ScotiaGold Passport® VISA* card for travel
5,000 bonus points
Kick-start your travel plans with 5,000 bonus points† on your first purchase.†Apply online Rewards Calculator Rewards Calculator
- Earn Scotia Rewards Points One point for every $1 you spend.1
- Travel anywhere, any time with no restrictions
- Earn 5,000 Scotia Rewards bonus points†
- Comprehensive Travel Insurance2
- 5% cash back3 On travel purchased through Scotia Rewards Travel Service6
- ConvenientWith Visa payWave™ simply wave your card and go!
- Eligible for My Mobile Wallet
At a Glance
Earn Bonus Scotia Rewards Points
Comprehensive Travel Insurance
Where will your card take you? Calculate & See
It's easy to achieve your goals.
See how quickly travel rewards can start to add up!Use this tool
Not sure if this travel credit card is right for you? Let our compare tool help.Use this tool
See our latest demos and videos.
See how you can reward yourself sooner, more often.Watch video
Book online or enjoy exclusive toll-free access to the Scotia Rewards Travel Service a full-service travel agency, with access to online travel sites, tour operators, cruise lines and more!
Book with the Scotia Rewards Travel Service and you'll enjoy:
- A 5% Cash Back on airline tickets, pre-package tours, and cruises3
- The flexibility of using 'Points only' or 'Points plus ScotiaGold Passport VISA card purchase1
- Access to exclusive travel opportunities and 'last second' deals at low rates
- Very competitive prices and no booking fees!
For a look at some of the travel experiences available visit www.scotiarewards.com.Calculate Your Travel Rewards
Comprehensive Travel Protection & Savings2
- Automatic Travel Emergency Medical Insurance at no extra cost
- Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance at no extra cost
- Common Carrier Travel Accident Insurance
- Purchase Security & Extended Warranty Insurance
- Rental Car Collision Insurance
- Lost Luggage and Delayed Luggage Insurance
- Hotel/Motel Burglary Insurance
- Commission-free Travellers Cheques5
- Travel Emergency Medical Insurance (under
Potential Cost Savings
Use your ScotiaGold Passport VISA card to book a two-week vacation and you could:
- SAVE $76Travel Emergency Medical Insurance - for trips of 31 days or less only. Cardmembers who travel for more than 31 days, but less than 45 days, must purchase top-up coverage prior to leaving their province of residence by calling Scotia Assist at 1-800-263-0997. (Based on premiums for a two-week trip for two adults under 65)2
- SAVE $210Rental Car Collision Insurance (two week rental)2
- SAVE $150 Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance based on a vacation package of $2,500 for two adults (under 65)2
- SAVE $30Common Carrier Travel Accident Insurance2
- SAVE $1255% Cash Back (on a $2,500 vacation package for two booked with the Scotia Rewards Travel Service)3
- SAVE $25Commission-free regular American Express Travellers Cheques5 (based on $2,000)
Total Saved $616
Rental Car Discounts
Save with discounts of up to 20% at participating AVIS car rental locations worldwide. Simply present your ScotiaGold Passport VISA card at any participating location. Or visit www.AVIS.com or call 1-800-TRY-AVIS (879-2847) and quote the rebate number C030400.
The Scotia Rewards Concierge Service7 gives ScotiaGold Passport VISA Card members free access to a worldwide network of specialists that can help you take care of your to-do list. Call 1-800-665-2582 (select option 4) in North America or call collect at (905) 696-5088 (outside of Canada & the U.S.) 24/7 to get assistance with things like:
- Obtaining much sought-after sporting or event tickets
- Making restaurant recommendations and reservations
- Arranging a floral delivery
- Booking private ski or tennis lessons
- Coordinating a household service provider And much more!
- ScotiaGold Passport VISA Card Rewards Program Terms and Conditions.
- Minimum Credit Limit $5,000
- Interest-Free Grace Period At least 21 days4
- Annual Fee $110
- $65 applies to Cardmembers 65 years of age or older1.
- $55 if account is secured under a Scotia Total Equity® Plan ($32.50 for Cardmembers 65 years of age or greater).
- Interest Rate
- 19.99% on purchases
- 21.99% on cash advances, balance transfers and Scotia® Credit Card cheques
|Primary Card Holder Annual Fee|
|$65||Applies to Cardmembers 65 years of age or older.|
|$55||If account is secured under a Scotia Total Equity® Plan
($32.50 for Cardmembers 65 years of age or greater).
|Supplementary Cards Annual Fee|
|$15||If primary Cardmember is 65 years of age or older.|
|$15||If account is part of a Scotia Total Equity Plan. Order now (59 Kb)|
For current rates and information on fees and interest cost, call 1-888-882-8958.
AVIS Car Rentals
Save with discounts of up to 20% at participating AVIS car rental locations worldwide. Simply present your ScotiaGold PassportVISA card at any participating location. Or visit www.AVIS.com or call 1-800-TRY-AVIS (879-2847) and quote the rebate number C030400.
As a ScotiaGold Passport VISA Cardmember, you can register your Canadian and US credit and debit cards, as well as important documents (e.g., passports, insurance policies, driver's licenses) for you and any family members living in your household.
- One phone call from anywhere in the world 24 hours a day, 365 day a year, places an urgent stop notice on all missing cards registered and begins the card replacement process.
- No limit to the number of cards or important documents you can register.
- No additional cost to ScotiaGold Passport VISA Cardmembers
If you've already registered, it's a good idea to check your information a few times each year to make sure that we have the most up to date records on file. You can check the information you have registered by calling us at 1-800-665-2582 between 8:00 am and 8:00 pm Eastern Time, Monday to Friday.
To register for this free service, simply complete the registration form (278 Kb)
Use Scotia Credit Card Cheques to:
- Transfer balances from gas and retail cards that charge higher interest rates.
- Pay for a large purchase, insurance premiums, medical bills, or utility bills.
Obtain cash advances at:
- Over 1 million ABMs around the world displaying the VISA/PLUS symbols.
- Over 55,000 ABMs displaying the INTERAC symbol in Canada, including Scotiabank ABMs.
- Or, access your ScotiaGold Passport VISA account with your ScotiaCard when you link the two together.
When you link your ScotiaGold Passport VISA account to your ScotiaCard® you can use TeleScotia® Telephone Banking and Scotia OnLine® Financial Services for VISA account information.
Save time when paying for small, everyday purchases with Visa payWave. Simply wave your card over the card reader and go!10
My Mobile Wallet is now included with the FREE Scotiabank Mobile Banking app and lets you tap your smartphone on the terminal to pay. Just look for the Visa payWave™ symbol at the checkout.
ScotiaGold Passport® VISA* card holders enjoy greater protection with travel and insurance benefits on their card.
Travel Emergency Medical Insurance
- Travel by any means out of your province of residence and receive automatic 31-day coverage.
- Coverage includes expenses for hospital care, nursing care, prescription drugs, licensed ambulances and physician's and surgeon's fees as well as other eligible medical services and supplies (under age 65)1.
- Coverage extends to your spouse (under age 65) and your eligible dependent children.
- Additional and extended medical coverage is available for purchase through Scotia Assist by calling 1-800-263-0997 or collect at 416-977-1552.
- Certificate of Travel Emergency Medical Insurance (98 Kb)
Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance
- Receive up to $2500 per person (maximum $10,000 per trip) when at least 75% of each person's eligible trip expenses are charged to your ScotiaGold Passport VISA card (under age 65)1.
- Coverage extends to spouse (and/or traveling companion) and eligible dependent children.
- Coverage is also available for purchase if the value of the trip exceeds the amount listed above.
- Certificate of Trip Cancellation Insurance (94 Kb)
Rental Car Collision Insurance
- No need to purchase the collision/loss damage insurance coverage offered by the car rental company.
- Covers full value of the vehicle against damage, loss or theft1 provided the entire cost of the car rental is charged to your ScotiaGold Passport VISA card AND coverage offered by the rental car agency is declined (some exclusions apply).
- Certificate of Rental Car Collision Insurance (89 Kb)
Common Carrier Travel Accident Insurance
- Receive automatic maximum coverage of up to $250,000 per person and $500,000 per occurrence.
- Coverage when at least 75% of the common carrier travel fares are charged to your ScotiaGold Passport VISA card.
- Coverage extends to spouse and eligible dependent children.
- Certificate of Travel Accident Insurance (69 Kb)
Security and Extended Warranty Insurance
- Protects most purchases for 90 days against theft, damage, loss and destruction.
- Protects purchases made anywhere in the world provided the item is purchased with your ScotiaGold Passport VISA card.
- Extended warranty coverage is available and will double the manufacturer's warranty to a maximum of 1 year (original receipt required).
- Certificate of Purchase Security Insurance (90 Kb)
Delayed Luggage Insurance
- Never get caught without your luggage again.
- Protects up to $1,000 for the cost of replacing essential items if your checked luggage is not delivered within 4 hours of arriving at your final destination.
- Only applies if the full cost of the fare has been charged to your ScotiaGold Passport VISA card.
Hotel/Motel Burglary Insurance
- Have the protection you have home while you're away.
- Protects you for the period of time between check-in and check-out.
- Protects from theft of most items of personal property where there is evidence of forceful entry.
- Coverage within Canada and USA.
- Coverage is up to a maximum of $1,000 provided the full cost of the Hotel/Motel room has been charged to your ScotiaGold Passport VISA card.
With one simple application, you can have financial protection from a range of life events: Disability, Job Loss, Strike or Lockout, Critical Illness or loss of Life. A monthly benefit equal to 5%† of your outstanding credit card account balance can be paid to your credit card account if you are unable to work, which can help pay down your balance faster. In the event of a diagnosis of a covered Critical Illness++, or if you pass away, your outstanding credit card account balance can be paid in full, up to a maximum of $20,000.
This comprehensive coverage is available at a monthly premium rate of only $0.95 per $100 of average daily balance on your credit card account (plus any applicable sales tax). The affordable cost includes benefits for a Co-Borrower at no additional charge. The premium is conveniently charged to your credit card account to help ensure your coverage stays in place.
Approval is fast – contact us for details if you are a resident of Canada, and are at least 18 and under 65 years of age.
View more information or simply call 1-855-753-4272 between 8am and 8pm (EST) Monday to Friday and a Customer Service Representative will be pleased to assist you.
- † 5% of your outstanding credit card account balance up to 24 months to a maximum of $1,000 per month and a total maximum of $20,000 if you are unable to work due to involuntary Job Loss, Strike or Lockout or become disabled.
- ++ Critical Illness, Disability, Job Loss and Strike/Lockout coverage terminates at age 65, Life coverage terminates at age 70.
Ready to Apply
- † The 5,000 Scotia Rewards® bonus points are awarded when you use your ScotiaGold Passport VISA card for a purchase within two months of open date and provided the account is open and in good standing. The points will appear as an adjustment on your VISA statement within two statement cycles of your first card purchase. Offer applies to new accounts opened by February 28, 2015, subject to credit approval. Read More
- 1 Points are not awarded for cash advances, Scotia® Credit Card cheques, credit vouchers, returns, payments, annual membership or card fees, interest charges or service transaction charges.
- 2 For all insurance coverages, certain limitations, restrictions and exclusions apply. Travel Emergency Medical Insurance and Trip Cancellation/Trip Interruption Insurance are only available to customers under the age of 65. You will receive Certificates of Insurance, which contain a full description of coverage, when you're approved for the card. The Bank of Nova Scotia is not the insurer. Please read them carefully. All claims for insurance indemnities must be forwarded to the insurers.
- 3 In order to be eligible for a Cash Back rebate, all reservations and travel arrangements must be made through the Scotia Rewards Travel Service (Travel Services provided by a duly licensed 3rd party travel agent) and charged to your ScotiaGold Passport VISA card. Taxes, service charges, insurance, hotels, motels, car rentals and personal expenditures are excluded unless already included in prepackaged tours. The Cash Back will be automatically credited to your ScotiaGold Passport VISA account within two billing cycles following your departure date. 5% Cash Back rebate is provided by a Third Party. For more information, please contact the Scotia Rewards Travel Service at 1 800 665-2582.
- 4 Not including cash advances, balance transfers and Scotia Credit Card cheques. Provided that you pay your balance in full by the payment due date.
- 5 Regular foreign currency conversion charges apply to travellers cheques.
- 6 Travel services provided by a duly licensed 3rd party travel agent.
- 7 Concierge Services provided by a 3rd party concierge service.
- 8 Subject to available credit. Scotia Credit Card cheques are treated as a cash advance and interest applies from the transaction date until the amount is repaid in full.
- 9 Certain restrictions, limitations and exclusions apply. Please visit www.visa.ca for a full description of the VISA Zero Liability Policy.
- 10 All Scotiabank retail credit cards, except ScotiaLine VISA card, Scotiabank Value VISA card, and No-Fee Scotiabank Value VISA card, will have Visa payWave when issued or reissued. Visa payWave™ is a Trademark of Visa Int./Lic.