Western Union Money Transfers
Send money quickly to family and friends all over the world
- Is it right for me? - expand for more details
Is it right for me?
It’s perfect when you need a quick and easy way to send money to family or friends abroad.
- Tell me about it - expand for more details
Tell me about it
Whether you want to send money to your best friend in Europe, parents in India or your twin sister in China, you can send money to the people you love – wherever they live.
For just $9* + 1% of the amount you’re sending through Scotia OnLine or Scotiabank Mobile Banking, you can send funds to over 220 countries and territories. Funds arrive at one of Western Union’s 486,000 agent locations, so your family can pick up the transfer at the location that’s most convenient for them.
- Where do I start? - expand for more details
- How do I use it? - expand for more details
- FAQs - expand for more details
You can send up to $999.99 per day through Scotia Online or Scotiabank Mobile Banking. Need to send more money, you can send up to $7,499.00 per day at any Scotiabank branch. You must have a Scotiabank bank account to send Western Union money transfers through any of our Scotiabank channels.
Western Union Agent locations are independent businesses that provide money transfer service to their customers on behalf of Western Union. In Canada, Western Union Agents are primarily grocery stores, cheque-cashers, mail box centres, drug stores, travel agencies and other retail locations.
Outside Canada, agents include well-known financial institutions, post offices, airports, stations, currency exchange offices, travel agencies and other locations.
You might also be interested in:
When you’re looking for a quick and secure way to send money to a Canadian bank account, Interac e-Transfer is your answer.More details about Interac e-Transfer
- * WESTERN UNION ALSO MAKES MONEY FROM CURRENCY EXCHANGE. WHEN CHOOSING A MONEY TRANSMITTER, CAREFULLY COMPARE BOTH TRANSFER FEES AND EXCHANGE RATES. Standard message and data charges apply for transactions initiated through Scotiabank Mobile Banking. Money transfer fee of $9 plus 1% of principal is applicable to money transfers less than $1,000 on consumer to consumer Western Union Money Transfer® transactions initiated through Scotia OnLine® Financial Services or Scotiabank® Mobile Banking which is provided by The Bank of Nova Scotia (“Scotiabank”). Fees are subject to change without prior notice. Scotiabank is an authorized agent facilitating Western Union Money Transfer services. A Scotiabank Day to Day bank account is required for a Western Union Money Transfer® transaction.
- The Scotiabank name and logo are registered and owned by The Bank of Nova Scotia. © 2014 Western Union Holdings, Inc. All Rights Reserved. The WESTERN UNION name, logo, trade name, trade dress and related trademarks, owned by Western Union Holdings, Inc., are registered and/or used in the U.S. and many foreign countries.