A convenient way to send and collect multiple electronic payments in minutes, anywhere in Canada1.
Interac e-Transfer† Bulk Services
A convenient way to send and collect multiple electronic payments in minutes, anywhere in Canada1.Contact us
- Faster payments: Transfer multiple payments quickly and securely, with no cut-off times for submission. Available 24 hours, 7 days a week.
- Maximizes Productivity: Consolidate multiple payments into one bulk payment or request file; without the need to obtain sensitive banking information.
- Cost Effective: Eliminates the need to issue, track, and reconcile costly cheques.
- Secure payments: Password-protected transfers with zero account information required.
- More control with automatic reminders and notifications.
- Interac e-Transfer† Bulk payables is perfect for payroll of temporary staff, emergency relief, charitable disbursements, rebates and incentive programs.
- Interac e-Transfer† Bulk receivables makes it easy to invoice your customers or clients and receive guaranteed funds.
Simplify your payment process.
Scotiabank’s Interac e-Transfer† Bulk services are designed to simplify sending and collecting multiple payments within Canada, without the need for bank account information.
- Interac e-Transfer† Bulk payables service allows businesses to send CAD payments to multiple recipients via email, text message, or account number.
- Interac e-Transfer† Bulk receivables simplifies the process for anyone to transfer payments to your business using email or text messages
- After uploading a bulk payment or request payment file to Scotiabank, recipients or responders will receive a notification to action; allowing them to deposit funds into or make payment from their CAD account at any participating financial institution in Canada.1
- Up to 10,000 payments in one single file, and up to $25,000 CAD dollar value per transaction for Payables.
- Up to 10,000 requests in one single file, and up to $10,000 CAD dollar value per request for Receivables.
- Your payments/requests automatically expire after 30 days but can be changed to anywhere between 1-90 days.
- Receivables are guaranteed once deposited – no reversals, returns or recalls.
- Funds can only be sent within Canada in Canadian dollars.
Here’s how it works. It’s simple.
Interac e-Transfer† Bulk Payables:
- You upload a file with the required information.
- Scotiabank debits your account and forwards the file to Interac†.
- Interac† sends an email or text notification to your recipients. If your recipient has Auto deposit or if you used the recipient’s account routing information funds will automatically be deposited, or they will need to answer a security question and deposit their funds. That’s it!
Interac e-Transfer† Bulk Receivables:
- You upload a request for payment file with the responder’s email addresses or phone numbers to Scotiabank
- Payors you’re requesting money from will receive an email or text notification in minutes requesting them to accept and make payment or decline.
- Once the request is actioned, your funds are received in seconds and are final.
Enhanced online business banking to approve and submit payments, check balances, EFTs, Wires, and more.
Deposit a cheque with your smartphone
Move money to or from any Canadian bank account
Prefer to talk to us
1 Payments can only be issued in CAD dollars to recipients with online CAD accounts, domiciled at a Canadian Financial Institution with Interac acceptance capability and accessible via that Canadian Financial Institution’s online banking platform. A complete list of all participating financial institutions is available at https://www.interac.ca/en/consumers/products/interac-e-transfer/
† The Interac logo and Interac e-Transfer transactions are registered trade-marks of Interac Corp. Used under licence.
Fees subject to change. You agree to pay the fees, charges and interest promptly when due, as set out in the Your Guide to Fees and Interest Schedules or any other agreed fee arrangement, service terms (including the Scotiabank Financial Services Agreement and Interac terms) and each statement relating to your accounts.