More Scotiabank Sites
More Scotiabank Sites menu opened.Skip to Scotia OnLine.
- Antigua & Barbuda
- British Virgin Is.
- Canada - English
- Canada - French
- Cayman Islands
- Costa Rica
- Dom. Republic
- El Salvador
- Hong Kong
- Republic of Korea
- Neth. Antilles
- Puerto Rico
- Global Banking & Markets
- Scotia Private Client Group
- Get Growing for Business
- Newcomers to Canada
End of More Scotiabank Sites menu.
Retirement Income Funds (RIF)
Define retirement on your own terms.
Prefer to talk with us?
Call us and let us help: 1(800)268-9269 Visit any Scotiabank Branch
A Registered Retirement Income Fund (RRIF) can be considered an extension of a Registered Retirement Savings Plan (RRSP) in that your investments can continue to grow on a tax-deferred basis. The main difference is, instead of making a contribution to your plan each year, you are required to withdraw a minimum amount commencing the year after the plan is opened.
When you transfer your RRSP to a RRIF, you may continue to investment in many of the same investments such as: cash/savings, guaranteed investment certificates (GICs), mutual funds, bonds, and even equities. Within the Scotiabank Group of Companies we offer a wide selection of RRIF plans to help you plan your retirement future.
A full range of retirement income products and services as well as tips on how to maximize and protect your assets.
Retirement will be more enjoyable if your income is structured to fit your lifestyle choices.
Quick facts - to meet your retirement goals:
- Identify and compare your income and expenses
- Review various retirement income strategies
- Identify and review the various retirement options available
- Develop an action plan
Planning for your estate is one of the most important duties you will perform for your family's welfare.
- Your passing triggers significant legal, tax, and investment issues that can be simplified with careful planning
- If you don't have a will your estate will be administered without consideration of your wishes or your family's needs
- Scotiatrust's focus is on looking at your individual financial and family's affairs