- Make deposits anytime without visiting a branch
- Save on courier and transportation costs
- Same day credit for deposits made before 8 pm on business days
- Get detailed, real-time deposit reports
Scotiabank’s standard Terms & Conditions apply.
Enhanced online business banking to approve and submit payments, check balances, EFTs, Wires, and more.
Deposit a cheque with your smartphone
To use Remote Deposit service, you must have ScotiaConnect(R) and a certified cheque scanner. A certified cheque scanner, which scans images magnetically, can be purchased from our preferred scanner vendor at orderyourscanner.scotiabank.com.
If you purchase your scanner through another vendor or you already own a scanner, please contact your Scotiabank Representative for a complete list of certified scanners to ensure software compatibility.
You can download your scanner drivers here.
Prefer to talk to us
In order to use the Remote Deposit service, a cheque scanner that is certified for our software application is required. The acquisition of the scanner is the responsibility of the customer. Scotiabank has a partnership with CashTech Currency Product Inc. (“CashTech”) to provide cheque scanners to our customers. Should you choose to order your scanner through CashTech, you can visit their online store at orderyourscanner.scotiabank.com.
Additionally, setup for Remote Deposit requires a client to subscribe to the following services:
- a Canadian-domiciled operating account in the same currency as the cheques being deposited; and
- ScotiaConnect digital banking service. (Note: ScotiaConnect is required to access the Remote Deposit application.)
Note: Customers must be approved to use the service. Holds may apply.