1 & 2 Year Closed Term Mortgages
Right for you if:
- You want short term protection against rate increases
- You don't want to commit to a long mortgage term
- Fixed interest rateAvoid rate increases without committing to a long-term mortgage.
- Prepayment OptionsYou can prepay to pay off your mortgage faster. Our most popular solution allows you to prepay up to 15% of the original principal amount of your mortgage and increase your payment by up to 15% of the payment set for the current term of your mortgage each year*. Speak to one of our Scotiabank advisors about all the options we have available.
- You could also have the following additional options**:
- Match-a-Payment You can pay an extra regular mortgage payment on any of your regular payment dates during your term.
- Miss-a-Payment You can miss a mortgage payment as long as you have matched one previously in your term.
- Conventional and insured financing available.
- Choose from weekly, biweekly, semi-monthly, and monthly payment options.
- Scotia Mortgage Protection can help make sure the home you worked so hard for is protected.
We understand that everyone's mortgage needs are different. Let us help you find a mortgage that's just right for you5.
Mortgage-Free Faster Calculator
Discover how small changes can have a big effect. This tool will show you how you can be mortgage-free faster.Try This Tool
What Can I Afford?
Find out how much, so you can arrange your mortgage and shop for a home with confidence.Try This Tool
Mortgage Payment Calculator
Determine your payment options, amortization and more, all with one calculator.Try This Tool
Learn how to save by using the equity in your home to borrow at lower interest rates.Try This Tool
Opening the door to homeownership.Try This Tool
Mortgage Comparison Calculator
Use this calculator to compare two different mortgages and determine which feature or product is the most suitable to meet your needs.Try This Tool
Ready to apply
1(877) 303-8879Mon-Fri (9am-8pm) 1(877) 303-8879Mon-Fri (9am-8pm)
- OnlineGet Pre-Approved Apply Today
All mortgages are subject to credit approval, Scotiabank's residential mortgage standards and permitted loan amounts.
* The original principal amount of your mortgage is the principal amount when your mortgage was first entered into with Scotiabank or, if your mortgage was assigned to us from another lender, the principal amount outstanding at the time of assignment. For a Scotia Flex Value® mortgage, the increase in your payment will be calculated based on the amount of your principal and interest payment at the time of the payment increase. Other conditions may apply.
**The Match-a-Payment and Miss-a-Payment are not available during an interest-only portion of any progress draw construction mortgage and may not be available depending on the mortgage solution you select. Other conditions may apply.