Switch to Scotiabank Program†
Right for you if:
- You want a hassle-free way to transfer your mortgage to Scotiabank
Switch to Scotiabank Program
3.09%6 5-Year Closed Term Fixed Rate Mortgage
and we will arrange and pay for your switch costs!†††
- Switching is easy Once you provide us with your mortgage details, the Switch to Scotiabank Program takes care of the rest! We'll even cover your transfer or discharge fee!
- Own a home, not a mortgage Scotiabank provides tools that can help you become mortgage-free faster and easier.
- Streamline your financial products Simplify your finances first by switching your mortgage to Scotiabank, and then by easily moving your daily banking accounts with the Simple Switch Program
- Take advantage of the Scotia Total Equity® Plan Unique to Scotiabank, the Scotia Total Equity® Plan can help you achieve your goals by making your home work for you. Mix and match products for a total of 80% of your home's value without having to requalify.
- Mortgages: Borrow up to 80% of the value of your home and manage your interest rate risk by splitting your mortgage into 2 or 3 different types of mortgages and terms.
- Other Products: Borrow up to a total of 65% of the value of your home and choose lines of credit or other secured Scotiabank borrowing products†† that best suit your needs.
We understand that everyone's mortgage needs are different. Let us help you find a mortgage that's just right for you.
Mortgage-Free Faster Calculator
Discover how small changes can have a big effect. This tool will show you how you can be mortgage-free faster.Try This Tool
What Can I Afford?
Find out how much, so you can arrange your mortgage and shop for a home with confidence.Try This Tool
Mortgage Payment Calculator
Determine your payment options, amortization and more, all with one calculator.Try This Tool
Customize Your Mortgage
Take control of your mortgage. Whether you're purchasing a new home, or you have an existing mortgage, learn how to Pay Off Your Mortgage Faster.Try This Tool
Learn how to save by using the equity in your home to borrow at lower interest rates.Try This Tool
Opening the door to homeownership.Try This Tool
Mortgage Comparison Calculator
Use this calculator to compare two different mortgages and determine which feature or product is the most suitable to meet your needs.Try This Tool
Ready to apply
- Phone1(888)990-9923Mon-Fri (9am-8pm) 1(888)990-9923Mon-Fri (9am-8pm)
- OnlineGet Pre-Approved Apply Today
- All mortgages are subject to applicable credit approval, Scotiabank residential mortgage standards and maximum permitted loan amounts.
- † Some conditions may apply. Offer only available on transfer of existing mortgages from another lender or financial institution to The Bank of Nova Scotia. Prepayment charges with your existing lender may be applicable if the mortgage has not reached the maturity date. This program can be changed or withdrawn at any time without notice and may not be combined with any other discounts, offers or promotions.
- ††† The minimum mortgage amount for this offer is $100,000 and the new mortgage must be set up as a 5-year closed term fixed rate mortgage at a rate of 3.09%. As of March 20, 2014, the 5-year closed term fixed rate was 4.79% (APR 4.74%). If there are no 'cost of borrowing' charges (for example, appraisal fees), the APR for the rate of 3.09% equals 3.07% (compounded semi-annually, not in advance). Where a typical appraisal fee of $300 is assumed (actual appraisal fees may vary), the APR equals 3.13% (compounded semi-annually, not in advance), for a term of 5 years - assuming a mortgage of $100,000 with a 25-year amortization. Scotiabank will pay a maximum of $800 to the appropriate service provider to cover mortgage closing costs for services ordered directly by Scotiabank. This amount will be treated as cash back and will be repayable to Scotiabank if the mortgage is assumed, paid out, transferred, or renewed prior to the expiry of the mortgage term. The cash back amount may appear as an additional charge payable in any discharge or renewal statement, and it will be calculated on an even prorated basis using a standard formula. The mortgage application must be received by July 31, 2014 and must be funded within 120 days of the application date. This offer may be changed or withdrawn at any time without notice.