Gong Xi Fa Cai.
Happy Chinese New Year – Year of the Monkey. Get a 1.68%* 668-day GIC. For a limited time.Find a Branch
Take advantage of our special GIC rate.
Get a 2.15%* 4-Year GIC. For a limited timeFind a Branch
Right for you if:
- You want competitive rates
- You are willing to have your funds locked-in
- Get a higher return A non-redeemable GIC generally yields a higher return.
- Choose better rates and increased flexibility
Pick terms from 30 days to 10 years for non-registered GICs, and 90 days to 5 years for RRSPs/RRIFs.
- Guaranteed interest rate and security of principal
Available as part of an RRSP, RRIF, TFSA, RESP, RDSP or Non-Registered portfolio.
Minimum investment of $1,000 ($5,000 for monthly interest payments)
Interest payment options ranging from monthly to annually.
Issued by The Bank of Nova Scotia, Montreal Trust Company of Canada, National Trust Company and Scotia Mortgage Corporation.
Eligible for CDIC insurance†. Please see CDIC Deposit Insurance Information for further details.
Can be renewed automatically on maturity.
View current rates
Pre-book up to 14 days in advance on renewals and new purchase for non-registered plans. Pre-book on Special Non-Redeemable GIC rates is available for up to 3 days only.
|Option||Term||Interest Payment Frequency||Minimum Investment|
|30-364 days||At Maturity||$1,000|
|1-10 years||Compounded annually or semi-annually2. Interest paid at maturity, if annual or semi-annual compounding.||$1,000|
|U.S. Dollar1||1-29 days||At Maturity||U.S. $100,000|
|30-364 days||At Maturity||U.S. $1,000|
|1-10 years||Annually||U.S. $1,000|
in buying GICs?
- † Only deposits held in Canadian currency, having a term of five years or less and payable in Canada are insurable under the Canada Deposit Insurance Corporation Act. Read More
- 2 Equal payments available.
- * GIC special rates apply only to non-redeemable GICs with the associated terms shown above and are not applicable to other GICs. These Special Rate GICs are available within registered, non-registered and TFSA portfolios. Interest is accrued daily on your GIC from the issue date up to, but not including, the maturity date. Also, interest will be paid / compounded for the leap day in a leap year. For Scotiabank GICs that pay interest during their term (monthly, semi-annually or annually) the last interest payment is paid at maturity. The value of a compounded GIC is paid to you on the maturity date. If the maturity date does not fall on a business day then the term of the GIC will be extended to the next business day and interest will be paid to that day. These Special Rate GIC offers are not to be used in conjunction with any other rate bonus or discretionary offers. The Bank of Nova Scotia, Scotia Mortgage Corporation, Montreal Trust Company, and National Trust Company each issue these Special Rate GICs. We reserve the right to change, extend or cancel these offers at any time without prior notice. A $1,000 minimum investment is required. A maximum investment of $5,000,000 per customer.