams. The ScotiaHockey® NHL® debit card is not available with foreign currency bank accounts and may not be connected to a SCENE† membership account. Read More
- 2 Contest period is September 1, 2015 to August 31, 2016. Only the primary cardholder of a ScotiaHockey®* NHL® VISA account is eligible to win a prize. Cash advances, Scotia®* Credit Card Cheques, credit vouchers, returns, payment of annual card fees, interest charges or service/transaction charges are not qualifying purchases. Contest entries may be generated by qualifying card purchases made by primary, secondary or supplementary VISA cardholders. Debit card entrants: For joint bank accounts, only the accountholder making the qualifying purchase is credited with the corresponding entry. All entrants: Twelve (12) Grand Prizes: (a) four (4) 2016 NHL® All-Star Game packages, each consisting of a trip for two to the 2016 NHL® All-Star Game (b) four (4) 2016 Stanley Cup® Final packages, each consisting of a trip for two to a 2016 Stanley Cup® Final game and (c) four (4) 2016 Molson Canadian NHL Face-Off™ packages, each consisting of a trip for two to the 2016 Molson Canadian NHL Face-Off (approx. retail value $5,000 each). Round-trip economy air fare included for winners living more than 100km from respective event. Forty-five (45) monthly prizes: five (5) pairs of tickets to a regular season NHL® game in the city of the winner’s choice (approx. retail value $300 each; travel/hotel not included), and forty (40) $120 Shop.NHL.com gift cards (retail value $120 each). Other conditions: Limit one Grand Prize per person during the contest period. Limit one monthly prize per person per monthly contest draw period. Total approx. retail value of all prizes $135,600. The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received during each draw period. For rules and no purchase method of entry go to www.scotiabank.com/nhladventure. Correctly answering a mathematical skill-testing question required. Contest is open to all legal residents of Canada. It is not open to employees, immediate family members of employees that live in the same household and those domiciled with employees of the National Hockey League, its member teams, NHL Enterprises Canada, L.P., NHL Enterprises, L.P., NHL Enterprises B.V. and NHL Interactive CyberEnterprises, LLC, Scotiabank or Bond Brand Loyalty or any of their respective parent, subsidiary or affiliated companies, licensees or advertising and promotional agencies. For full rules, including the definition of “qualifying purchase” and the no purchase method of entry go to www.scotiabank.com/nhladventure. Get a ScotiaHockey® NHL debit card and open a new ScotiaHockey® NHL debit card eligible bank account during the Contest Period and make a qualifying purchase with your card within sixty (60) business days of opening the bank account (and before the end of the Contest Period) to receive one-hundred (100) contest entries. New account bonus is awarded one-time maximum for each joint bank account and only the accountholder making the qualifying purchase is credited with the corresponding entries. New account bonus is not available to any individual more than once nor to any individual who had a Scotiabank bank account prior to the Contest Period.
- 3Additional fees apply for shared ABM services, cross-border debit transactions and other banking services not included in the Momentum Chequing account package.
- 4 The Scotiabank Momentum Chequing account allows you to earn while you spend, by providing a cash reward of 1% ("Money Back") on the first $30,000 of Qualified Purchases (defined below) that are made each year using your ScotiaCard® banking card. On a Qualified Purchase of $2.50, the 1% Money Back amount of $0.025 will be rounded to $0.03. Similarily, for a Qualified Purchase of $2.34, the 1% Money Back amount of $0.0234 will be rounded to $0.02.
- † Only deposits held in Canadian currency, having a term of five years or less and payable in Canada are insurable under the Canada Deposit Insurance Corporation Act.
- ® Registered trademarks of The Bank of Nova Scotia. ™Trademark of The Bank of Nova Scotia.
- †Interac and Interac Flash are trademarks of Interac Inc. used under license.
- *** Interac trademark
- ®* Western Union
- ® Scotia InfoAlerts trademark