Is this the right card for you?
Earn 5,000 bonus Scotia Rewards points
Start your travel plans faster. Earn 5,000 bonus points with your first Card purchase when you get a Scotiabank American Express Card.2
That's worth $50 in travel!
Apply online Rewards Calculator Rewards Calculator
- Earn travel rewards up to 2x faster Earn 2x Scotia Rewards points for every $1 you spend at eligible gas stations, grocery stores, on dining and entertainment1
- Extraordinary travel benefits Receive discounts and other special amenities at hotels, on airfare, car rentals, cruises and vacation packages5
- Full Service Travel Agency Book online or call Scotia Rewards Travel Service3
- Flexible Point RedemptionPurchase travel on your Scotiabank American Express Card from any travel provider, then call or go online to redeem your points for the travel purchase.4
- Comprehensive travel insurance Includes travel emergency medical (up to 8 days)6
- Merchandise and other rewards
- Eligible for Apple Pay
Important Changes to our Scotia Rewards program:
Effective November 7, 2016, there will be changes to some of our Scotia Rewards terms and conditions. Please review full details of those upcoming Program changes.
At a Glance
Earn 5,000 bonus Scotia Rewards points2
Earn travel rewards up to 2X faster1
- 1 You will earn 2 points per $1 on the first $50,000 in purchases made annually at American Express merchants classified in the American Express network as: Gas Service Stations and Automated Fuel Dispensers; Grocery Stores and Supermarkets; Eating Places and Restaurants, Drinking Places, Fast Food Restaurants; and Entertainment including Motion Picture Theaters, Theatrical Producers, Ticket Agencies, Bands, Orchestras and Miscellaneous Entertainers. Some merchants may sell these products/services or are separate merchants who are located on the premises of these merchants, but are classified by American Express in another manner, in which case this added benefit would not apply. You will earn 1 point per $1 on purchases made after you have reached the 2 points per $1 $50,000 annual spend maximum and on all other purchases made with the card. Points are not awarded for cash advances, Scotia®* Credit Card Cheques, Scotia Rewards Dollars, returns, payments, casinos and gambling, annual membership or card fees, interest charges or service transaction charges. Scotia Rewards points must be redeemed within 60 days of account closure or they will be deleted permanently. If your account is not in good standing, the accumulated Scotia Rewards points are not eligible for redemption. Read More
- 2 The 5,000 Scotia Rewards bonus points are awarded when you use your Scotiabank®* American Express® Card for a purchase within two months of open date and provided the account is open and in good standing. The points will appear as an adjustment on your Scotiabank®* American Express® Cardstatement within two statement cycles of your first card purchase. Offer applies to new accounts opened by October 31, 2016
- 3 Travel Booking Site and services provided by a duly licensed 3rd party travel agent: Altour International Inc.
- 4 You are eligible to redeem travel-related expenses on the Card made outside of Scotia Rewards Travel Service for points, provided that these travel-related expenses have not been previously claimed and your account is in good standing. In order to qualify, the travel-related activity must be associated with trips made on your Program Card and the charges submitted are recognized by our systems under the following American Express Merchant Category Codes or identifiers: airlines & air carriers – 4511; airports, flying fields, and airport terminals – 4582; lodgings, hotels, motels and resorts – 7011; trailer parks and campgrounds – 7033; passenger railways - 4112, bus lines – 4113; steamship and cruise lines – 4411; travel agencies and tour operators – 4722; automobile rental agency – 7512; motor home and recreational vehicle rentals – 7519; and include related taxes, booking fees, airport fees and travel insurance premiums.
Credit to your account cannot exceed the amount of the cost of the travel transactions submitted. A minimum of 5,000 points must be redeemed at one time. You will have 12 months to redeem these eligible travel-related purchases for points. Points cannot be redeemed once 12 months have elapsed from the date it was posted to your card account. It may take up to two statement cycles following the processing of your redemption request for the points to be credited to your account. You cannot have travel rewards reversed once your redemption request has been processed
- 5 Travel Privileges is brought to you by American Express with offers from participating American Express merchants. Lowest available rate refers to rates available across booking channels and must be available in the Global Distribution System during the booking date for the same booking being requested through Hotel Privileges and Luxury Hotel Privileges. Lowest available fare refers to the lowest published airfare at time of booking based upon search criteria. Minimum booking requirements may apply. Cancellation policies, payment policies, and all other booking conditions will be advised at the time of booking. Blackout dates may apply. All reservations and offers are based on availability and are subject to taxes and assessments. Offers are subject to merchants' standard booking requirements, terms, and conditions. Offer cannot be combined with other offers, promotions, discounts, or programs, and may not be redeemed for cash. Complete terms and conditions are available at scotiarewards.com
- 6 Insurance coverage is underwritten by American Bankers Insurance Company of Florida and/or American Bankers Life Assurance Company of Florida. Travel Emergency Medical Insurance is underwritten by American Bankers Life Assurance Company of Florida, except for travel in Cuba which is underwritten by Zurich Insurance Company Ltd The Bank of Nova Scotia is not an insurer. All claims for insurance indemnities must be forwarded to the respective insurers. Details of the coverage, including definitions, benefits, limitations, and exclusions are in the Certificate of Insurance provided with the card. Read the Certificate of Insurance then keep it in a safe place with your other valuable documents, and take it with you when you travel.
- 7 Not including cash advances, balance transfers and Scotia Credit Card cheques. Provided that you pay your balance in full by the payment due date.
- 8 For all insurance coverage, certain limitations, restrictions and exclusions apply. You will receive a Certificate of Insurance, which contains a full description of coverage. Please read them carefully. All claims for insurance indemnities must be forwarded to the insurers. The Bank of Nova Scotia is not an insurer.
- ® Registered trademarks of The Bank of Nova Scotia. American Express is a registered trademark of American Express. This credit card program is issued and administered by the Bank of Nova Scotia under license from American Express.
- TM,® Used under license from American Express
- *Purchase must be charged in full to an American Express Card. Subject to availability and to event and ticketing agent terms, conditions, and fees. Not all seats are available. All sales are final. No refunds. No exchanges.
- The Bank of Nova Scotia and its affiliates are not responsible for fulfillment of offers under the American Express Invites program. All offers are provided and fulfilled by participating merchants and are subject to the specific terms and conditions of the respective merchant. American Express and its affiliates are not liable or otherwise responsible for any offer or experience made available under this program, and are not responsible for fulfillment, any changes or cancellation of any offer.
- ±The Scotiabank StartRight Program created for Canadian Landed Immigrants from 0-3 years in Canada, International Students and Foreign Workers.