Peace of mind when you are away from home
No one expects to have the unexpected happen while away from home or to cancel a trip due to an emergency. But these events happen, and they can be disruptive and expensive.
Protect yourself with ScotiaLife Travel Insurance before you leave home. ScotiaLife Travel Insurance allows you to select the coverage that best suits you and your travel plans.
We have several plans available to best suit your needs:
These plans provide you with emergency medical coverage in the event of an unexpected injury or illness.
- ScotiaLife Single Trip Emergency Medical Plan
When you are taking only one trip, this plan is ideal. There is also no age limit for this plan.
- ScotiaLife Single Trip Canadian Travel Emergency Medical Plan
Government health insurance plans have reimbursement limits on emergency medical expenses incurred while you are in another province. To ensure you have the protection you need, you should purchase additional medical coverage even while travelling within Canada.
This plan is offered at 50% off the regular Single Trip Emergency Medical Plan rate.
- ScotiaLife Quick Trip Emergency Medical Plan
This plan is for individuals 55 to 74 years of age who are travelling for 17 days or less.
- ScotiaLife Multi Trip Emergency Medical Plan
If you are travelling more than once in a 12 month period, a Multi Trip plan provides coverage for an unlimited number of trips over a one year period. Options for trip durations include 4, 10, 18 and 30 days.
You typically only have to travel twice in one year and the cost of your Multi Trip plan would pay for itself.
- ScotiaLife Single Trip Cancellation & Interruption Plan
If you must cancel your trip due to an unexpected covered event, this plan provides you with coverage up to $1,500 for your non refundable pre-paid travel expenses.
If your trip is interrupted due to a covered event, this plan provides coverage up to $3,500 for costs incurred. Trip Cancellation is also available up to $3,500.
To be eligible to purchase a ScotiaLife Trip Cancellation & Interruption Plan: you must be living in Canada or travelling through Canada, and purchase this insurance within seven (7) days of booking your trip or before any cancellation penalties are chargeable for your trip.
- ScotiaLife All Inclusive Plan (Single & Multi Trip)
This plan provides you with Emergency Medical, Trip Cancellation & Interruption, Baggage Loss, Damage & Delay, and Flight & Travel Accident coverage for your trip.
- Provides Emergency Medical Insurance for Canadian students studying outside their province of residence or outside Canada.
Plans Available at a Glance
Single Trip Plans
Multi Trip Plans
|Benefits and Features||Emergency Medical||Canadian Travel Emergency Medical 3||All Inclusive||Quick Trip||Trip Cancellation/ Interruption||Emergency Medical||All Inclusive|
|Eligible Age1||No limit||No limit||No limit||55 - 74||No limit||No limit||No limit|
|Trip Cancellation & Interruption||•||•||•|
|Baggage Loss, Delay & Damage||•||•|
|Flight & Travel Accident||•||•|
|Features & Options Available|
|Family Coverage (under age 55)2||•||•||•|
|Bounce Back Benefit||•||•||•||•||•|
|Travel Companion Savings2||•||•||•||•||•||•||•|
2 Family Coverage and Travel Companion savings cannot be combined.
3 The Canadian Travel Plan is offered at 50% off the regular Single Trip Emergency Medical Plan premiums.
ScotiaLife Travel Insurance includes a number of benefits to help you in dealing with unexpected challenges during your travel outside your province of residence or Canada. Benefits available include:
- Emergency Medical coverage provides up to $5,000,000 for expenses as a result of emergency medical attention required during your trip.
- Trip Cancellation & Interruption coverage provides reimbursement for the amount purchased, to a maximum of $3,500, per insured single trip. Multi Trips have an overall maximum of $7,000 per policy.
- Baggage Loss and Damage coverage provides up to $1,000 per trip (up to a maximum of $3,000 per policy year for a Multi Trip Plan) for loss or damage to your baggage. Baggage Delay coverage provides up to $500 per trip (up to a maximum of $1,500 per policy year for a Multi Trip Plan).
- Flight Accident coverage provides for $100,000 in case of death or double dismemberment, or $50,000 for single dismemberment.
- Travel Accident coverage provides for $50,000 in case of death or double dismemberment, or $25,000 for single dismemberment.
Ways to Save...
ScotiaLife Travel Insurance has discount options available to you. Take advantage of offers including:
- 50% Canadian Travel Savings: Enjoy savings when all your travel is within Canada.
- 5% Travel Companion Savings for any Emergency Medical Plan: Ask us if this is available on your selected plan.
- Family Coverage for any Emergency Medical Plan: Available for a spouse and dependent children when all family members are under age 55. The rate is calculated at 2 times the premium due for the oldest traveller under age 55.
- Savings Combinations: All savings can be combined; except the Family Coverage and Travel Companion savings which cannot be combined.
- Deductible Savings Options: Ask us if your selected plan is eligible for deductible savings.