The following terms apply if you access any of the social media pages, accounts, sites, channels and/or any application(s) within the said pages, accounts, sites, channels and podcasts which have been established and administered by The Bank of Nova Scotia (each individually referred to as a "Social Media Page", collectively referred to as the "Social Media Pages"). The term "Websites" (defined earlier in these Terms) includes Social Media Pages. The term "Social Media Page Website" refers to the website which hosts the Social Media Pages you are accessing.
Scotiabank and its affiliates or related entities, and their successors and assigns, and their respective directors, officers and employees (collectively “BNS”) are not liable for any errors or omissions on any Social Media Page, or for any loss or damages suffered as a result of anything appearing on any Social Media Page. Any information or views provided on our Social Media Pages are current as of the date indicated and are subject to change without notice. Any information provided on a Social Media Page is for information purposes only, and does not constitute any financial, legal, tax, investment or other advice. Where such statements are based on information provided by third parties, they are not guaranteed to be accurate or complete. Any graphs, charts, or graphics are used for illustrative purposes only and do not reflect any future event or future value or performance of any investment. Any products and services, including investment, trading or tax strategies, must be evaluated relative to each individual’s goals, objectives, and risk tolerance. BNS is not responsible for anything posted to any Social Media Page by third parties, and provides no representation, warranty or condition as to the accuracy or completeness of information contained in such material. The views expressed on our Social Media Pages do not necessarily represent or reflect the views of BNS. BNS is not responsible for, and disclaims any liability in relation to, anything posted by contributors to, or users of, our Social Media Pages.
1. You will not post any Content on any Social Media Page that may be inappropriate in nature. This means that any Content you submit, including linked Content, must not be inappropriate, abusive or otherwise offensive, and must not contain, depict or involve (without limitation) any of the following:
- Profanity or otherwise offensive language;
- Nudity or pornographic material;
- Derogatory characterizations of any ethnic, racial, gender, professional, age or religious groups;
- Content that endorses or condones any illegal, inappropriate or risky activity or behavior or any particular political party, agenda or message;
- Any Content that defames, misrepresents or contains disparaging remarks about other people, products or companies;
- Content that endorses any form of hate or hate group;
- Content that communicates message or images inconsistent with the positive images and/or goodwill to which BNS wishes to associate or that would reflect negatively on the name, reputation or goodwill of Scotiabank, its subsidiaries or affiliates; or
- Any other Content that is or could be considered illegal, inappropriate, unsuitable or offensive, all as determined by BNS in its sole discretion
2. You will not post or submit any third party Content unless you have first obtained consent from the owner of such Content. By posting and/or submitting Content to a Social Media Page, you represent that you have the right to share the material in your submitted Content, including, intellectual property such as, but not limited to, trademarks and copyrighted material. For example:
- You must obtain consent from every person who helped you create the Content (e.g. photographers, videographers, etc.).
- You cannot post, submit or otherwise use (in any Content you post) any music, logos, trademarks or other copyrighted materials (e.g. photographs, pictures, texts, lyrics, etc.) unless you have first obtained consent from the owner of such materials.
3. You will not post or submit any personal information about yourself or third parties (e.g. addresses, phone numbers, email addresses) or disclose any financial information pertaining to yourself or others on any Social Media Page.
4. You will not post Content that contains images, photos or likenesses of individuals, including without limitation celebrities and/or other public or private figures, unless you first obtain consent from every identifiable person (and his/her parent/legal guardian if he/she is under the age of majority in their jurisdiction of residence) who appears in your posted Content (note: if you cannot obtain the appropriate consent for an identifiable individual appearing in your posted Content, then his/her face must be blurred out or otherwise made unidentifiable).
5. You will not post Content containing advertisements, personal or commercial solicitations, “spam” or junk mail content, or references to other websites.
You (and your parent/legal guardian if you are under the age of majority in your jurisdiction of residence) hereby agree to release, and hold harmless BNS from and against any and all claims based on any Content you post and/or submit, including (without limitation) claims based on publicity rights, defamation, invasion of privacy, copyright infringement, trademark infringement or any other intellectual property related cause of action.
Our Social Media Pages and all content are provided “as is”. By accessing and using a Social Media Page you (and your parent/legal guardian if you are under the age of majority in your jurisdiction of residence) acknowledge and agree that use of such Social Media Page and the content is entirely at your own risk. BNS is not liable for any errors or omissions in the information provided on any Social Media Page, or for any loss or damages suffered as a result the information and materials appearing on any Social Media Page or relating to any other matter.
The symbols ® and ™ designate a Canadian registered trademark and, generally, unregistered trademark status respectively. Registered trademarks of The Bank of Nova Scotia in Canada include: Scotiabank; Scotia; Flying “S” and design; Scotiabank & Flying “S” and design. The Bank of Nova Scotia has additional trademarks, registered and unregistered, in Canada and other countries, which may appear on a Social Media Page.