ScotiaGold Passport® Visa* card for travel
Is this the right card for you?
Apply online Rewards Calculator Rewards Calculator
- Earn Scotia Rewards Points One point for every $1 you spend.1
- Travel anywhere, any time with no restrictions
- Earn 5,000 Scotia Rewards bonus points†
- Comprehensive Travel Insurance2
- 5% cash back3 On travel purchased through Scotia Rewards Travel Service6
- Flexible Point Redemption Purchase travel on your card from any travel provider, then call or go online to redeem your points for the travel purchase7.
- ConvenientWith Visa payWave™ simply wave your card and go!
- Eligible for My Mobile Wallet
- Eligible for Apple Pay
At a Glance
Earn Bonus Scotia Rewards Points
Comprehensive Travel Insurance
- † The 5,000 Scotia Rewards® bonus points are awarded when you use your ScotiaGold Passport VISA card for a purchase within two months from the account opening date and provided the account is open and in good standing. The points will appear as an adjustment on your VISA statement within two statement cycles of your first card purchase. Offer applies to new accounts opened by April 30, 2017 subject to credit approval. Read More
- 1 Points are not awarded for cash advances, Scotia® Credit Card cheques, credit vouchers, returns, payments, annual membership or card fees, interest charges or service transaction charges.
- 2 For all insurance coverages, certain limitations, restrictions and exclusions apply. Travel Emergency Medical Insurance and Trip Cancellation/Trip Interruption Insurance are only available to customers under the age of 65. You will receive Certificates of Insurance, which contain a full description of coverage, when you're approved for the card. The Bank of Nova Scotia is not the insurer. Please read them carefully. All claims for insurance indemnities must be forwarded to the insurers.
- 3 In order to be eligible for a Cash Back rebate, all reservations and travel arrangements must be made through the Scotia Rewards Travel Service (Travel Services provided by a duly licensed 3rd party travel agent) and charged to your ScotiaGold Passport Visa card. Taxes, service charges, insurance, hotels, motels, car rentals and personal expenditures are excluded unless already included in prepackaged tours. The Cash Back will be automatically credited to your ScotiaGold Passport Visa account within two billing cycles following your departure date. 5% Cash Back rebate is provided by a Third Party. For more information, please contact the Scotia Rewards Travel Service at 1 800 665-2582.
- 4 Not including cash advances, balance transfers and Scotia Credit Card cheques. Provided that you pay your balance in full by the payment due date.
- 5 Regular foreign currency conversion charges apply to travellers cheques.
- 6 Scotia Rewards Travel Service and Travel Booking Site provided by a duly licensed 3rd party travel agent HRG (Hogg Robinson Group).
- 7 You can purchase eligible travel or related travel expenses at a travel provider other than the Scotia Rewards Travel Service (e.g., other travel agencies, tour operators and online travel websites) (the “Other Travel Suppliers”). These types of purchases at Other Travel Suppliers are called “Post Purchase Travel Redemptions”.
Scotia Rewards points are redeemable for Post Purchase Travel Redemptions made through your Program Card. To redeem Scotia Rewards points for a Post Purchase Travel Redemption at Other Travel Suppliers, the purchase must first appear (post) on the Program Card Account. Scotia Rewards Cardmembers can then redeem points towards the amount of the Post Purchase Travel Redemption charged to the Program Account through scotiarewards.com or by calling 1-800-665-2582.
The Post Purchase Travel Redemption must be charged on your Program Card Account and recognized by our systems with the Merchant Category Codes or identifiers: airlines & air carriers – 4511; airports, flying fields, and airport terminals – 4582; lodgings, hotels, motels and resorts – 7011; trailer parks and campgrounds – 7033; passenger railways – 4112; bus lines – 4131; steamship and cruise lines – 4411; travel agencies and tour operators – 4722; automobile rental agency – 7512; motor home and recreational vehicle rentals – 7519. These Merchant codes/identifiers and categories are subject to change.
The Post Purchase Travel Redemption can include related taxes, booking fees, airport fees and travel insurance premiums.
You must redeem Scotia Rewards points within 12 months from the date when the Post Purchase Travel Redemption is posted to the Program Card Account (the posting date). It may take up to two statement periods for the points redeemed towards a Post Purchase Travel Redemption to appear as a credit on your Program Card Account. Points redeemed cannot be reversed once posted to the Account. To redeem Scotia Rewards Points towards your Post Purchase Travel Redemption, the Program Card Account must be open and in good standing.
The value of the points redeemed cannot exceed the amount of the Post Purchase Travel Redemption charged to your Program Card Account.
The minimum point redemption is 5,000 points (5,000 points is equivalent to $50 in travel savings) each time a redemption towards a Post Purchase Travel Redemption is made.
- 8 Subject to available credit. Scotia Credit Card cheques are treated as a cash advance and interest applies from the transaction date until the amount is repaid in full.
- 9 Certain restrictions, limitations and exclusions apply. Please visit www.visa.ca for a full description of the Visa Zero Liability Policy.
- 10 All Scotiabank retail credit cards, except ScotiaLine Visa card, Scotiabank Value Visa card, and No-Fee Scotiabank Value Visa card, will have Visa payWave when issued or reissued. Visa payWave™ is a Trademark of Visa Int./Lic.
- ±The Scotiabank StartRight Program created for Canadian Landed Immigrants from 0-3 years in Canada, International Students and Foreign Workers.