More Scotiabank Sites
More Scotiabank Sites menu opened.Skip to Scotia OnLine.
- Antigua & Barbuda
- British Virgin Is.
- Canada - English
- Canada - French
- Cayman Islands
- Costa Rica
- Dom. Republic
- El Salvador
- Hong Kong
- Republic of Korea
- Neth. Antilles
- Puerto Rico
- Global Banking & Markets
- Scotia Private Client Group
- Get Growing for Business
- Newcomers to Canada
End of More Scotiabank Sites menu.
Automated Banking Machines (ABM)
Right for you if:
- You want convenient access to your money
- You don't want to pay surcharges or access fees when travelling abroad
- Scotiabank Automated Banking Machine Get cash, pay your bills, or review your accounts at nearly 3500* banking machines across Canada, including at Shell, 7-Eleven, Quickie convenience stores and Cineplex theatres.
- Global ATM Alliance Scotiabank's membership in the Global ATM Alliance means you pay no surcharges or access fees when you withdraw cash at certain member bank's banking machines.
At a Scotiabank ABM*, the choice is yours. In addition to English and French, we offer Simplified and Traditional Chinese, and Spanish*.
Access Your Money, Anytime and Anywhere
Use your ScotiaCard to get cash at any of 59,000 machines displaying the gold Interac logo in Canada.
Withdraw cash, get account balances or a VISA* cash advance through the network of over 59,000 Canadian ABMs with the Interac symbol and over 1 million ABMs in over 130 countries worldwide displaying the VISA or PLUS* symbol.
ABMs with the Cirrus logo can be used by customers of other financial institutions to access their accounts while travelling in Canada.
Use your China UnionPay card to withdraw cash from Scotiabank's ABMs in Canada.
Use your PULSE, Discover, or Diners Club International card to withdraw cash from Scotiabank's ABMs in Canada.
Security at the ABM
You can feel at ease knowing Scotiabank ABMs use strong security measures to protect your personal information and financial transactions. Tips to help you protect your PIN at the ABM.
Before traveling make sure your ScotiaCard is setup for international access by calling 1-800-4SCOTIA.
Scotiabank ABM Service Fees
Mini Statement Reprint $0.75 Bill Payment History Printout $0.75
Accessing your Day-to-Day bank account from a non-Scotiabank ABM
Withdrawals (within Canada) $1.50 International Withdrawals3(within the U.S.) $3.00 International Withdrawals3 (outside the U.S.) $5.00
Accessing your Scotiabank VISA* account from a Scotiabank ABM
Cash Advance ABM Fee $2.50
Accessing your Scotiabank VISA* account from a non-Scotiabank ABM
Cash Advances (within Canada) $2.50 Cash Advances (International) $5.00
In addition to the above fees, each non-Scotiabank ABM may levy a convenience fee that will vary in amount. This is not a Scotiabank fee.
Global ATM Alliance
Pay no surcharges or access fees when you withdraw cash at certain member bank's banking machines.
Scotiabank is proud to be a founding member of the Global ATM Alliance, along with Bank of America, BNP Paribas, Barclays, Deutsche Bank 24 and Westpac.
When traveling abroad, you can withdraw cash or take a cash advance from your pre-selected deposit accounts1 or VISA* card at over one million ATMs displaying the VISA or PLUS symbols worldwide.
Look for ATMs that belong to the member banks (1mb) of the Global ATM Alliance and avoid paying surcharges or international access fees on your account from nearly 50,000 cash machines in over 40 countries, including Australia, France, Germany, United Kingdom or USA.2
Bank of America
View Steps for These Routine Transactions
- 1 The pre-selected account chosen for ABM access at the time of account setup will be used for transactions. If you did not choose a chequing account then your pre-selected savings account will be used for ABM access. Read More
- 2 Scotiabank will waive the International ATM Access Fee and Global ATM Alliance members will waive any terminal convenience or usage fees for any withdrawal transactions performed at Global ATM Alliance machines with your ScotiaCard or Scotiabank VISA. "Free Access" does not apply to Scotiabank ATMs in Costa Rica, El Salvador, Panama or Belize. All regular account fees continue to apply.
- 3For foreign currency withdrawals performed at ABMs international, VISA International on our behalf determines the foreign currency exchange rate on the date of conversion. Included in the exchange rate is a conversion fee of 2.5% of the converted amount.
- * Extra features such as bill payments, account balances, account transfers, balance transfers, additional languages, etc, are only available at Scotiabank Branch ABMs.