Sales & Trading Summer Internship – New York
Undergraduate. Work Term: June – August
The Big Apple is waiting for you! We have an incredible hands-on summer internship in Scotiabank’s Global Banking and Markets division. You’ll be introduced to the stimulating and dynamic world of wholesale sales & trading. Not only will you gain practical and leader-led experience, but you’ll get a chance to work in these areas:
- Equity Sales & Trading
- Financial Services
- Fixed Income
- Prime Services
At the end of your internship we’ll select outstanding candidates for a full-time opportunity or a second internship with our Global Banking Markets team. Apply now – we can’t wait to see what you’ve got!
This is right for you if:
You want to build your experience, skills and expertise in the financial markets and you thrive in a high-pressure environment.
You want a hands-on workplace experience that encourages you to contribute, be challenged, and grow.
- Assisting the Sales, Trading and Structuring staff on the trade floor in their day-to-day functions
- Assisting in preparing client presentations, daily market commentary and providing timely client support
- Working on research projects as required
What qualifications you need
- Undergraduate or relevant Master’s degree to be completed by the Spring term of the following year
- High academic achievement with a passion for the markets
- Solid record of leadership abilities through extracurricular accomplishments
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work collaboratively in a fast-paced environment
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills
How to Apply
This internship runs from June through August. Please check your school's Career Centre for our summer internship postings – we begin accepting applications in December for internships that start in the following year.