Scotia Momentum® Cash Back Visa* card
Is this the right card for you?
Special 1.99% introductory interest rate†
For a limited time Get a Scotia Momentum Visa card PLUS a 1.99% introductory interest rate on balance transfers for the first six months†.
Calculate & Save
Calculate & Save
At a Glance
Cash Back on Everyday Purchases1
- 1 You will earn 2% cash back on the first $25,000 you spend annually on gas station, grocery store and drug store purchases and on recurring payments. 2% cash back applies at merchants which are classified in the Visa Inc. (Visa) network as Grocery Stores & Supermarkets, Drug Stores & Pharmacies, Service Stations (with or without ancillary services), Automated Fuel Dispensers and Recurring Payments (Merchant Codes: 5411, 5541, 5542 & 5912). Recurring payments are defined as payments made on a monthly or regular basis automatically billed by the merchant to your Scotia Momentum Visa card. Recurring payments are typically telecommunication, insurance, membership, subscriptions etc. purchases. Not all merchants offer recurring payments. (Please check with your merchant to see if they offer recurring payments on Visa cards.) Some merchants may sell these products/services or are separate merchants who are located on the premises of these merchants, but are classified by Visa in another manner, in which case this added benefit would not apply. You will earn 1% cash back on purchases made after you have reached the 2% $25,000 annual spend max., and on all other eligible purchases made with the card. Purchase returns, payments, cash advances, Scotia® Credit Card Cheques, credit vouchers, card fees, interest charges or service/transaction charges do not qualify for Scotia Momentum cash back. Read More
- 2Not including cash advances, balance transfers and Scotia Credit Card cheques. Provided that you pay your balance in full by the payment due date.
- 3For all insurance coverage, certain limitations, restrictions and exclusions apply. You will receive a Certificate of Insurance, which contains a full description of coverage. Please read them carefully. All claims for insurance indemnities must be forwarded to the insurers. The Bank of Nova Scotia is not an insurer.
- 4Subject to available credit. Scotia Credit Card Cheques are treated as a cash advance and interest applies from the transaction date until the amount is repaid in full
- 5 All Scotiabank retail credit cards, except ScotiaLine Visa card, Scotiabank Value Visa card, and No-Fee Scotiabank Value Visa card, will have Visa payWave when issued or reissued. Visa payWave™ is a Trademark of Visa Int./Lic
- 6Certain restrictions, limitations and exclusions apply. Please visit www.Visa.ca for a full description of the Visa Zero Liability Policy
- † The introductory 1.99% interest rate applies to cash advances, balance transfers and Scotia® Credit Card Cheques only. This rate applies when the new Scotiabank credit card account ("Account") is opened and will then continue for 6 months from that date. After the promotional period, the 1.99% rate on any promotional balances (including that remain unpaid after the offer ends) will increase to the regular interest rate for cash advances, balance transfers and Scotia® Credit Card Cheques on your Account. Rates and fees are subject to change without notice. Offer applies to new Accounts only that are opened by October 31, 2016. This offer cannot be used to transfer a balance from another Scotiabank account, or to make a payment or deposit to another Scotiabank account. Offer may be changed or extended and cannot be combined with any other offer.
A 1% Promotional Rate Fee on the amount of any cash advance, balance transfer and Scotia® Credit Card Cheque will apply during this promotional offer.
- ±The Scotiabank StartRight Program created for Canadian Landed Immigrants from 0-3 years in Canada, International Students and Foreign Workers.