Right for you if:
- You want competitive rates
- You are willing to have your funds locked-in
- Get a higher return A non-redeemable GIC generally yields a higher return.
- Choose better rates and increased flexibility
Pick terms from 30 days to 10 years for non-registered GICs, and 90 days to 5 years for RRSPs/RRIFs.
- Guaranteed interest rate and security of principal
Available as part of an RRSP, RRIF, TFSA, RESP, RDSP or Non-Registered portfolio.
Minimum investment of $1,000 ($5,000 for monthly interest payments)
Interest payment options ranging from monthly to annually.
Issued by The Bank of Nova Scotia, Montreal Trust Company of Canada, National Trust Company and Scotia Mortgage Corporation.
Eligible for CDIC insurance†.
Can be renewed automatically on maturity.
View current rates
Pre-book up to 14 days in advance on renewals and new purchase for non-registered plans. Pre-book on Special Non-Redeemable GIC rates is available for up to 3 days only.
|Option||Term||Interest Payment Frequency||Minimum Investment|
|30-364 days||At Maturity||$1,000|
|1-10 years||Compounded annually or semi-annually2. Interest paid at maturity, if annual or semi-annual compounding.||$1,000|
|U.S. Dollar1||1-29 days||At Maturity||U.S. $100,000|
|30-364 days||At Maturity||U.S. $1,000|
|1-10 years||Annually||U.S. $1,000|
in buying GICs?
- † Only deposits held in Canadian currency, having a term of five years or less and payable in Canada are insurable under the Canada Deposit Insurance Corporation Act. Read More
- 2 Equal payments available.