When you sign up for Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) direct deposit you can get all your eligible government payments and benefits deposited quickly and securely to your Scotiabank account. No need to wait for cheques in the mail.
Set up direct deposit and you’ll be able to:
- Get your income tax refund deposited directly into your Scotiabank account.
- Quicker access to COVID-19 support payments like the Canada Recovery Benefit, Caregiver Benefit, and Sickness Benefit.
- Manage any ongoing payments like GST/HST credits, childcare and worker benefits, and more directly through your Scotiabank account.
- For a full list of eligible benefits please visit the Canada Revenue Agency.
To be eligible to enrol for government payments direct deposit with the Canada Revenue Agency you must have filed at least one income tax return in the past.
If you have never filed a Canadian tax return, you must first call 1-800-959-8281 to register your Social Insurance Number with the CRA. You will not be able to apply for government payments like CERB/CESB or set up direct deposit until you call and register your Social Insurance Number.
Ready to sign up for Direct Deposits today?
Here’s how direct deposit works.
If you already have direct deposit set up with the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA), you don't need to enrol again unless you want to update the deposit account to be used. To enrol in direct deposit with CRA:
- From the app’s Home screen, tap your chequing account
- Tap Manage
- Tap Direct deposit/void cheque info
- Tap Canada Revenue Agency Direct Deposit Enrolment
- Tap Enrol Now
- Select the account you’d like your funds deposited to
- Review your personal info and tap Continue
- Read and agree to the Consent and Privacy Statements and select Confirm