Download the Samsung Pay app from the Galaxy store.
Add your Scotia debit, Visa, American Express and Prepaid cards.
Tap your phone in-store to pay for purchases under $100.
Get the Samsung Pay app at the Galaxy Apps Store
Samsung Pay works on the Galaxy Note8, Galaxy S8 and S8+, Galaxy S7 and S7 edge, Galaxy S6, S6 edge, and S6 edge+, Galaxy Note5 and Galaxy A5.
What is Samsung Pay, and how do I use it?
Samsung Pay is a digital wallet that allows you to make contactless purchases under $100 using an eligible Samsung device and your Scotiabank®* debit, Visa*, American Express and Prepaid Reloadable cards.
What do I need to use Samsung Pay?
In order to use Samsung Pay, you will need:
• One of the following Samsung devices: Samsung Galaxy A5, Galaxy S8 and S8+, Galaxy S7, S7 edge, S6, S6 edge, S6 edge+ or Note5. Please ensure your device is running the latest available software.
• An eligible Scotiabank®* debit, Visa*, American Express or Prepaid Reloadable card.
How do I set up Samsung Pay?
1. From the Home screen, select Apps, then “Samsung Pay”.
Your Samsung account will be automatically linked to Samsung Pay. If you have yet to sign in to your Samsung account, select “sign in” and enter your email address and password information. If you do not have an account, you can create a Samsung account on your device.
2. Follow the prompts to assign finger print authentication, iris, or a four-digit Samsung Pay PIN code.
How do I add a Scotiabank payment card to Samsung Pay?
1. Open the Samsung Pay app.
2. Select “Add a credit card or debit card”.
3. Align your card inside the frame to automatically detect the card number and expiration date, or select “Enter card manually” if your device cannot detect the card information.
4. Verify the information captured by the camera and follow the prompts.
5. Select a method to authenticate your identity.
6. After your card is added to Samsung Pay, it will be verified by Scotiabank
7. After the card is verified, it can be used immediately to make a purchase.
How much does it cost to use Samsung Pay?
There is no cost to register or use a Scotiabank payment card with Samsung Pay.
• Standard account level and card account fees apply.
• Existing wireless carrier data and messaging charges apply.
Where can I use Samsung Pay?
Samsung Pay can be used in store:
• anywhere you can tap or swipe your payment card to pay; and
• anywhere Scotiabank®* debit, Visa*, American Express or Prepaid Reloadable cards are accepted.
How do I make a Scotiabank payment card my default card in Samsung Pay?
The first card that is added to Samsung Pay automatically becomes the default payment card.
What do I do If the card I added to Samsung Pay is lost or stolen?
If you believe your Scotiabank payment card information used for Samsung Payhas been stolen or compromised in any way, call Scotiabank immediately at 1-844-230-0721.
Samsung Pay will show your card to be suspended if you have suspended/frozen your card with the card issuer. For added security, the Samsung Find My Mobile" service can remotely lock or delete your payment cards on Samsung Pay.
What do I do if my device is Lost or Stolen?
If your device is ever lost or stolen, Samsung offers a free service to remotely lock or wipe Samsung Pay. The service Find My Mobile" has the ability to locate your device and erase all your stored personal information, to lock Samsung Pay (remotely disable) or to wipe out Samsung Pay (remove all the payment cards registered on your device).
What fraud protection features does Samsung Pay provide?
Your Scotiabank payment card purchases made through Samsung Pay are protected against unauthorized transactions with Visa's Zero Liability Policy,and Interac Zero Liability Policy.
• See Scotiabank’s terms and conditions on www.scotiabank.com/samsungpay.
Where can I obtain more information about Samsung Pay for my Scotiabank payment card?
Please visit www.scotiabank.com/samsungpay/terms for more information or contact Scotiabank’s Customer Contact Centre at 1-844-230-0721.