Helping you achieve your present and future financial goals
Scotia Professional® Student Plan (SPSP)
This customized professional banking program includes:
- Waived monthly fees on a ScotiaOneTM Account1
- Scotia Professional Student Plan Line of Credit2
- Overdraft protection2
- Annual fees waived for ScotiaGold Passport® VISA* card3
- Annual fee waived for Scotiabank Gold American Express Card4
Details on Eligibility
The Scotia Professional Student Plan has been designed for students, who are Canadian citizens or landed immigrants, enrolled in an academic program at a Canadian university leading to a professional degree in medicine, dentistry, veterinary medicine, optometry, pharmacy, law, joint law/MBA, audiology, chiropractic, chiropody, naturopathic medicine, occupational therapy, physical therapy, podiatry or psychology.
Apply now using our online application.
- ® Registered Trademarks of The Bank of Nova Scotia. Read More
- ™Trademark of The Bank of Nova Scotia.
- * Visa Int./Lic. User The Bank of Nova Scotia.
- 1 Monthly account fee is waived for the duration of the program. All other fees not covered by your banking package will continue to apply, including additional fees charged by other financial institutions and access fees to use non-Scotiabank banking machines (e.g. Interac, VISA* or PLUS* fees). Cardholder service fees continue to apply for using cross border debit service. Please see the Day-to-Day Banking Companion booklet for further details about these services and fees.
- 2 Subject to credit approval.
- 3 The regular annual fee is $99.00 for the Scotiabank Gold American Express Card per year for the first card issued on the account; additional cards have a regular annual fee of $29.00 per year per card. Annual fees are waived for the duration of your Scotia Professional Plan. Scotiabank Gold American Express Card regular interest rates are 19.99% on card purchases and 21.99% on cash advances, balance transfers and Scotia ® Credit Card Cheques. Offer applies to new accounts and subject to credit approval. Rates and fees are as of September 1, 2012 and are subject to change without notice.
® American Express is a registered trademark of American Express. This credit card program is issued and administered by The Bank of Nova Scotia under license from American Express.