Just wave, pay, and go
- Is it right for me? - expand for more details
Is it right for me?
It’s perfect for those quick trips when you’re just picking up a few things.
- Tell me about it - expand for more details
Tell me about it
From coffee and snacks, to make up and magazines, Visa payWave™ is perfect for small everyday purchases. If your total is under $50, just wave your credit card over the card reader and go. No need to swipe, sign or enter a PIN.
Just look for this symbol and the Visa logo when you’re at the checkout.
Safe and secure
With Visa payWave, you can feel safe knowing that your card:
- Is protected by chip technology – one of the most secure payment technologies available
- Can only be read by a secure card reader
- Never even leaves your hand
Plus, you're protected from unauthorized use with VISA Zero Liability Policy
Use payWave at your favourite places
Just a few places that accept Visa payWave – and the list just keeps growing.
See full list of merchants near you.
- Where do I start? - expand for more details
Where do I start?Branch
Find a Scotiabank branch Find a branch or ABMTelephone
Telephone Customer Service 1-800-472-6842
- How do I use it? - expand for more details
- FAQs - expand for more details
In addition to a chip and magnetic stripe, VISA payWave has a tiny radio antenna. It’s this technology that lets you pay by "waving" your card over a secure card reader.
If your total is over $50, you need to insert your card and sign for your purchase. Just like you normally would.
Sometimes, when you use your Visa payWave at places at gas stations, you may not need to provide your signature or enter a PIN even if the total is over $50.
Several cards have Visa payWave:
- Scotia Momentum® VISA Infinite®
- Scotia Momentum® VISA
- Scotia Momentum®No-Fee VISA
- SCENE® VISA
- ScotiaHockey® NHL® VISA
- L'earn™ VISA
- ScotiaGold Passport® VISA
If you have one of these cards but don't have Visa payWave, just call us at 1(800) 4SCOTIA. We’ll send you a new card with VISA payWave. Otherwise you’ll get a new card with Visa payWave when your current card expires.
4. What happens if I wave my Visa payWave card at the reader more than once? - expand for more details
Don’t worry. An accidental wave doesn’t mean you’ll be charged. The store clerk would need to complete the transaction twice for the charge to go through twice.
Your Scotiabank VISA card with Visa payWave must be very close to a card reader to complete the transaction. Your card won’t be charged just because you walked by a checkout. Finally, you can also always request a receipt just to ensure that you weren’t charged more than once.
Your Visa payWave purchases will appear on your Visa statement and look just like any other purchase you make with your card.
If your card is lost or stolen, or if you think that someone is using your card without your permission, call us immediately:
- In Canada/USA call 1(800) 387-6556
- Outside Canada/USA, call collect: 1(800) 472-6842
We’ll deactivate your card and send you a new one.
You might also be interested in:
No swiping. No inserting. No PIN. Just flash your ScotiaCard and you’re ready to roll.More details about epost
When you’re looking for a quick and secure way to send money to a Canadian bank account, Interac e-Transfer is your answer.More details about Interac e-Transfer
- * Merchants set their own limits for the maximum value of a Visa payWave transaction that does not require a signature or PIN.
- ^ Certain restrictions, limitations and exclusions apply. Please visit visa.ca for a full description of the Visa Zero Liability Policy.