2023 Scotiabank Tickets Giveaway
Official Rules & Regulations (the “Rules”). By entering this Contest, you agree to abide by these Rules and the decisions of The Bank of Nova Scotia (“Scotiabank” or the “Sponsor”), which are final and binding.
You understand that by participating in the Contest you are providing your information to Scotiabank. You agree to completely release Twitter, Facebook and Instagram of all liability in connection with this Contest.
- WHO CAN ENTER
This Contest is open to all residents of Canada excluding residents of Quebec who have reached the age of majority in their province or territory of residence at the time of entry, except employees of Scotiabank and its affiliates and its and their advertising and promotional agencies and the immediate family of such employees and individuals living in the same household with such employees. “Immediate family” is defined as parents, siblings, children, or spouse.
- CONTEST PERIOD
The Contest runs from May 3 – May 5, expiring at 11:59:59 pm (ET) (the “Contest Period”).
- HOW TO ENTER
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
To enter the Contest, you must comment on the official Scotiabank Contest post on Instagram, Twitter or Facebook to earn one (1) entry (each an “Entry”). Each original Entry will be counted as one (1) Entry and must meet the entry requirements set out below in Section 4. Use of computer programs and/or other automated devices to enter the Contest is prohibited. Any costs or expenses incurred by entrants in participating in the Contest including data rates if entrant enters the Contest via a mobile device are the responsibility of entrants. Normal internet access and device usage charges imposed by your online service provider will apply.
- ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
Any Entry deemed inappropriate or unsuitable, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, will be disqualified. Scotiabank reserves the right to have any Entry removed which, in its sole discretion, does not comply with these Rules. In such event, the entry associated with such Entry will be disqualified.
To be eligible, all Entries must meet the following requirements:
• Entries must ‘comment’ in the comments field of the Contest post;
• Entries must ‘follow’ Scotiabank’s social media channels.
• Entries, regardless of method of entry, must be received during the Contest Period;
• Entries must not contain content that: is inappropriate, offensive or indecent including profanity, nudity, or sexual content; promotes racism, hatred, violence or harm against any living creature, individual or group; promotes discrimination based on gender, race, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, age or any other prohibited ground; or promotes the use of alcohol, illegal drugs, tobacco, weapons, or illegal activities;
• Entries must not contain advertisements, personal or commercial solicitations, or promote any political agenda or party;
• Entries must not contain any identifiable third party products and/or trademarks, brands or logos (other than those of Sponsor and its affiliates), advertise or promote any brand or product owned by any entity other than Sponsor or contain anti-competitive messages or material that violates the rights of Sponsor, Maple Leaf Sports and Entertainment, the NHL, Twitter, Facebook or Instagram;
• Entries must not contain names, likenesses, photos or other information about an identifiable individual, including without limitation celebrities and/or other public or private figures, living or dead, without express written permission from the person(s) (or their estate);
• Entries must be in keeping with Sponsor’s image and not contain any material that could reflect negatively on the name, reputation or goodwill of Sponsor, its subsidiaries or affiliates, in Sponsor’s sole discretion; and
• Entries must not violate or encourage the violation of any law, rule or regulation.
• A total of one (2) prizes are available to be awarded. Each winner will receive 2 tickets to the Maple Leafs game in Florida on Saturday, May 6, 2023. (approximate retail value of $500) (the “Prize”). Except at the discretion of Sponsor, Prizes are non-transferable and must be accepted as awarded; no cash substitute. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute the Prize in whole or in part if all or any of the components of the Prize are unavailable with another prize of equal or greater approximate value. In the event that the winner is unable to redeem any or all of the Prize, due to reasons beyond the control of the Sponsor, its employees, representatives, agents and all parties associated with this Contest, no compensation or substitution prize will be provided. Any costs or expenses incurred by winners in claiming or using their Prizes will be the responsibility of the winners.
• Scotiabank will not provide any travel (flight) or accommodation (hotel) arrangements for the winner. It is the responsibility of the winner to make these arrangements on their own.
- PRIZE DRAW
• A random draw will be conducted on May 5, 2023, at or about 12pm (ET) from all eligible Entries received during the Contest Period at the offices of Scotiabank located at 100 Yonge St, Toronto, ON, M5C 2W1. There will be 1 Entry randomly chosen to be eligible to win the Prize. The odds of an Entry being drawn depend on the total number of eligible Entries received during the Contest Period. Limit of one (1) Prize per entrant.
- SELECTION OF WINNERS
Selected entrants will be notified within 72 hours through Facebook, Twitter or Instagram by a Sponsor representative and given instructions on how to contact Sponsor to claim the Prize. In order to be declared the Prize winner, in addition to complying with the other terms and conditions of these Rules, the selected entrant must respond to the notification within twelve (12) hours and provide a valid mailing address, phone number and email address. Selected entrants must also correctly answer, unaided, a time-limited mathematical skill-testing question to be administered by email. Winners will be required to sign a release form confirming acceptance of the Prize as awarded and releasing Sponsor and its affiliates from any liability relating to the Prize and return it to Sponsor within seven (7) days from the date of receipt.
By accepting the Prize, the winner consents to the use by Sponsor of his/her name, Twitter, Facebook or Instagram user name, address (city and province), photo, image, likeness, biographical information, voice and/or any statements made by the winner regarding the Contest or Sponsor for promotional, advertising, marketing, publicity and commercial purposes in any and all media now or hereafter devised, including but not limited to, any online announcements, worldwide in perpetuity, without additional compensation, notification, or permission, except where prohibited by law.
Should a selected entrant fail to meet any of these Rules in Sponsor’s sole discretion, or a selected entrant cannot be reached or a prize notification is returned as undeliverable, entrant will be disqualified. A new random draw will be conducted from amongst all remaining eligible Entries in accordance with these Rules in order to select another potential Prize winner, who will be subject to the same conditions and could be disqualified in the same manner.
- GENERAL RULES
By entering this Contest, entrants accept and agree to be bound by these Rules, including all eligibility requirements and the decisions of the Sponsor and the independent judging organization, if any, which are final and binding without right of appeal on all matters relating to this Contest. All Entries become the property of the Sponsor and will not be returned or acknowledged and by participating in this Contest entrants agree that Sponsor may (but is not obligated to) share select Entries on its Facebook, Twitter and Instagram account or other social media sites. Entries will not be acknowledged and no correspondence will be entered into except with potential winners. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify all entrants who fail to comply with these Rules or who make any misrepresentation relating to the Contest, drawing and redemption of any Prize.
If a dispute arises regarding who submitted an Entry, the Entry will be deemed to be submitted by the authorized account holder of the Facebook, Twitter or Instagram username provided at time of entry. Authorized account holder is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet access or online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address.
Entrant represents and warrants that its Entry does not and will not infringe on any copyright or trademark or any other third party right or violate any applicable law or regulation, including any right to privacy or publicity. By entering the Contest, entrant grants Sponsor a worldwide, royalty free, non-exclusive right and license to copy, distribute and display each submitted Entry and use each Entry in any manner including promotional, advertising, marketing, publicity and commercial uses without any further notice or payment to entrant (except where prohibited by law).
By participating, entrants (and in the case of the confirmed winner, winner agrees to cause each of his/her guests to) release and hold harmless Sponsor, Twitter, Facebook and Instagram, and their respective affiliates, directors, officers, employees, advertising and promotional agencies affiliated with this Contest, participating establishments and any independent contest judges appointed by Sponsor from any claims, actions, injury, loss, or damage of any kind, including, but not limited to, illness, personal injury or death, resulting, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from participating in this Contest or from the acceptance, possession, or use or misuse of the Prize or any portion thereof (including any travel/activity related thereto). This limitation of liability is a comprehensive limitation of liability that applies to all damages of any kind, including (without limitation) compensatory, direct, indirect, or consequential damages; loss of data, income or profit; loss of damage to property; and claims of third parties.
The Sponsor shall not be responsible for any failure of email during the Contest or for any problems or technical malfunction of a telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any email, on-line, or Internet entry to be received by the Sponsor. In addition, the Sponsor shall not be responsible for technical problems, traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, or any combination thereof including any injury or damage to an entrant's or any other person’s computer, or property related to or resulting from playing or downloading any material in the promotion. The Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion to cancel, suspend, extend or modify this Contest without notice, obligation or liability if in the Sponsors’ opinion there is any suspected or actual evidence of tampering with any portion of the Contest, or if virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention, force majeure or other causes corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness, or integrity and proper play of the Contest, or for any other reason in Sponsor’s sole discretion. In such case, Sponsor may select the winner(s) from all eligible Entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by Sponsor. Any attempt to deliberately damage any website or to undermine the legitimate operation of this Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil laws, and, should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law. Entries are subject to verification and will be declared invalid if they are illegible, incomplete, mechanically reproduced, mutilated, forged, falsified, altered or tampered with in any way, or otherwise not in compliance with these Rules.
The Sponsor shall not be responsible in any way for the use of, or bear any liability whatsoever in any way attributable to, the Prize awarded in this Contest or the events forming part of this Contest, including but not limited to typographical or other errors in the offer or administration of this Contest, these Rules, the selection and announcement of winners or the distribution of the Prize. The Sponsor and its affiliates, and its and their officers, directors, partners, partnerships, principals, representatives, agents, licensees, successors and assigns (i) make no warranty, guaranty or representation of any kind concerning the Prize, (ii) disclaim any implied warranty or condition, and (iii) are not liable for injury, loss, or damage of any kind resulting from the acceptance, use or misuse of the Prize, travel related thereto or otherwise from participation in this Contest.
In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the terms of these Rules and the terms or statements contained in any short-form Contest rules, advertising materials and/or the French version of these Official Rules, the terms and conditions of these English Rules shall prevail, govern, and control to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law.
This Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial, and municipal laws. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the substantive laws of the Province of Ontario without regard to Ontario conflicts of law principles. All entrants consent to the jurisdiction and venue of the Province of Ontario.
The Sponsor is committed to respecting the privacy rights of entrants. Any personal information collected will be handled in strict accordance with the Scotiabank Privacy Agreement found at www.scotiabank.com and all applicable privacy legislation. The Sponsor will not sell any personal information collected for this Contest to any third parties. Except as otherwise set forth herein with respect to the Prize winner, any personal information collected for this Contest shall be collected, used, and disclosed by the Sponsor solely for the purpose of managing and administering this Contest. By entering this Contest, the entrant hereby consents to the Sponsor's collection, use and disclosure of the entrant's personal information in order to manage and administer this Contest.
- WINNER NAME
To obtain the name of the Prize winner, email firstname.lastname@example.org.