Canadian Small Business Financing Program – Credit Line1
A government program to help existing businesses or start-ups acquire the necessary financing for working capital costs.Contact us
- Registration fee can be included in the credit line
- A simple way to borrow that provides peace of mind knowing funds will be available
- Interest is only charged on funds used, not on the entire credit limit
- 5-year term that can be renewed or converted2
- You are an existing small business or start-up (Not for Profit, charitable, and religious organizations included)
- Your business is located in Canada
- Your gross or projected annual revenue is $10 million or less
- You are not in the farming business
Working capital costs to cover day-to-day operating expenses (including inventory, research and development, and rent) are eligible.
- Up to $150,000 for working capital.
- Credit line limit is in addition to the 1,000,000 CSBFP term loan maximum.
- 15 years of coverage with a term of 5 years and an option to renew.
- Option to convert to term loan will be available at the time of renewal2.
A registration fee equivalent to 2% of the loan amount is payable to the Government of Canada and is payable at the time the credit line is issued. This fee may be financed subject to program loan maximums.
Protect the business you’ve worked so hard to build.
Scotia Business Loan Protection can protect your business by covering your regular payments or paying your outstanding amount on your Line of Credit, Loan, or Credit Card if you or any key employee is unable to work due to a disability or suddenly passes away. Choose the coverage that is right for you and your business.
Prefer to talk to us
What is provided here is a summary of the features of the CSBFP Credit Line. For full details speak to a Scotiabank Small Business Advisor. Canadian Small Business Financing Program – Credit Line is subject to terms and conditions.
Subject to credit approval and security has been provided as required.