Scotiabank Gold American Express Card
15,000 bonus points
+ annual fee waived.2
Reach your travel goals faster. Get your $99 annual fee2 waived for the first year and earn 15,000 bonus points – worth $150 in travel – with your first card purchase.2Apply online Rewards Calculator Rewards Calculator
- Earn travel rewards up to 4x faster Earn 4x Scotia Rewards points for every $1 you spend at eligible gas stations, grocery stores, on dining and entertainment1
- Extraordinary travel benefits Receive discounts and other special amenities at hotels, on airfare, car rentals, cruises and vacation packages5
- 24/7 Full Service Travel Agency Book online or call Scotia Rewards Travel Service3
- Flexible Point Redemption Purchase travel on your card from any travel provider, then call or go online to redeem your points for the travel purchase.4
- Comprehensive travel insurance Includes travel emergency medical (up to 25 days)6
- Complimentary Concierge Services 24/7 assistance with your travel and lifestyle bookings7
- Access to Priority Pass Lounges Worldwide8
- Merchandise and other rewards
At a Glance
Receive 15,000 bonus Scotia Rewards points2
Earn travel rewards up to 4x faster1
Where will your card take you? Scotia Rewards Points Calculator
Earn travel rewards up to 4x faster !
Earn travel rewards faster, then use your Scotia Rewards points to book flights, hotels, holiday packages, cruises and more with no restrictions!
Scotia Rewards® points
Earn four points for every $1 you spend at eligible gas stations, grocery stores, on dining and entertainment.1
Earn one point on all other eligible purchases.1
Extraordinary Travel Services
Purchase travel online or over the phone through our full-service travel agency. Or you can choose to book your own travel using your Scotiabank Gold American Express Card, then call or go online to redeem points for the purchase.4
Flexible Point Redemption
- 1. Use your points:If you've earned all the points you need, redeem them for your complete trip – including taxes and surcharges.
- 2. Use your Card: You can always use your Card to cover the full amount of your travel. And you'll earn rewards points for every dollar you charge.
- 3. Combine points and payment: Short a few points? Want to save some for later? You can pay for your travel with a combination of accumulated points and a charge to your Card.
Plus, you get exclusive complimentary concierge access to assist you 24/7 with your travel arrangements and everything else from the everyday to the extraordinary.7
Your Scotiabank Gold American Express Card gives you access to reduced rates, special amenities, and a diverse selection of worldwide destinations.
Receive up to 20% off the lowest published offer at over 18,000 hotels worldwide, with special rates and/or complimentary amenities
Luxury Hotel Privileges
Receive up to 20% off the Best Available Rates and a complimentary room upgrade (if available) at some of the world's most incredible properties. Enjoy a free amenity, complimentary breakfast and late checkout privileges (if available)
Low Price Airfare Alerts
Purchase your airline ticket through the Scotia Rewards program and the price of your airfare will be monitored daily to see if a lower price becomes available†
Special offers and benefits ranging from shipboard credits, upgrades, and shore excursions (if available)
Receive up to 25% off qualifying rentals with 131 companies worldwide
Get low rates, special amenities, and discounts on select vacation packages.
For a look at just some of the travel experiences available visit www.scotiarewards.com and click on the Travel Tab.
Scotia Rewards Points Calculator
Where will your Card take you?
Comprehensive Travel Protection & Savings6
- Travel Emergency Medical Insurance
- Trip Interruption & Cancellation Insurance
- Flight Delay
- Delayed & Lost Luggage Insurance
- Common Carrier Travel Accident Insurance
- Rental Car Collision/Loss Damage Insurance
- Hotel/Motel Burglary Insurance
- Purchase Security & Extended Warranty Insurance
- Price Protection Service
For claim forms and answers to Frequently Asked Questions visit our partner's site
Travel Emergency Medical Insurance
- As the primary cardmember, you, your spouse and accompanying dependent children are each automatically covered for up to $1 million in emergency medical coverage if sudden and unexpected illness or accidental injury should occur while travelling outside your province or territory of residence in Canada.
- Coverage is automatically provided for eligible persons under 65 years of age for up to 25 consecutive days and for eligible persons 65 years of age and older up to 10 consecutive days.
- Coverage includes eligible expenses for hospital care, nursing care, prescription drugs, licensed ambulances and physicians' and surgeons' fees, as well as other eligible medical services and supplies.
- The date of departure is counted as the first day.
- This benefit is subject to an exclusion for pre-existing medical conditions.
If you are under 65 years of age and are travelling for more than 25 days or if you are 65 years of age and over and travelling for more than 10 days, you may choose to purchase extension coverage from Scotia Assist prior to your departure by calling 416-572-3636 or 1 877-391-7507. You will receive a separate certificate of insurance if you choose to purchase this coverage.
Trip Interruption and Trip Cancellation
- The Scotiabank Gold American Express Card can protect your travel investment with trip cancellation and trip interruption insurance at no extra cost.
- You, your spouse, and your dependent children travelling with either parent, and one travelling companion travelling with you or your spouse are insured for up to $2,500 per insured person (maximum $10,000 per trip) when you charge at least 75% of trip expenses to your Scotiabank Gold American Express Card.
- You may be reimbursed for eligible reasonable living expenses incurred during the period of a delayed flight or missed connection which lasts four hours or more to a limit $500 per trip for all insured travellers. Simply charge the full cost of your tickets to your Scotiabank Gold American Express Card.
Delayed and Lost Baggage
- When you purchase common carrier tickets with your Scotiabank Gold American Express Card, you are eligible for coverage against the loss or the delay of your checked luggage.
- The lost luggage benefit is limited to the lesser of the value of the covered luggage or the amount equal to the cash reimbursement made by the carrier, to a combined maximum of $1,000.
- The carrier must provide you with a cash settlement before Scotiabank Gold American Express Card coverage will pay any benefit.
- The delayed luggage benefit is limited to $1,000 for all insured persons on the same trip for the cost of replacing essential items if your checked luggage is not delivered within four (4) hours from your time of arrival at your final destination.
Up to $500,000 Common Carrier Travel Accident Insurance
- When you charge at least 75% of the full common carrier travel fares to your Scotiabank Gold American Express Card, you, your spouse and unmarried dependent children will be automatically insured against accidental loss of life, or dismemberment.
- Valid common carrier fares include fares for any licensed public conveyance such as airplanes, cruise ships, trains or buses.
Rental Car Collision/Loss Damage Insurance
- When you charge the entire cost of car rental to your Scotiabank Gold American Express Card and decline the agency's collision damage waiver (or similar provision) at the time of rental, you'll be insured if your rental vehicle is damaged, or stolen.
- When you check into any hotel or motel in Canada or the U.S., and charge your stay to your Scotiabank Gold American Express Card, you'll be eligible for coverage against theft of your covered personal property if your room is broken into.
- Should your claim exceed the amount reimbursable by the hotel, and/or any relevant insurance, your Scotiabank Gold American Express Card coverage picks up the balance, up to a maximum of $1,000.
Purchase Security and Extended Warranty
- Most personal items purchased are automatically insured against theft, loss or damage anywhere in the world – as long as the full cost of the item is charged to your Scotiabank Gold American ExpressCard.
- Coverage extends for the first 90 days from the date of purchase and is in excess of any other insurance coverage.
- When you use your Scotiabank Gold American Express Card to purchase most personal items and charge the full cost of the item to your card, extended warranty coverage doubles the original manufacturer's warranty for up to one year. Items covered by a manufacturer's warranty of five years or more must be registered within the first year of purchase.
Price Protection Service
- When you use your Scotiabank Gold American Express Card to buy a new item in Canada that is offered for sale at a lower price within 60 days of purchase, the Price Protection Service pays you the price difference up to $100 per item and $500 per calendar year.
Minimum Credit Limit: $5,000
Interest-Free Grace Period: At least 21 days9
Primary Card Holder Annual Fee: $99
Additional Card Holder Annual Fee: $29
- 19.99% on purchases
- 21.99% on cash advances, balance transfers and Scotia® Credit Card Cheques
Low Price Airfare Alerts
You will have access to Low Price Airfare Alerts for airline tickets booked through Scotia Rewards Travel Service. Once you buy your airline ticket(s) on the Scotia Rewards website, the price of your flight itinerary will be monitored daily to see if a lower price on your selected air carrier becomes available up until the date of travel. If a $50 net savings is available, less applicable airline change/rebooking fees, the agency of record will automatically exchange your ticket for the lower price. Upon issuance of the lower priced ticket you will be notified of fare decrease, subsequent new ticket number, and Miscellaneous Charge Order (MCO) with credit balance to be used for future travel, up to 1 year later, on that same air carrier. Valid only on participating airlines. Participating airlines are subject to change. Available for the following airlines: American Airlines, Delta Airlines, US Airways, and United Airlines as of September 2012. The credit cannot be redeemed for cash and is non-refundable and non-transferable.
Complimentary Concierge Services
Exclusive to our very best clients, our Concierge Service is on hand to assist you 24/7 to arrange everything from travel planning to dining and entertainment reservations to locating the perfect birthday gift.7
Lounge Access with Priority Pass™8
Receive a special yearly Membership price of only $65 USD** (a 35% discount off the regular price) and access each lounge visit for just $27 USD**. Once you enroll, you will have access to lounges in more than 100 countries and 300 cities worldwide. Access includes:
- Use of lounges in the program regardless of the class of travel or airline you're flying
- Privileged access to over 600 Airport VIP Lounges worldwide
- Relaxing ambience – for both you and your guests
- Complimentary refreshments and snacks
- Email, internet and conference space
To take advantage of this offer, each Cardmember on the account needs to enroll for the Priority Pass membership separately.
- ** Foreign currency conversion charges will apply.
Additional Savings with American Express SELECTSSM
American Express SELECTS is a great place to find a wide variety of special offers from across Canada. You can also discover some great merchant offers available to American Express Cardmembers internationally. No matter where you are, a great offer awaits you at American Express SELECTS! Whether it's shopping, dining, entertainment or travel, the American Express SELECTS site is regularly adding exciting new offers.
To view the complete of offers, visit americanexpress.ca/selects
With one simple application, you can have financial protection from a range of life events: Disability, Job Loss, Strike or Lockout, Critical Illness or loss of Life. A monthly benefit equal to 5%+ of your outstanding credit card account balance can be paid to your credit card account if you are unable to work, which can help pay down your balance faster. In the event of a diagnosis of a covered Critical Illness++, or if you pass away, your outstanding credit card account balance can be paid in full, up to a maximum of $15,000.
This comprehensive coverage is available at a monthly premium rate of only $0.95 per $100 of average daily balance on your credit card account (plus any applicable sales tax). The affordable cost includes benefits for a Co-Borrower at no additional charge. The premium is conveniently charged to your credit card account to help ensure your coverage stays in place.
Approval is fast – contact us for details if you are a resident of Canada, and are at least 18 and under 65 years of age.
View more information or simply call 1-855-753-4272 between 8am and 8pm (EST) Monday to Friday and a Customer Service Representative will be pleased to assist you.
- † 5% of your outstanding credit card account balance up to 24 months to a maximum of $1,000 per month and a total maximum of $15,000 if you are unable to work due to involuntary Job Loss, Strike or Lockout or become disabled
- ++ Critical Illness, Disability, Job Loss and Strike/Lockout coverage terminates at age 65, Life coverage terminates at age 70.
The information you need is always close at hand. Locally and wherever your travels take you, it's important that you have access to your account and your account information in a variety of ways:
Internet Banking - Visit Scotia OnLine® Financial Services at scotiabank.com
Telephone Banking - TeleScotia Telephone Banking 1-800-267-1234
ABM Machines - Worldwide look for machines displaying the Interac, American Express or LINK symbols
You can also use Scotia® Credit Card cheques to:
- Transfer balances from gas and retail cards that charge higher interest rates
- Pay for large purchases, insurance premiums or utility bills