Committed to physicians
Financial solutions for physicians
Medical Students and Residents:
Tuition, books and monthly expenses can add up quickly. We’re here to help with your education financing.
Plus, for a limited time, medical students can earn up to $650*.
Scotiabank Healthcare+ Physician Banking Program
We know that choice is important to you, whether you are a practising physician, already retired, a medical student or a resident just starting your career. Having the right options available means you can find the financial solutions that works best for you. The Scotiabank Healthcare+ Physician Banking Program was co-designed with MD Financial Management (MD), to support you at every stage of your career. We’ve combined MD’s 50 years of experience and deep understanding of physicians’ financial needs with Scotiabank’s expertise in banking to provide you with a robust suite of banking solutions tailored to meet your personal and professional financial needs. Together, we provide comprehensive financial planning, advice and solutions specific to physician’s needs. Our goal is to deliver a best-in-class banking program to Canada’s physicians, ultimately helping you achieve your goals.
MD is the only national financial firm dedicated exclusively to the financial well-being of Canada's physicians and their families. MD's Advisors and teams of experts provide comprehensive financial planning, advice and solutions specific to physicians' needs at every stage of their career, from medical school to practice and through retirement.
Personal & business banking solutions for early career physicians
Banking advice and solutions for you and your medical practice
Let’s go further. Together.
Nearly half of physicians in Canada already trust us to help them achieve financial well-being.1 See how much further you can go with MD Financial Management (MD) and Scotiabank Healthcare+.
Let us contact you
Want to learn more about how our Physician Banking Program can best serve your needs? Please share your contact information and how we can best reach you and one of our Scotiabank Advisors or Healthcare Specialists will contact you.
MD Financial Management Inc. and Scotiabank team up with the Canadian Association of Gastroenterology to support specialists in all stages of their career
April 18, 2022
MD Financial Management Inc. (MD) and Scotiabank today announced a new, three-year agreement with the Canadian Association of Gastroenterology (CAG) that will support professional development programs and research opportunities that enable gastroenterologists to be more successful in their practice.
Scotiabank, MD Financial Management Inc. and the Canadian Medical Association announce $200,000 matching contribution for Ukraine emergency response
March 24, 2022
Scotiabank, MD Financial Management Inc. (MD) and the Canadian Medical Association (CMA) are pleased to announce today a $200,000 donation in support of UNICEF Canada’s Hope, Help and Healing appeal.
MD Financial Management and Scotiabank announce creation of multi-employer pension plan to boost physician retirement security
March 9, 2022
Innovative multi-employer pension plan for incorporated physicians will address longstanding demand.
Terms and conditions
The Scotia Professional Student Plan (SPSP) Line of Credit $300 Incentive Program is offered by The Bank of Nova Scotia (Scotiabank) to eligible participants between November 1, 2022, and January 31, 2023, and is a separate offer from the Scotiabank $350 Ultimate Package Offer, which is offered by Scotiabank to all eligible customers who open a new Ultimate Package by April 30, 2023 and meet all offer conditions. These offers can be combined by an eligible participant, up to a maximum bonus of $650. Either offer may be changed, cancelled, or extended at any time without notice.
SPSP Line of Credit $300 Incentive Program Conditions:
The SPSP Line of Credit Incentive Program provides eligible participants (“Participants”) with a $300 monetary incentive (the “SPSP Incentive Payment”) when they open a SPSP Line of Credit.
To be eligible to receive the SPSP Incentive Payment a student must:
- apply for a new SPSP Line of Credit between November 1, 2022, and January 31, 2023 (the “Offer Period”);
- and, if approved, open the new SPSP Line of Credit by February 15, 2023;
- not have previously received a SPSP Incentive Payment by opening of a SPSP Line of Credit under a previous offer; and
- have an active Scotiabank chequing account (see below for an additional $350 offer for new Scotiabank Ultimate Package customers); and be registered in a Canadian medical school Or program (excluding residency or fellowship programs); OR has been accepted or is completing a medical residency in Canada; OR a medical fellow who is completing a Canadian fellowship granted by the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada; OR a physician with a medical doctorate (MD) who completed their residency or fellowship in 2021 or 2022 and is licensed to practice medicine in a Canadian province or territory.
- be enrolled in a Canadian university dental degree program; OR has been accepted or is completing a dental residency in Canada, OR a Dentist dental doctorate (with a DDS or DMD) who completed their residency in 2021 and 2022 and licensed to practice dentistry in a Canadian province or territory.
Be advised that your SPSP Line of Credit is subject to credit approval by Scotiabank.
The $300 will be deposited into the eligible Participant’s Scotiabank chequing account on or before March 31, 2023.
Each Participant can qualify for only one SPSP Incentive Payment. This offer may not be combined with any other Scotiabank offers except as otherwise permitted.
Scotiabank may at its sole discretion extend the SPSP Incentive Program end date of January 31, 2023, or, alternatively, terminate the SPSP Incentive Program at any time without notice.
Scotiabank $350 Ultimate Package Offer Conditions:
To qualify for the $350 offer (the “Offer”), you must:
1. Open a new Ultimate Package (“Eligible Account”) between November 1, 2022, and April 30, 2023; and
2. Complete any two (2) of the following activities in your Eligible Account within 60 days of Eligible Account opening:
- Make at least one (1) eligible online bill payment† of at least $50 through the Scotiabank Mobile App or through Scotia OnLine, or
- Set up and clear a minimum of two (2) separate eligible recurring pre-authorized transactions† with a minimum value of at least $50 per transaction which will each recur monthly for a minimum of three (3) consecutive months, or
- Set up and clear at least one eligible automated and recurring direct deposit†, such as payroll, which will recur monthly for a minimum of three (3) consecutive months.
Eligibility and Exclusions: Individuals who are currently holders of a Scotiabank Chequing Account are not eligible for the Offer. Individuals who were previously holders of a Scotiabank Chequing Account within the last two (2) years are not eligible for the Offer. “Scotiabank Chequing Account” means any of the following accounts: Ultimate Package, Preferred Package, Scotia One Account, Basic Plus Bank Account, Basic Banking Plan, Basic Bank Account, Momentum Chequing, Power Chequing, Scotia One Service, Scotia Value, Student Banking Advantage Plan. Employees of Scotiabank are also not eligible for the Offer.
General Terms: The $350 cash bonus for Ultimate Package will be deposited to the Eligible Account within six (6) months from account open date provided all Offer conditions outlined above have been met. The Eligible Account must be open and in good standing until the time of payout of the cash bonus. The Eligible Account is not in "good standing" if: (i)it has a negative balance exceeding the authorized overdraft limit, or (ii)it has been in continuous overdraft for a period of three consecutive months. This offer is non-transferable and may not be duplicated. Limit of one (1) Offer per customer, regardless of the number of Eligible Accounts opened. If more than one (1) Eligible Account is opened, only the first Eligible Account opened will be eligible for the Offer. For joint accounts, only one (1) cash bonus Offer will be applied to the primary account holder’s Eligible Account. All rates, fees, features and benefits are subject to change. Offer may be changed, cancelled or extended at any time without notice and cannot be combined with any other offers.