Earn 2X the Scene+ points on every $1 you spend at Sobeys, Safeway, Foodland, and Cineplex.4
Earn 1,250 bonus Scene+ points upon first purchase.4
Is this Credit Card right for you?
Right for you if you:
- Are a student enrolled in a Canadian post secondary school and this is one of your first Credit Cards
- Value the rewards and benefits that can be earned with this Card
- Want to obtain a convenient and secure payment method for everyday purchases
- Interested in building your credit history by making at least your minimum payments on time each month
- Want an interest free grace period on purchases
- Prefer to avoid annual fees
May not be right for you if you:
- Will be carrying an outstanding balance for a long period of time or using it for debt consolidation
- Have a steady income of more than $12000/year (income requirement subject to change) as you may qualify for other types of available Credit Cards
- Prefer cash back rewards
- Prefer a card with certain embedded insurance benefits
Fee & Rates
Minimum credit limit3
- Earn 2 Scene+ points on every $1 you spend at Sobeys, Safeway, Foodland & Participating Co-ops, FreshCo and more. (List of eligible grocers in this category may be changed from time to time without notice. See full list of participating merchants across Canada, visit scotiabank.com/participatingstores).4
- Earn 2 Scene+ points for every $1 you spend at Cineplex♢ theatres or at cineplex.com.4
- Earn 1 Scene+ point for every $1 you spend on your everyday credit card purchases.4
- Redeem Scene+™* points for travel, shopping, entertainment, dining, banking, and more.
- Save on car rentals5: As a Scotiabank® Scene+™ Visa* Cardholder, Save up to 25% off base rates at participating AVIS locations and at participating Budget locations in Canada and the U.S. when you pay with your Scotiabank® Scene+™ Visa* Card.
- Optional Scotia Credit Card Protection insurance. Coverage to help you and your family stay financially on track through unexpected events.10
You may also like these options
L'earn® Visa* Card
Main features and perks
- Get up to a 1% Moneyback reward.1
- No annual fee.
- Earn even more rewards, faster!
Scotiabank Rewards Comparison
Select the type of reward or benefit you're interested in and take the guesswork out of choosing a card.
Meet with a Scotiabank advisor
Book a meeting with a Scotiabank advisor today and start the conversation.
Scotiabank® Scene+™ Visa* Card cardholders will earn points for purchases made with their Scotiabank® Scene+™ Visa* Card (“Card”). A Card must be connected to a Scene+ membership account to earn points on purchases made on the Card. Points are not awarded for cash advances, balance transfers, Scotia Credit Card Cheques, returns, refunds or other similar credits, payments fees, interest, service or transaction charges on the Card. Some conditions and limitations apply. Visit www.scotiabank.com/scenevisa for complete details.
Offer Description and Conditions: The 1,250 Bonus Scene+ Points Offer (the “Offer”) applies only to new SCENE Visa Student credit card accounts (“Account”) opened by April 30, 2023 subject to the conditions below. To be eligible for the Offer, an eligible purchase must be posted to the Account within 2 months of the Account open date. Eligible purchases include purchases (less any refunds, returns or other similar credits) but do not include payments, cash advances (including balance transfers, Scotia® Credit Card Cheques or cash-like transactions), interest, fees or other charges. The bonus points will be credited within 2-3 business days after the first eligible purchase is posted to your Account, provided the Account is open and in good standing. The Account is considered in good standing if it is not past due or over limit and the Cardholder(s) is not in breach of the Revolving Credit Agreement that applies to the Account. Only one welcome bonus is awarded per Account. In cases where both the primary and secondary cardholders are Scene+ members, the bonus points will be credited to the Scene+ membership account that has been connected to the Account. Offer may be changed, cancelled or extended at any time without notice and cannot be combined with any other offers.
Eligibility and Exclusions: Individuals who are currently or were previously primary or secondary cardholders of a Scotiabank personal credit card in the past 2 years, including those that switch from an existing Scotiabank personal credit card, as well as employees of Scotiabank, are not eligible for the Offer. Subject to the above exclusions, Scotiabank small business credit cardholders are also eligible for the Offer.
Rates and Fees: There is currently no annual fee for the primary card and no fee for each additional card. The current preferred annual interest rates for the Account are: 19.99% on purchases and 22.99% on cash advances (including balance transfers, Scotia® Credit Card Cheques and cash-like transactions). All rates, fees, features and benefits are subject to change.
For current rates and information on fees and interest, call 1-888-882-8958. Interest rates, fees and features are subject to change without notice. Learn more about credit card fees and credit card interest rates.
You are awarded two (2) Scene+ Points for every eligible $1.00 purchase made at Sobeys, Safeway, IGA, Foodland, Foodland & Participating Co-ops, FreshCo, Chalo! FreshCo, Thrifty Foods, Rachelle Béry, Les Marchés, Voilà by Sobeys, Voilà by Safeway and Voilà par IGA locations charged and posted to the Scotiabank Scene+ Visa Account. This list of eligible grocers may be changed from time to time without notice. See full list of participating merchants across Canada at scotiabank.com/participatingstores. Additionally, you are awarded two (2) Scene+ Points for every $1.00 purchase in Cineplex theaters and online at cineplex.com purchases charged and posted to the Scotiabank Scene+ Visa Account (the earn rates for each of the above merchants are referred to as the “Accelerated Earn Rates”). You are awarded one (1) Scene+ Point for every $1.00 in all other purchases of goods and services charged to the Scotiabank Scene+ Visa Account (the “Regular Earn Rate”). Eligibility: Only purchases earn Scene+ Points. Cash advances (including Balance Transfers, Scotia† Credit Card Cheques and Cash-Like Transactions), fees, interest or other charges, returns, refunds or other similar credits to your Account do not qualify for Scene+ Points. Scene+ Points will not be posted to an Account that is not in good standing when purchases are made or when a statement is issued, or if the Account is not open when a statement is issued. See your Scene+ Points terms at www.scotiabank.com/sceneplus for full program details.
All dollar amounts are in Canadian currency unless otherwise stated.
The savings of up to 25% applies to Avis and Budget base rates and is applicable only to the time and mileage charges of the rental. All taxes, fees (including but not limited Air Conditioning Excise Recovery Fee, Concession Recovery Fee, Vehicle License Recovery Fee, Energy Recovery Fee, Tire Management Fee, and Frequent Traveler Fee) and surcharges (including but not limited to Customer Facility Charge and Environmental Fee Recovery Charge) are extra. The Bank of Nova Scotia is not responsible for, and provides no representations, warranties or conditions regarding this offer or any Avis or Budget products or services, including Avis Preferred Plus membership and services and those obtained under this offer, which are governed solely by Avis’ terms and conditions. Avis Preferred Plus membership and services are provided by Avis.
Scotia Credit Card Protection is underwritten by Chubb Life Insurance Company of Canada under a Group Policy issued to The Bank of Nova Scotia. All coverage is subject to the terms and conditions outlined in the Certificate of Insurance which you will receive upon enrolment.
Purchase returns, payments, cash advances, Scotia® Credit Card Cheques, credit vouchers, card fees, interest charges or service/transaction charges do not qualify for a Moneyback reward.
Not including cash advances, balance transfers and Scotia Credit Card cheques. Provided that you pay your balance in full by the payment due date.