L. Scott Thomson
Key Areas of Experience:
- Accounting and finance
- Capital markets
- Digital, technology and information security
- Financial services
- Human resources and executive compensation
Scott Thomson is the President and Chief Executive Officer of Finning International Inc., the world’s largest Caterpillar equipment dealer. Prior to joining Finning in 2013, Mr. Thomson was Chief Financial Officer of Talisman Energy Inc. with responsibility for finance, tax, treasury, investor relations, marketing, business development and strategy, planning and performance management from 2008 to 2013. Prior to Talisman, Mr. Thomson held several executive positions with Bell Canada Enterprises from 2003 to 2008 including the role of Executive Vice President, Corporate Development. Prior to Bell, Mr. Thomson was a Vice President at Goldman, Sachs & Co. Mr. Thomson holds a B.A. (in economics and political science) from Queen’s University and a M.B.A. from the University of Chicago.
Public Company Directorships:
- Finning International Inc.
Scotiabank Board Details:
- Director since April 12, 2016
- Member of Audit Committee (designated financial expert) and Corporate Governance Committee