How to Resolve Your Complaints

Step One:

Talk to us at your Branch or Customer Contact Centre 1800-4SCOTIA or 1-800-472-6842.

If the person you speak to at the branch/customer contact centre is not able to resolve your concern to your satisfaction, please speak directly to a management officer, who has the authority to resolve the majority of problems that arise

Step Two:

Contact the Office of the President.

If the management officer has been unable to resolve your complaint satisfactorily, a representative of the President & CEO will be pleased to assist you.


The President, Scotiabank
44 King Street West Toronto, ON M5H 1H1


1-877-700-0045 (in Toronto 416-933-1777)


English 1-877-700-0043
(in Toronto 416-933-1700)

French 1-877-700-0044
(in Toronto 416-933-1780)

Step Three:

Contact Scotiabank’s Ombudsman.

Scotiabank’s Ombudsman has been appointed to undertake an impartial review of all unresolved customer complaints. If you have gone through the first two steps and remain dissatisfied, submit your complaint to the Ombudsman in writing.


Scotiabank Ombudsman
44 King Street West, Toronto, ON M5H 1H1



Still not satisfied?

You may contact an External Complaints Body for banking complaints; ADR Chambers Banking Ombudsman (ADRBO)

ADRBO has been appointed to undertake an impartial review of unresolved banking complaints. If you are not satisfied with our Ombudsman’s response, you can refer your complaint to the ADRBO. While we would expect to resolve your complaint within 90 days, if our best efforts have been unable to provide a resolution in that time, you may refer your complaint to the ADRBO.


ADR Chambers Banking Ombudsman
P.O. Box 1006 31 Adelaide Street East Toronto, Ontario M5C2K4




Contacting the Financial Consumer Agency of Canada (FCAC):

The FCAC supervises federally regulated financial institutions to ensure they comply with federal consumer protection laws. For example, financial institutions must provide consumers with information about fees, interest rates and complaint-handling procedures. They must also provide proper notice of closing a branch and, subject to certain conditions, must cash a federal government cheque up to $1,500 and open a deposit account when acceptable identification is presented. If you have a complaint about such a regulatory matter, you can contact the FCAC in writing at:


Financial Consumer Agency of Canada
427 Laurier Avenue West, 6th Floor Ottawa ON K1R 1B9


English 1-866-461-3222
For calls from outside Canada: 613-960-4666

French 1-866-461-2232


1-866-814-2224 / 613-941-1436