Right for you if:
- You like making quick & easy transactions
- You like convenient recordkeeping
Your Access to Banking
Earn points for free movies.
1% money back and more.
- Instant access to Scotiabank's full range of convenient money management services
- Access to cash at any of 55,000 machines displaying the Interac Debit logo in Canada and PLUS logo worldwide.
- Use Interac Debit across Canada, the United States and online to pay for everything instead of cash.
Easy and convenient recordkeeping with purchases listed on your banking statement or online.
Change your existing ScotiaCard to a ScotiaCard with Interac Flash
Debit Reward Programs
Take advantage of our loyalty programs. Some things are just better together.
SCENE is the only entertainment rewards program in Canada that lets you earn points on your debit purchases for free movies at Cineplex theatres and more.Apply now
With the Scotia Moneyback Account, your debit purchases give you 1% money back.More details
Choose your NHL team card, and pay like a true fan!
Plus with every purchase you're entered to win NHL® prizes.More details
It's Your Choice
You can pick one or use a combination of these service options to manage your day-to-day banking, stay in control of your borrowing, and monitor your investments, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, from wherever you happen to be.
- ABM Use your ScotiaCard® to get cash at any of the 55,000 machines displaying the Interac logo in Canada and at over 1 million ABMs in 130 countries worldwide displaying the VISA or PLUS symbol. More details
- Global ABM Alliance Avoid paying surcharges or international access fees on your account from over 35,000 cash machines in over 40 countries including Bank of America and Barclay's. Use your ScotiaCard® and the standard ABM Access Fee will be waived. More details
- Interac Debit
With your ScotiaCard® and PIN, you can pay for your goods and services directly from your selected bank account - and there's no additional fee for using Direct Payment machines from other financial institutions. More details
- Cross Border Debit When travelling in the United States, get immediate, secure, and real-time access to your money by using your ScotiaCard® to pay for purchases at point-of-sale terminals, just like you do in Canada. More details
- Scotia OnLine® Scotia OnLine® Financial Services gives you total control of your money so you can bank on your time. It's easy, convenient, and included in your account plan. All you need is an Internet Browser and ScotiaCard.
- Scotiabank® Mobile Banking Scotiabank Mobile Banking puts your important, real-time banking details right in your hand – wherever you are – letting you manage, move and monitor your money right from your phone. More details
- Interac e-Transfer Scotia OnLine® Financial Services customers can send money to, and receive money from anyone with a Canadian bank account, quickly and securely! To send money to someone, all you need to know is their email address. More details
- Interac Online is a payment service designed specifically for the Internet. Get immediate, secure, real time access to your money by using your ScotiaCard® to pay for purchases directly from your bank account More details
- Interac Flash Interac Flash is a contactless enhancement of Interac Debit that lets you pay for small, everyday purchases under $100, directly from your bank account. More details
- 1-800-4Scotia Getting information is faster than ever with Scotiabank's telephone service. 1-800-4SCOTIA has five simple options, with an option that lets you Speak Up and tell us what you're looking for. You can report a lost or stolen ScotiaCard®, request a new card or bank by telephone. More details
- Paperless Recordkeeping Access to 18 months of transaction history with Paperless Recordkeeping from Scotia OnLine Financial Services. Simply choose Paperless Recordkeeping and put a stop to your statements and passbooks for most of your day-to-day bank accounts. More details
- Scotia Mortgages Have a Scotiabank mortgage or personal loan but limited access to them? Get a ScotiaCard – Scotiabank's bank card – and you'll have immediate access to your accounts when you need it through our convenient Automated Banking Machines (ABMs)
Chip Card Technology
ScotiaCard chip card
Your ScotiaCard has an embedded computer chip that provides increased protection against lost, stolen or counterfeit card fraud. Chip cards are a proven technology that's already in use around the world. Your chip ScotiaCard now has an expiry date and will be re-issued on a regular basis, like a credit card.
Your Purchase Experience
Making Purchases with your chip card: When using your chip card to make a purchase:
- Insert your chip card into the chip terminal. Your chip card will remain in the terminal for the duration of the transaction.
- Follow the prompts and enter your secure PIN when requested.
- Remove your chip card when the terminal indicates the transaction is complete.
Protect Your PIN
While Scotiabank takes strong measures to ensure the security of your financial transactions and the confidentiality of your information, you play the most important role.
Protect Your PIN Brochure (984 kb)
By understanding how to properly select a PIN and passwords for your ScotiaCard®, and the importance of keeping it confidential, you can help keep your money safe.
How to Protect Your PIN & Passwords
- Remember to shield the keypad with your hand and body when entering your PIN at a banking machine or when making an Interac Debit.
- Select unique PIN and passwords for each of your banking cards.
- Select a PIN and passwords that you can remember. Do not select numerical sequences such as "1234", your birth date, telephone number, license plate, address or other easy to guess combinations.
- Memorize your PIN and passwords. Do not write them down or tell anyone what they are.
- Change your PIN number and passwords periodically.
- Be sure to keep your bank card in sight at all times during a transaction and never lend it to anyone.
- Regularly check your statements or online account transaction details to verify that all transactions have been properly documented. Contact the bank with any discrepancies.
- Report a lost or stolen card immediately.
- Contact us immediately if you suspect your ScotiaCard and/or PIN have been compromised.
You can get a new or replacement ScotiaCard or change your PIN at any Scotiabank branch in Canada. Your ScotiaCard or VISA PIN can also be changed at a Scotiabank ABM.
- *Registered trademarks of SCENE IP LP, used under license.