Scotia Momentum® VISA Infinite* card
Get your $99 annual fee waived for the first year PLUS, a 1.99% introductory interest rate.†
For a limited time Get a Scotia Momentum VISA Infinite card and get the annual fee waived for the first year. Plus, a 1.99% introductory interest rate on cash advances, balance transfers and Scotia® Credit Card cheques for the first six months.†Apply online Calculate & Save Calculate & Save
- Maximum Cash Back
The Scotia Momentum VISA Infinite card rewards you on your everyday spending with the most cash back of all our credit cards.
- A full 4% cash back on all eligible gas station and grocery store purchases1
- A full 2% cash back on eligible drug store purchases and recurring bill payments1
- A full 1% cash back on all other eligible purchases1
At a Glance
Earned on eligible gas station and grocery store purchases1
Earned on eligible drug store purchases and recurring bills1
Earned on all other eligible purchases1
The Scotia Momentum VISA Infinite card combines maximum cash back with a unique program of premium enhancements that tap into your lifestyle needs including:
- Access to exclusive offers through scotiainfinite.com.
- VISA Infinite complimentary concierge service available 7 days a week, 24 hours a day
- Access to VISA Infinite Luxury Hotel Collection
- VISA Infinite Dining Series with dining experiences in some of Canada's top restaurants
- Special access to unique offers and experiences
- For complete details, see VISA InfiniteTM Enhancements
- Terms and Conditions (42 kb)
These insurance benefits are effective July 1, 2014.
Travel Emergency Medical Insurance7
As the primary cardholder, you, your spouse and accompanying dependent children are each automatically covered for up to $1 million in emergency medical coverage if sudden and unexpected illness or accidental injury should occur while travelling outside your province or territory of residence in Canada. The date of departure is counted as the first day. Coverage is automatically provided for eligible persons under 65 years of age for up to 15 consecutive days.
If you are under 65 years of age and are travelling for more than 15 days, you may choose to purchase Travel Extension Coverage from Scotia® Assist prior to your departure by calling 1 800 263-0997. You will receive a separate certificate of insurance if you choose to purchase this coverage.
Trip Interruption7 The Scotia Momentum VISA Infinite card can protect your travel investment with trip interruption insurance at no extra cost. You, your spouse, and your dependent children travelling with either parent, and one travelling companion travelling with you or your spouse are insured for up to $2,000 per insured person (maximum $10,000 per trip) for Trip Interruption. You must charge at least 75% of trip expenses to your Scotia Momentum VISA Infinite card.
If you require Trip Cancellation insurance or additional Trip Interruption insurance if the value of your trip exceeds these amounts, call 1 888 677-7444. Once your application for this insurance has been approved, you will receive an insurance policy that describes the benefits, exclusions and limitations.
You may be reimbursed for eligible reasonable living expenses incurred during the period of a delayed flight or missed connection which lasts four (4) hours or more to a limit of $500 per trip for all insured travellers. Simply charge at least 75% of the full cost of your tickets to your Scotia Momentum VISA Infinite card.
Delayed and Lost Baggage7
When you purchase common carrier tickets with your Scotia Momentum VISA Infinite card, you are eligible for coverage against the loss or the delay of your checked luggage. The lost luggage benefit is limited to the lesser of the replacement cost of the covered luggage or the cash value at the time of loss, to a maximum of $500. The carrier must provide you with a cash settlement before Scotia Momentum VISA Infinite card coverage will pay any benefit. The delayed luggage benefit is limited to $500 for all insured persons on the same trip for the cost of replacing essential items if your checked luggage is not delivered within four (4) hours from your time of arrival at your final destination.
Up to $500,000 Common Carrier Travel Accident Insurance7
When you charge at least 75% of the full cost of common carrier travel fares to your Scotia Momentum VISA Infinite card, you, your spouse and dependent children will be automatically insured against accidental loss of life, or dismemberment. Valid common carrier fares include fares for any licensed public conveyance such as airplanes, cruise ships, trains or buses.
Rental Car Collision/Loss Damage Insurance7
When you charge the entire cost of car rental to your Scotia Momentum VISA Infinite card and decline the agency’s collision damage waiver or loss damage waiver (or similar provision) at the time of rental, you’ll be insured if your rental vehicle is damaged, or stolen.
Purchase Security and Extended Warranty7
Most personal items purchased anywhere in the world are automatically insured against theft, loss or damage – as long as the full cost of the item is charged to your Scotia Momentum VISA Infinite card. Coverage extends for the first 90 days from the date of purchase and is in excess of any other insurance coverage. When you use your Scotia Momentum VISA Infinite card to purchase most personal items and charge the full cost of the item to your card, extended warranty coverage doubles the period of the original manufacturer’s warranty for up to one additional year. Items covered by a manufacturer’s warranty of five years or more must be registered within the first year of purchase. There is a maximum lifetime liability of $60,000 under the Purchase Security and Extended Warranty coverages.
- Minimum Credit Limit: $5,000
- Grace Period: Interest free at least 21 days2
- Annual Fee:
Primary Card Holder: $997
Supplementary Card Holder: $30
- Interest Rate:
- 19.99% on purchases
- 21.99% on cash advances, balance transfers
Minimum Annual Income Required:
$60,000 annual personal income, $100,000 annual household income.
AVIS Car Rentals
Save with discounts of up to 20% at participating AVIS car rental locations worldwide. Simply present your Scotia Momentum VISA Infinite card at any participating location. Or visit www.AVIS.com or call 1-800-TRY-AVIS (879-2847) and quote the rebate number C030400.
Use Scotia Credit Card Cheques to:
- Transfer balances from gas and retail cards that charge higher interest rates.
- Pay for a large purchase, insurance premiums, medical bills, or utility bills.
Obtain cash advances at:
- Over 1 million ABMs around the world displaying the VISA/PLUS symbols.
- Over 55,000 ABMs displaying the INTERAC symbol in Canada, including Scotiabank ABMs.
- Or, access your Scotia Momentum VISA Infinite account with your ScotiaCard debit card when you link the two together.
Access to your Scotia Momentum VISA Infinite account through electronic banking when you link your Scotia Momentum VISA Infinite account to your ScotiaCard® debit card. You can use TeleScotia® Telephone Banking and Scotia OnLine® Financial Services for VISA account information.
Save time when paying for small, everyday purchases with Visa payWave. Simply wave your card over the card reader and go!5
My Mobile Wallet is now included with the FREE Scotiabank Mobile Banking app and lets you tap your smartphone on the terminal to pay. Just look for the Visa payWave™ symbol at the checkout.
With one simple application, you can have financial protection from a range of life events: Disability, Job Loss, Strike or Lockout, Critical Illness or loss of Life. A monthly benefit equal to 5%† of your outstanding credit card account balance can be paid to your credit card account if you are unable to work, which can help pay down your balance faster. In the event of a diagnosis of a covered Critical Illness++, or if you pass away, your outstanding credit card account balance can be paid in full, up to a maximum of $20,000.
This comprehensive coverage is available at a monthly premium rate of only $0.95 per $100 of average daily balance on your credit card account (plus any applicable sales tax). The affordable cost includes benefits for a Co-Borrower at no additional charge. The premium is conveniently charged to your credit card account to help ensure your coverage stays in place.
Approval is fast – contact us for details if you are a resident of Canada, and are at least 18 and under 65 years of age.
View more information or simply call 1-855-753-4272 between 8am and 8pm (EST) Monday to Friday and a Customer Service Representative will be pleased to assist you.
† 5% of outstanding balance up to 24 months
++ The maximum benefit payable is $20,000
The Scotia Momentum VISA Infinite card offers a unique program of premium enhancements that tap into your lifestyle needs. Features include VISA Infinite Complimentary Concierge, the Luxury Hotel Collection and a dedicated VISA Infinite website to help you easily track your cash back rewards and access all of the benefits, offers and services available to you.
VISA Infinite Enhancements are synonymous with best in class offers and experiences, access to the inaccessible, and helping people go where, when and how they want.
These enhancements are only available to VISA Infinite cardholders and include the following:
Save time and make your life easier with quality cross-border services through a network of experts. Just call anytime, 7 days a week, 24 hours a day. Your VISA Infinite complimentary concierge service can help you with almost any request, from planning activities to making restaurant reservations, and helping you select the perfect gift.
Cardholders are responsible for the cost of any goods or services purchased through VISA Infinite Complimentary Concierge service.
Luxury Hotel Collection
Enjoy access to the VISA Infinite Luxury Hotel Collection a hand-selected portfolio of over 800* of the world's most intriguing and prestigious properties, chosen expressly for VISA Infinite cardholders. You'll Enjoy a distinctive and unique collection of benefits for an unparalleled experience at any of the portfolio properties when you book through the VISA Infinite Luxury Hotel Collection.
The number of properties that are part of the program will change over time. Offers are subject to availability and other restrictions may apply.
As a VISA Infinite cardholder you have exclusive access to gourmet events catered to your discerning tastes. Through the VISA Infinite Dining Series, you can dine with some of the biggest names in the food and wine industry in a private, sophisticated setting. Each event will include a sparkling wine reception with hors d'oeuvres, a multi-course meal with wine pairings, and the opportunity to meet the host chef.
Unique Offers and Experiences
You're invited to enjoy special offers╪ and unique opportunities that have been created exclusively for VISA Infinite cardholders. Consider indulgences like spa pampering, romantic surprises or personal winery tours and tastings. Each experience is designed with you in mind.
For details, and to check out the current exclusive card holder offer, visit scotiainfinite.com.
Ready to Apply
- 1 You will earn 4% cash back on the first $25,000 you spend annually at gas stations and grocery stores. 4% cash back applies at merchants which are classified in the Visa Inc. (VISA) network as Grocery Stores & Supermarkets, Service Stations (with or without ancillary services), and Automated Fuel Dispensers (Merchant Codes: 5411, 5541 & 5542). Some merchants may sell these products/services or are separate merchants who are located on the premises of these merchants, but are classified by VISA in another manner, in which case this added benefit would not apply.
You will earn 2% cash back on the first $25,000 you spend annually on recurring payments and drug store purchases. 2% cash back applies at merchants which are classified in the VISA network as Drug Stores & Pharmacies (Merchant Code: 5912) and Recurring Payments. Recurring payments are defined as payments made on a monthly or regular basis automatically billed by the merchant to your Scotia Momentum VISA Infinite card. Recurring payments are typically telecommunication, insurance, membership, subscriptions etc. purchases. Not all merchants offer recurring payments. (Please check with your merchant to see if they offer recurring payments on VISA cards.) Some merchants may sell these products/services or are separate merchants who are located on the premises of these merchants, but are classified by VISA in another manner, in which case this added benefit would not apply.
You will earn 1% cash back on purchases made after you have reached the 4% and 2% $25,000 annual spend maximum ("overflow") and on all other eligible purchases made with the card. Purchase returns, payments, cash advances, Scotia® Credit Card Cheques, credit vouchers, card fees, interest charges or service/transaction charges do not qualify for Scotia Momentum cash back. Read More
- 2 Not including cash advances, balance transfers and Scotia Credit Card cheques. Provided that you pay your balance in full by the payment due date.
- 3 For all insurance coverages, certain limitations, restrictions and exclusions apply. You will receive Certificates of Insurance, which contain a full description of coverage, when you're approved for the card. Please read them carefully. All claims for insurance indemnities must be forwarded to the insurers. The Bank of Nova Scotia is not the insurer.
- 4 Subject to available credit. Scotia Credit Card Cheques are treated as a cash advance and interest applies from the transaction date until the amount is repaid in full.
- 5 All Scotiabank retail credit cards, except ScotiaLine VISA card, Scotiabank Value VISA card, and No-Fee Scotiabank Value VISA card, will have Visa payWave when issued or reissued. Visa payWave™ is a Trademark of Visa Int./Lic.
- 6 Certain restrictions, limitations and exclusions apply. Please visit www.visa.ca for a full description of the VISA Zero Liability Policy or the section in our Revolving Credit Agreement that refers to "unauthorized use of your card" for more details.
- 7 Under all insurance coverages or services, certain limitations, restrictions and exclusions apply, including a pre-existing condition exclusion for certain benefits. The enclosed insurance certificates contain full details of all coverages underwritten by American Bankers Life Assurance Company of Florida and/or American Bankers Insurance Company of Florida. The Bank of Nova Scotia is not an insurer. All claims for insurance indemnities must be forwarded to the insurers. 5 5% of your outstanding credit card account balance up to 24 months.
- ╪ Offers are subject to availability and other restrictions may apply.
- TM Trademark of Visa International. Used under license.
- † The introductory annual fee waiver only applies to the initial annual fee for the primary and additional cards. The Scotia Momentum® VISA Infinite* card's regular interest rate is 19.99% for purchases. For cash advances, balance transfers and Scotia Credit Card Cheques the interest rate is 21.99%. The regular annual fee is $99 per year for the first card issued on the account; additional cards are charged an annual fee of $30 per year per card when issued, regardless of card activation and will be billed to your first statement and once a year thereafter. Offer applies to new accounts opened by February 28, 2015. Any additional cards must be issued by February 28, 2015, to qualify for the offer. Rates and fees are as of September 1, 2013 and are subject to change without notice. The introductory 1.99% interest rate is applicable on cash advances, balance transfers and Scotia® Credit Card cheques only. This rate takes effect when the account is opened and will then continue for six months from that date. During the promotional period, the regular interest rate applies to purchases. After the promotional period, the rate for your balances that were at 1.99% will increase to the regular interest rate. The balance transfer fee (that is regularly 1% of the balance transfer amount) is waived for this offer. Rates and fees are subject to change without notice. Offer applies to new accounts opened by February 28, 2015 subject to credit approval.