No-Fee Scotiabank Value® VISA Card
Special 3.99% rate for the first six months
For a limited timeGet a No-Fee Scotiabank Value VISA card and we'll help reduce your borrowing costs! Receive a 3.99% introductory interest rate on cash advances, balance transfers and Scotia® Credit Card cheques for the first six months†.Apply online
- Save hundreds of dollars a year
- Pay down balances faster
- Simplify your monthly payments
At a Glance
Introductory Interest Rate †
Save Hundreds of Dollars
With all the features and benefits of the standard Scotiabank Value® VISA card, the No-Fee Scotiabank Value VISA card can offer you outstanding value. Switch balances from higher interest rate credit cards and save!
AVIS Car Rentals
Save with discounts of up to 20% at participating AVIS car rental locations worldwide. Simply present your No-Fee Scotiabank ValueVISA card at any participating location. Or visit www.AVIS.com or call 1-800-TRY-AVIS (879-2847) and quote the rebate number C030400.
Use Scotia Credit Card Cheques to:
- Transfer balances from gas and retail cards that charge higher interest rates.
- Pay for a large purchase, insurance premiums, medical bills, or utility bills.
Obtain cash advances at:
- Over 1 million ABMs around the world displaying the VISA/PLUS symbols.
- Over 55,000 ABMs displaying the INTERAC symbol in Canada, including Scotiabank ABMs.
- Or, access your No-Fee Scotiabank ValueVISA account with your ScotiaCard when you link the two together.
Link your No-Fee Scotiabank Value VISA account to your ScotiaCard® you can use TeleScotia® Telephone Banking and Scotia OnLine® Financial Services for VISA account information.
With one simple application, you can have financial protection from a range of life events: Disability, Job Loss, Strike or Lockout, Critical Illness or loss of Life. A monthly benefit equal to 5%† of your outstanding credit card account balance can be paid to your credit card account if you are unable to work, which can help pay down your balance faster. In the event of a diagnosis of a covered Critical Illness++, or if you pass away, your outstanding credit card account balance can be paid in full, up to a maximum of $20,000.
This comprehensive coverage is available at a monthly premium rate of only $0.95 per $100 of average daily balance on your credit card account (plus any applicable sales tax). The affordable cost includes benefits for a Co-Borrower at no additional charge. The premium is conveniently charged to your credit card account to help ensure your coverage stays in place.
Approval is fast – contact us for details if you are a resident of Canada, and are at least 18 and under 65 years of age.
View more information or simply call 1-855-753-4272 between 8am and 8pm (EST) Monday to Friday and a Customer Service Representative will be pleased to assist you.
† 5% of outstanding balance up to 24 months
++ The maximum benefit payable is $20,000
Ready to Apply
- † The introductory 3.99% interest rate is applicable on cash advances, balance transfers and Scotia® Credit Card cheques only. This rate takes effect when the account is opened and will then continue for six months from that date. During the promotional period, the regular interest rate applies to purchases. After the promotional period, the rate for your balances that were at 3.99% will increase to the regular interest rate. The balance transfer fee (that is regularly 1% of the balance transfer amount) is waived for this offer. Rates and fees are subject to change without notice. Offer applies to new accounts opened by March 31, 2014, subject to credit approval. Read More
- 1 Not including cash advances, balance transfers and Scotia Credit Card cheques. Provided that you pay your balance in full by the payment due date.
- 2 Subject to available credit. Scotia Credit Card Cheques are treated as a cash advance and interest applies from the transaction date until the amount is repaid in full.
- 3 For all insurance coverage, certain limitations, restrictions and exclusions apply. You will receive a Certificate of Insurance which contains a full description of coverage. Please read them carefully. All claims for insurance indemnities must be forwarded to the insurers. The Bank of Nova Scotia is not an insurer.
- 4 Certain restrictions, limitations and exclusions apply. Please visit www.visa.ca for a full description of the VISA Zero Liability Policy.