Terms and conditions
- Welcome Offer
- Membership Rewards Platinum
- American Express
- Installment Plans
American Express T&Cs
The following definitions apply to these Terms and Conditions:
- “Cardholder” means the credit card holder
- “Cycles” refer to the credit card’s billing cycles
- “Promotional Period” refers to the period from August 1, 2021 to October 31, 2021
- “Spend Bonus Period” refers to the period in which the predetermined spend threshold should be met
- “Activation” means the moment at which the client activates his/her credit card
- “Promotion” refers to this promotion and not any of the Bank’s other promotions or programs
- “Eligible” refers to any individual qualified to participate in this promotion
- “First Purchase Bonus” refers to the bonus a customer gets when a predetermined spend threshold is met during the spend bonus period with his/her credit card
- “Spend Bonus” refers to the bonus a customer gets when a predetermined spend threshold is met during the spent bonus period with his/her credit card
- “Net Purchases” refers to purchases minus returns / credits and does not include cash advances, balance transfers, credit card cheques, any fees and/ or finance charges
- “Annual Percentage Rate (APR)” refers to the annual interest rate applied to your credit card account when you carry a balance
- “Effective Annual Interest Rate (EAIR)” refers to the annual interest rate that is adjusted for compounding
- "Scotiabank" or “Bank” means Scotiabank & Trust (Cayman) Ltd, Scotiabank (Bahamas) Ltd, Scotiabank (Barbados) Ltd, and Scotiabank Turks and Caicos Ltd
The Welcome offer is opened to legal residents of Cayman Islands, Bahamas, Barbados, and Turks & Caicos who are 18 years of age or older. These terms and conditions shall be governed by the applicable laws of the named countries.
Promotion will award new Scotiabank credit cardholders with the promotional benefits as detailed in the chart below for each country listed above and detailed in the chart below
Scotiabank American Express® The Platinum Card
Scotiabank American Express® The Platinum Card
Scotiabank American Express® The Platinum Card
Turks & Caicos
Scotiabank American Express® The Platinum Card
Timing of Credit
New cardholders who qualify for this Promotion will receive the above-mentioned rewards depending on the date when the new account was booked in the Scotiabank system, as follows:
- Group #1: For all new accounts booked and shown in the Scotiabank system with Open Account Date between August 1 and August 31, 2021 inclusive, the Spend Bonus Period to be eligible for the Spend Bonus will end November 30, 2021 and the credit will take place by January 31, 2022.
- Annual Fee: 50% Annual fee reimbursed amount will be credited to credit card account by January 31, 2022.
- Group #2: For all new accounts booked and shown in the Scotiabank system with Open Account Date between September 1 and September 30, 2021 inclusive, the Spend Bonus Period to be eligible for the Spend Bonus will end December 31, 2021 and the credit will take place by February 28, 2022.
- Annual Fee: 50% Annual fee reimbursed amount will be credited to credit card account by February 28, 2022.
- Group #3: For all new accounts booked and shown in the Scotiabank system with Open Account Date between October 1 and October 31, 2021 inclusive, the Spend Bonus Period to be eligible for the Spend Bonus will end January 31, 2022 and the credit will take place by March 31, 2022.
- Annual Fee: 50% Annual fee reimbursed amount will be credited to credit card account by March 31, 2022.
In order to be eligible to receive the above-mentioned rewards, the new cardholder's credit card must be in good standing and must not have been blocked, frozen, stolen or fraudulently obtained, mislaid, lost or written-off, or delinquent, as of the following dates:
- Group #1: As of November 30, 2021
- Group #2: As of December 31, 2021
- Group #3: As of January 31, 2022
This is a limited-time Promotion which will run from August 1, 2021 to October 31, 2021 inclusive.
The Promotion does not apply to switches or upgrades.
- The Bank reserves the right to determine which purchases qualify for this Bonus. Net Purchases means purchases minus returns/credits and does not include cash advances, balance transfers, credit card cheques, any fees and/or finance charges.
- A Cardholder’s benefit earned through participation in this Promotion will be forfeited in the event that the Cardholder ceases to be a Cardholder at any time during the Promotion or transactions done, using the card, during the Promotion Period are reversed. In all matters relating to these promotions, the decision of the Bank shall be final and binding in all respects.
In all matters relating to these promotions, the decision of the Bank shall be final and binding in all respects.
Scotiabank has the right to exclude any individual from this Promotion in its absolute discretion without any obligation to provide notice or reason.
Scotiabank reserves the right in its absolute discretion to vary the terms and conditions of this Promotion or change or withdraw this Promotion at any time without giving any reason. In the event of a dispute arising from this Promotional Offer, the Bank’s decision is final.
These terms and conditions apply only to this Promotion and do not apply to any of the Bank’s other promotions or programs or any other promotion or program in conjunction with the Bank and any other entity or brand.
For more information, visit the website of your country
"You", "your" and "Cardholder" mean the Primary Cardholder to whom a Scotiabank American Express® Card is issued.
"We," "our," "us," "Scotiabank" and "the Bank" mean, as applicable, The Bank of Nova Scotia and its branches and subsidiaries operating outside of Canada, including, but not limited to, its branches, Scotiabank (Bahamas) Limited, Scotiabank & Trust (Cayman) Ltd., The Bank of Nova Scotia Jamaica Limited, Scotiabank Trinidad and Tobago Limited and Scotiabank (Barbados) Limited, Scotiabank (Turks and Caicos) Limited.
"Annual" means the calendar year (January –December of any year).
"Business days" means any day (other than Sundays and statutory holidays) on which the supplier is open for business.
"Card" means a Scotiabank American Express Card we issue in connection with a Scotiabank Account and all renewals and replacements of that card which participates in the Scotiabank Membership Rewards Program.
"Card Account" means the Scotiabank American ExpressCard account opened in your name.
"Card Agreement" means the Scotiabank American Express Cardholder Agreement with us.
"Local Time" means the local time in the Country where the Cardholder is domiciled.
"Net Monthly Purchases" means Qualifying Purchases performed during a month less refunds, merchandise returns and disputed charges posted to the account during the same period.
"Primary Cardholder" and "Additional Cardholder" mean, respectively, the person who signed or submitted the Card Application as a Primary Cardholder or Additional Cardholder, as the case may be, and whose name is on the Account or to whom a Card on the Card Account has been issued, other than a Supplemental Cardholder.
"Program" means the Scotiabank Membership Rewards Program.
"Qualifying Purchase" means any retail, signature-based purchase, internet purchase, phone or mail order purchase, or automatic bill payment made with a Card for personal, household or family purposes. Payments of existing Card balances, balance transfers, cash advances, ATM transactions, convenience and credit card cheques, finance charges, insurance premiums, annual fees or other fees, credits, disputed transactions, fraudulent transactions or penalties, payments made for travellers cheques, money orders, wire transfers and similar products and services are not Qualifying Purchases. We reserve the right to determine in our sole discretion whether a particular Card transaction is a Qualifying Purchase.
""Membership Rewards" and "points" mean the points credited to your Membership Rewards Account.
"Scotiabank Membership Rewards" means airline or other travel rewards and Travel Expense Credits redeemed as part of the Scotiabank Membership Rewards Program as set out herein.
"Membership Rewards Account" means the Scotiabank Membership Rewards Account opened in your name for crediting and debiting of Membership Rewards earned or redeemed in connection with the Program.
A "Supplemental Cardholder" is a person to whom we have issued a Card on your Card Account at your request.
"Travel Expense Credit" means the credit for the amount of your travel purchase(s) made using your Card that is applied to your Card Account as a result of having redeemed sufficient and available points from your Membership Rewards Account.
By signing, activating, or using your Card, you agree that you have received and read these Program Terms and Conditions and agree to be bound by them.
The Program is a promotional incentive program offered by the Bank. Under the Program, you earn points every time you make a Qualifying Purchase with a valid Card. In addition to these Program Terms and Conditions, your Card Agreement with us shall continue to govern your use of your Card and the Program. In the event of a conflict between the Card Agreement and these Program Terms and Conditions, the Card Agreement will govern, except Program Terms and Conditions shall govern in any matter relating to the Program.
The Program is automatically available to all Scotiabank American Express Primary Cardholders with Card Accounts in good standing. We reserve the right to determine, in our sole discretion, whether a particular Card or Cardholder is eligible to participate in the Program. Membership in the Program is limited to natural persons and no corporation, trust, partnership or other entity is eligible for membership in the Program.
- In order to redeem your points, your Card Account must remain in good standing during the operation of the Program. In order for your Card Account to be considered to be in good standing, your Card Account must not be (i) delinquent, charged off, in credit revoked status or otherwise in default of the Card Agreement or (ii) cancelled or closed by you or us.
- Membership Rewards may only be redeemed during the operation of the Program.
- We may, in our sole discretion, without notice, suspend or terminate your participation in the Program, cancel your Membership Rewards Account and your Membership Rewards if you (i) violate any of these Program Terms and Conditions, as amended from time to time, (ii) declare personal bankruptcy (iii) misrepresent any information to us or (iv) engage in fraud or abuse relating to the Program.
- You will forfeit all of your unredeemed Membership Rewards that have accumulated in your Membership Rewards Account if your Card Account is delinquent for 90 days or more.
- Membership Rewards are personal to you and cannot be assigned, traded, willed or otherwise transferred except with our express written permission and in accordance with the terms of these Program Terms and Conditions and any assignment or transfer in violation of these Program Terms and Conditions will be considered to be null and void and may, in our sole discretion, result in the cancellation of your Membership Rewards or the termination of your membership in the Program.
Earning Membership Rewards
- This 5x Membership Rewards applies to Merchant ID: 8610000406296.
- This 4x Membership Rewards applies for Merchant Codes: 4111, 4112, 4121, 4131, 4789.
- This 2x Membership Rewards applies to Travel (Airlines) Merchant Codes: 3000, 3001, 3005, 3006, 3007, 3008, 3009, 3010, 3011, 3012, 3013, 3014, 3015, 3016, 3017, 3018, 3020, 3022, 3025, 3026, 3028, 3029, 3030, 3032, 3034, 3035, 3037, 3038, 3039, 3040, 3042, 3043, 3047, 3048, 3050, 3051, 3052, 3056, 3058, 3066, 3069, 3072, 3075, 3076, 3077, 3078, 3079, 3082, 3084, 3088, 3098, 3099, 3100, 3102, 3103, 3112, 3127, 3129, 3132, 3136, 3144, 3161, 3174, 3180, 3181, 3182, 3184, 3196, 3206, 3211, 3217, 3219, 3221, 3228, 3234, 3240, 3245, 3246, 3247, 3256, 3260, 3261, 3266, 3267, 3280, 3294, 3295, 3299, 3301, 4511 Travel (Hotels) Merchant Codes: 3501, 3502, 3503, 3504, 3508, 3509, 3510, 3512, 3513, 3514, 3515, 3516, 3519, 3520, 3523, 3524, 3526, 3528, 3530, 3533, 3535, 3542, 3543,3545, 3548, 3551, 3552, 3553, 3555, 3558, 3559, 3561, 3562, 3564, 3572, 3573, 3575, 3576, 3577, 3579, 3581, 3583, 3589, 3590, 3591, 3592, 3595, 3596, 3602, 3604, 3607,3608, 3609, 3612, 3613, 3615, 3617, 3618, 3619, 3621, 3625, 3628, 3631, 3634, 3635, 3637, 3638, 3640, 3641, 3642, 3643, 3644, 3649, 3650, 3652, 3654, 3655, 3657, 3659,3662, 3665, 3667, 3672, 3676, 3687, 3690, 3692, 3693, 3695, 3700, 3703, 3709, 3710, 3715, 3716, 3721, 3722, 3726, 3728, 3730, 3731, 3740, 3741, 3743, 3745, 3750, 3751,3765, 3769, 3770, 3771, 3773, 3774, 3777, 3778, 3779, 3780, 3782, 3791, 3793, 3795, 3807, 3808, 3811, 3812, 3813, 3816, 3822, 3824, 3825, 3826, 3828, 3829, 3830, 3831, 3832, 7011, 7012 Travel (Misc.) Merchant Codes: 4411, 4582, 4722.
- Net Monthly Purchases will be rounded down to the nearest whole dollar to determine the number of Membership Rewards to be posted to your Membership Reward Account.
- Unless we otherwise authorized in writing no Membership Reward will be awarded for any purchases made for non-personal or commercial purposes.
- Membership Rewards have no cash value and do not constitute your property for any purpose. Membership Rewards may be used for Scotiabank Membership Rewards only in accordance with these Program Terms and Conditions.
- Your membership rewards balance will be available by logging into your Scotia online or Mobile app.
- Cash advances (including Balance Transfers, Scotia Credit Card Cheques and Cash-Like Transactions), interest, fees or other charges, card payments and returns, refunds or other similar credits do not earn Membership Rewards.
- Qualifying Purchases made while the Card is not in good standing will not accrue any Membership Rewards.
- Membership Rewards will be deducted for any returns, credits or chargebacks made for previously billed Qualifying Purchases and in respect of which Membership Rewards were previously awarded. Should the number of Membership Rewards to be deducted in respect of such returns, credits or chargebacks exceed your available Membership Rewards balances, Membership Rewards awarded in respect of subsequent Qualifying Purchases will be applied to reduce the negative balance in your Membership Rewards Account.
- Qualifying Purchases made with authorized Additional and Supplementary cards will earn Membership Rewards for the Membership Rewards Account of the Primary Cardholder only. There will be one set of Membership Rewards for Qualifying Purchases made with all Cards issued on any given Card Account. Authorized Additional (secondary/co-applicant) and Supplementary Cardholders are not participants in the Program and have no rights against us.
- Welcome bonus points may be issued by us to customers who apply for a new Card as a Primary Cardholder at such times and on such conditions as we may, in our sole discretion, determine. Bonus points will not be issued to Additional or Supplementary Cardholders or for Card replacements.
- Membership Rewards are not transferable from one Membership Rewards Account to another. However, if you are the Primary Cardholder on more than one Card Account, you may combine the accumulated Membership Rewards on these Card Accounts at redemption.
- Upon the Bank receiving notice of the death of a primary Cardholder, the Cardholder's estate may redeem the outstanding Membership Rewards within 60 days of closure of the Card Account, after which the unredeemed Membership Rewards will be forfeited. For joint Card Accounts, the co-applicant may redeem the Membership Rewards within 60 days of the closure of the Card Account or request the transfer of Membership Rewards to a new Membership Rewards Account. Membership Rewards cannot be exchanged for cash.
- Any obligation to report the accrual or redemption of Membership Rewards and any liability for taxes arising therefrom is your responsibility.
- All Scotiabank Membership Rewards and travel tickets and other travel documentation will only be delivered to the Cardholder and only to an address in the country in which the Card is issued.
Redemption of Membership Rewards
- Membership Rewards can be redeemed on the Scotia Rewards platform via on-line or Mobile banking. You may not redeem your Membership Rewards through any other travel agencies or airline companies.
- All advertised Scotiabank Membership Rewards are subject to availability by the travel suppliers, hotels or any other applicable supplier. All information related to Scotiabank Membership Rewards can be found on our website at www.scotiabank.com/amexplatinumbenefits
- The Cardholder will receive written confirmation of the reservations within 24hours of the date reservations were made and verbally confirmed by the Primary Cardholder. E-mail communications will be considered to be written confirmation for the purposes of this paragraph.
- You are responsible for payment of all taxes, fees, levies, surcharges and service fees including, without limiting the generality of the foregoing, income tax, sales and value added tax, departure and transportation taxes and fees, airport improvement fees, excess baggage charges, immigration fees, fuel surcharges, landing fees, security charges, insurance, customs duties and charges, governmental fees and levies and passenger facilities charges, and other non-ticket costs or any other taxes, fees and charges which may be imposed.
- Subject to the cancellation policies of the travel supplier, you may cancel any portion or your entire Scotiabank Membership Rewards reservation. In some cases, such as non-refundable tickets, CANCELLATIONS ARE NOT ALLOWED OR MAY BE SUBJECT TO CANCELLATION FEES. All such fees will be charged to the Card Account and are non-refundable.
- If the cancellation of a Membership Reward is allowed, the portion of Membership Rewards refunded by the travel carrier for the Travel Reward will be credited back to your Membership Rewards Account at a rate of 100 Membership Rewards per US$1.50 of refund credit.
- We may send electronic communications to you, including electronic mail and/or postings to the Program website. If you provide an e-mail address to us, you authorize us to send any e-tickets and other travel information to this address. All e-mail communications from us to you shall be deemed delivered to you when sent or and other electronic communications shall be deemed delivered to you when posted on our Program website. You release us from any liability or claim as a result of your non-receipt of such documentation sent to you through these means. You are responsible for advising us of any change of your mailing or e-mail address.
- Paper tickets and other travel documentation cannot be delivered to addresses outside of the country in which your Card is issued. Shipments cannot be made to a post office box. You are required to pay all shipping and handling fees for delivery. Membership Rewards cannot be used to cover these charges.
Pay with Points
- Membership Rewards can be redeemed in exchange for a Statement Credit towards a purchase.
- In order to redeem for previous purchases, you must have sufficient points in your Membership Rewards Account to cover the full redemption cost of the selected purchase.
- Credits cannot be used and/or applied towards the minimum payment amount due on your Card Account. You must pay the minimum amount due indicated in your credit card statement by the payment due date even if the amount of the Credit is sufficient to cover the minimum payment due or the entire outstanding balance of your Card Account.
- Redemptions of Membership Rewards can be made for a Travel Expense Credit within 30 days of the transaction date (i.e. 30 days from the date the transaction was made) to your Card Account.
Global Lounge Collection
The Centurion Lounge
The Platinum Card® members have unlimited complimentary access to all locations of The Centurion Lounge. Gold Card and Green Card Additional Cards on The Platinum Card® account are not eligible for complimentary access. Card Members may bring up to two (2) companions into The Centurion Lounge. To access The Centurion Lounge, the Card Member must present The Centurion Lounge agent with the following upon each visit: his or her valid Card, a boarding pass showing a confirmed reservation for same-day travel on any carrier and a government-issued I.D. Failure to present this documentation may result in access being denied. Card Members will not be compensated for changes in locations, rates or policies. A Card Member must be at least 18 years of age to enter without a parent or legal guardian. For locations with a self-service bar, the Card Member must be of legal drinking age in the location’s jurisdiction to enter without a parent or legal guardian. Must be of legal drinking age to consume alcoholic beverages. Please drink responsibly. American Express reserves the right to remove any person from the Lounge for inappropriate behavior or failure to adhere to rules, including, but not limited to, conduct that is disruptive, abusive or violent. Access is subject to space availability. Hours may vary by location and are subject to change. Amenities vary among The Centurion Lounge locations and are subject to change. Services and amenities in the Lounge are complimentary, however you are responsible for any purchases and/or servicing charges you authorize our Member Services Professionals to perform on your behalf. Some American Express Cards are not eligible for all services provided by Member Services Desk. American Express will not be liable for any articles lost or stolen or damages suffered by the purchaser or visitor inside The Centurion Lounge. Use of The Centurion Lounge is subject to all rules and conditions set by American Express. American Express reserves the right to revise the rules at any time without notice.
The Platinum Card® American Express card. American Express Travel Related Services Company, Inc. All rights reserved.
International American Express Lounges
The Platinum Card® members have unlimited complimentary access to American Express Lounge locations. Additional Gold Cards and Additional Green Cards on your Platinum Card® account are not eligible for complimentary access. Guest access policies vary by location and are subject to change. Fees may apply for additional guests. To access American Express Lounges, the Platinum Card Member must present the agent with the following upon each visit: his or her valid Card and upon request, same-day airline ticket on any carrier and a government-issued I.D. Failure to present this documentation may result in access being denied. The Platinum The Platinum Card® American Express Cardmembers will not be compensated for changes in locations, rates or policies. American Express reserves the right to remove any person from a lounge for inappropriate behavior or failure to adhere to lounge rules, including, but not limited to, conduct that is disruptive, abusive or violent. Access is subject to space availability. Amenities, services and hours of operation may vary among locations and are subject to change.
In some Lounges the The Platinum Card® member must be at least 18 years of age to enter without a parent or guardian. Age restrictions for the service of alcohol also vary between Lounges. American Express will not be liable for any articles lost or stolen or damages suffered by the purchaser or visitor inside American Express Lounges. Use of American Express Lounges is subject to the local rules and conditions set by American Express and the Lounge operator. American Express and the Lounge operator reserve the right to revise the rules at any time without notice. For details of individual American Express lounge access requirements please visit www.americanexpress.com/findalounge.
Delta Sky Club
The Platinum Card® member must present his or her valid American Express Card, government-issued I.D., and same-day corresponding airline ticket to club ambassador. Additional Gold Cards and Additional Green Cards on your The Platinum Card® account are not eligible for complimentary access. Access to Delta Sky Club partner lounges is not permitted. Individuals must be at least 18 years of age to access Delta Sky Club, and 21 years of age to access locations with a self-service bar, unless accompanied by a responsible, supervising adult who has access to the lounge. Card Members must adhere to all House Rules of participating clubs. Participating airport clubs and locations subject to change without notice. Additional guest access and fees subject to terms and conditions of participating airport clubs.
For the most current Delta Sky Club access and pricing policy, please visit Delta.com/skyclub. All Delta Sky Club rules apply to Delta Sky Club membership and use. To review the rules, please visit Delta.com/skyclub.
These Terms and Conditions govern the participation and use of the Priority Pass™ program by The Platinum Card® Members of Scotiabank (Bahamas) Limited, The Bank of Nova Scotia Jamaica Limited, Scotiabank Trinidad and Tobago Limited, Scotiabank (Barbados) Limited, Scotiabank and Trust (Cayman) Ltd., and Scotiabank (Turks and Caicos) Ltd. Priority Pass is an independent airport lounge access program. You are entitled to ten (10) visits per year, which you may allocate to accompanying guests. For any visits not funded by the issuer of your Card, you will be charged the prevailing retail rate available on www.prioritypass.com. Some lounges limit the number of accompanying guests. By enrolling in Priority Pass, you agree that you will be responsible for any visits not funded by your Card issuer and that your Card will be automatically charged after you have signed for the visit and it has been reported to Priority Pass by the participating lounge. Additionally, you acknowledge and agree that American Express will verify your Card account number and provide updated Card account information to Priority Pass. Priority Pass will use this information to fulfill on the Priority Pass program and may use this information for marketing related to the program. Once enrolled, The Platinum Card® Members whose Card account is not cancelled may access participating Priority Pass lounges by presenting their Priority Pass card and confirmed airline boarding pass. In some lounges, Priority Pass member must be 21 years of age to enter without a parent or guardian. Priority Pass members must adhere to all house rules of participating lounges. Amenities may vary among airport lounge locations. Conference rooms, where available, may be reserved for a nominal fee. Priority Pass lounge partners and locations are subject to change. All Priority Pass members must adhere to the Priority Pass Conditions of Use, which will be sent to you with your membership package, and can be viewed at www.prioritypass.com. Upon receipt of your enrollment information, Priority Pass will send your Priority Pass card and membership package which you should receive within 4-6 weeks.
Lounge access is subject to availability.
An “eligible American Express® Card” means a Black American Express® Card, a Platinum American Express Card®, The American Express® Platinum Credit Card, The Platinum Card® or The Centurion® Card issued by a licensed third party. Cards issued by American Express or its subsidiaries are not eligible for this offer.
Sixt Rent a Car
*Offer available only for Gold, Platinum and Black American Express Cards issued by licensed third parties in certain countries. Cards issued by American Express or its subsidiaries are not eligible for this offer. Verify your eligibility by clicking "Enroll Now".
Hertz Gold Plus Rewards- Five Star
These benefits are available only to valid American Express cardmembers who have created an American Express benefits-enabled Gold Plus Rewards program profile by enrolling via the dedicated enrolment process at www.hertz.com/Amex, or for existing Gold Plus Rewards members who have added promotional CDP# 705500 to their Gold Plus Rewards profile.
Complimentary one-car-class upgrade:
Fee-Waived Additional Driver:
Restrictions on destination participating countries:
The following countries and/or Hertz locations are excluded from the list of Destination Participating Countries:
a. India, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, and Taiwan rental locations are excluded from all benefits of this offer.
b. Japan locations will participate, however at up to 5% discount and a fee-waived additional driver. However, a one car-class upgrade is not available.
Offer available only for American Express Cards issued by a licensed third party at the countries listed below. Cards issued by American Express or its subsidiaries are not eligible for this offer.
Only American Express Cardmembers that have a card issued by a licensed third party in the following countries are eligible for this discount: Argentina, Brazil, Canada (international only), Chile, China, Colombia, Costa Rica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Israel, Japan, Malaysia, Mexico, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Puerto Rico, Russia, Singapore, South Africa, South Korea, Sri Lanka, Switzerland, Taiwan, Thailand, Turkey, Vietnam, Uruguay and USA (international only).
Fine Hotels & Resorts
Valid only for new Fine Hotels + Resorts bookings made through Platinum Travel Service, Business Platinum Travel Service, Centurion Travel Service, or American Express Travel Online (Only available in selected markets). Payment must be made in full with an American Express Card in the Platinum Cardmember's or Centurion® Member’s name. Available for Platinum Charge Cardmembers and Centurion® Members only, and excludes Platinum Credit Cardmembers who are not also Platinum Charge Cardmembers. Cardmember must travel on itinerary booked to be eligible for benefits described. Noon check-in and room upgrade are based on availability and are provided at check-in. Breakfast amenity varies by property, but will be, at a minimum, a continental breakfast. Complimentary In-Room Wi-Fi is provided. In the case where a Property includes cost of Wi-Fi in a mandatory resort fee, the Cardmember will receive a daily credit from the Property in the standard amount that the Property charges for Wi-Fi. The credit will be issued on the Cardmembers final statement upon check-out. Benefit restrictions vary by Fine Hotels + Resorts property and cannot be redeemed for cash, and may not be combined with other offers unless indicated. Advance reservations are recommended for services such as spa, dining or golf in order to take advantage of the Fine Hotels + Resorts special amenity during your stay. Benefits are only applied at checkout and expire at checkout. Limit one benefit package per room, per stay. Three room limit per Cardmember, per stay; back-to-back stays within a 24-hour period at the same property considered one stay. Participating Fine Hotels + Resorts properties and benefits are subject to change.
Valid only for new The Hotel Collection bookings of two or more consecutive nights made online through American Express Platinum Concierge (www.The Platinum Card®.com/amexplatinumbenefits). Payment must be made in full with The Platinum Card®. If you are a Centurion or Platinum Supplementary Cardmember looking to book a hotel within The Hotel Collection programme, you can contact your Centurion or Platinum Conierge Service. Cardmember must travel on itinerary booked to be eligible for benefits described.
*The Cardmember will receive the credit as a deduction from the final bill when checking out of the hotel; they receive $1 for each eligible dollar spent up to $100 USD. Eligible charges exclude charges for taxes, gratuities, fees and cost of the room. Additional exclusions based on specific hotel restrictions may also apply (including without limitation purchases within the hotels that are unaffiliated and/or owned by third parties) –see hotel front desk for details. Credit must be used in conjunction with initial stay and cannot be carried over to another stay, is not redeemable for cash and expires at check-out. Credit is non-exchangeable and non-refundable and is applied in USD or equivalent in local currency based on exchange rate on day of arrival.
**A one category room upgrade is based on availability and eligibility at check-in to the hotel.
Limit one credit per room, per stay. Three-room limit per Cardmember per stay; back-to-back stays within a 24-hour period at the same property considered one stay. Participating providers and benefits subject to change.
Enrolment in the MeliáRewards Gold programme is required. Benefits are subject to change and availability may vary by property. MeliáRewards Gold amenities may not be wholly combined with the Fine Hotels & Resorts programme. All American Express terms and conditions apply. All Meliá Hotels International terms and conditions apply. To view terms and conditions visit www.melia.com/nMenus/jsp/terminosCondiciones.jsp. American Express reserves the right to instruct Meliá Hotels International to cancel your membership if you cease to be a Platinum Cardmember or your account is not in good standing.
Marriott Bonvoy Gold Elite
As a Platinum Card® member you are eligible to enroll in complimentary Marriott Bonvoy™ Gold Elite Status. Once you request enrollment within the Marriott Bonvoy™ Program (“Marriott Bonvoy™”) at the Gold Elite Status level, American Express will share your enrollment information with The Marriott Bonvoy™ Program (“Marriott Bonvoy™”). Marriott Bonvoy may use this information in accordance with its privacy statement available at www.marriott.com/privacy. You will maintain Gold Elite Status without meeting otherwise required Marriott Bonvoy criteria as long as you remain an eligible American Express Card Member or until American Express notifies you that the benefit is terminated. Marriott Bonvoy member benefits are subject to change, availability and certain eligibility requirements. Reservations booked through third parties and online booking sources are not eligible. For complete Marriott Bonvoy Program terms visit https://www.marriott.com/loyalty/terms/default.mi. Marriott Bonvoy program amenities may not be combined with the Fine Hotels & Resorts program. Upgrades are based upon availability and will vary by property.
*An eligible Black or Platinum American Express Card is defined as a Platinum or Black American Express Card issued by a licensed third party. Cards issued by American Express or its subsidiaries are not eligible for this offer.
Mr. & Mrs Smith Goldsmith status
*Offer available only for Black American Express® Cards, The Platinum Card®, and Platinum American Express® Cards issued by licensed third parties. Cards issued by American Express or its subsidiaries are not eligible for this offer.
Offer available only for Platinum and Black American Express Cards issued by a licensed third party. Cards issued by American Express or its subsidiaries are not eligible for this offer.
(1) American Express Presales: Valid in select cities. During the specified sales period, tickets are available exclusively to all American Express® Card Members. Tickets must be purchased with an American Express Card. Standard service charges apply. Offer is subject to availability. Not all seats are available and blackout dates apply. All sales final. No refunds. No exchanges. Offer may be changed or revoked at any time at the sole discretion of American Express. Some events may not be accessible to Card Members with disabilities.
(2) The American Express Card Member Entrance will be accessible for designated events at Barclays Center including all Brooklyn Nets and New York Islanders home games and major sporting and entertainment events. Access through this entrance is accessible once all general doors to the arena open for each event. Doors for Brooklyn Nets games open 60 minutes prior to the event start time, and vary for concerts, family shows and New York Islanders games. Exact opening times can be referenced on a per-event basis on BarclaysCenter.com.
(3) Receive 15% off designated in-stock items when you use any American Express® Card to pay for your purchase at any participating in-arena Barclays Center concessions. Offer available only for Nets preseason and regular season home games at Barclays Center. Discount will not be applied to taxes or any other fees. Discount not valid on previous purchases and cannot be combined with any other offer. Offer may be modified or discontinued at any time without notice. Fulfillment of this offer is the sole responsibility of Barclays Center. Discount not redeemable for cash.
This offer is made by Hole19 and, depending on your eligibility, you can receive (1) 20% off green fees at eligible golf courses and/or (2) complimentary or discounted access to Hole19s premium features subscription.
Offer available only to American Express® Cards issued by licensed third parties in the following countries: Albania, Argentina, Armenia, Aruba, Australia, Azerbaijan, Bahamas, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Barbados, Belarus, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Brazil, Brunei Darussalam, Canada, Cayman islands, Chile, China, Colombia, Cook islands (the), Costa Rica, Croatia, Cyprus, Dominican Republic (the), Ecuador, Egypt, El salvador, Ethiopia, Fiji, France, French Polynesia, Georgia, Greece, Guatemala, Honduras, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Israel, Jamaica, Japan, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Kuwait, Lebanon, Macao, Malaysia, Maldives, Mauritius, Mexico, Moldova (The Republic of), Mongolia, Montenegro, Nepal, Netherlands Antilles, Nicaragua, North Macedonia, Norway, Oman, Pakistan, Panamá, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines (the), Puerto Rico, Qatar, Russian Federation (the), Samoa, Saudi Arabia, Serbia, Singapore, Solomon Islands, South Africa, South Korea, Sri Lanka, Switzerland, Taiwan, Tanzania, United Republic of, Thailand, Tonga, Trinidad & Tobago, Turkey, Turks & Caicos, UAE, Uganda, Uruguay, United Kingdom of GB and NI, United States, Vanuatu, Venezuela(Bolivarian Republic), Vietnam.
Please review each designer T&C in https://www.experiences.global/fashion
Centurion, Icon, Black and Platinum American Express Cardmembers whose cards have been issued by a licensed third party are eligible to enroll in a free trial membership to FoundersCard; Centurion, Icon and Black Cardmembers for a period of 12 months and Platinum Cardmembers for a period of 6 months. Cards issued by American Express or its subsidiaries are not eligible for this offer. This offer is available to new FoundersCard members only and only in association with the free 6 or 12 month membership featured above. At the conclusion of your free trial period, your eligible American Express Card will be charged the FoundersCard annual membership fee at a preferred rate of $395 per year and this fee will continue to be charged annually unless cancelled. The preferred membership rate is only available to Cardmembers who use an eligible American Express Card to pay. You may cancel your membership at any time during the free membership period or within 60 days after being charged the annual membership fee, by signing in at www.founderscard.com and navigating to your account settings. You may also cancel by calling FoundersCard at 1-800-963-1988, emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, or by completing a contact form at https://founderscard.com/contact_us. Cardmembers must cancel their membership to avoid being charged automatically. To redeem the free trial membership, Cardmembers must enroll by clicking through this webpage and completing the application journey within the FoundersCard website. The application will be reviewed and membership will be confirmed by FoundersCard within three (3) business days. FoundersCard program benefits and membership terms are subject to subject to FoundersCard’s Terms and Conditions, available at: https://founderscard.com/tos. Please visit www.founderscard.com for contact information and/or any additional questions or concerns. Offers void where prohibited by law. Other restrictions may apply. Offers, prices, rules, and benefits subject to change without notice.
When they enroll by June 30, 2021, Cardmembers with a Consumer American Express Card or a Small Business American Express Card issued by a third party can redeem a free Business Insider trial subscription with auto-renewal. Consumer Centurion, Icon and Black and Small Business Cardmembers are eligible for a free 12-month trial subscription. All other Cardmembers with Cards issued by a third party can enroll for a free 6-month trial subscription. All trial subscriptions will auto-renew for 12-months at a discounted rate of $79 plus tax after the free trial period. In subsequent years, unless cancelled, subscriptions will automatically renew at Business Insider’s then-current, non-discounted rate (currently US$99 plus tax). Cardmembers may cancel their subscription at any time, including during the free trial period, by visiting “My Account” at https://www.businessinsider.com/subscription/prime-mgmt ] and following steps to cancel under “Membership.” Cardmembers may also cancel by emailing email@example.com or visiting the FAQs at https://www.businessinsider.com/americanexpress. Cardmembers must cancel their subscription to avoid being charged automatically upon renewal. Offer valid for new Business Insider subscribers and Cardmembers with an active subscription to Business Insider Intelligence at the time of enrollment. Cardmembers with an active Business Insider subscription formerly known as Business Insider Prime, are not eligible. Cardmembers whose Cards are issued by American Express or its subsidiaries are also not eligible for this offer. To redeem this free trial offer, eligible Cardmembers must enroll by clicking through this email and completing the application journey within the Business Insider website. Business Insider program benefits and subscription terms are subject to Business Insider’s Terms and Conditions, available at https://www.businessinsider.com/termsofsale and https://www.insider-inc.com/terms/ Offer void where prohibited by law. Other restrictions may apply. Offers, prices, rules, and benefits subject to change without notice.
The Installment Plan allows primary cardholders to repay certain eligible Card Transaction(s) in monthly installment payments in accordance with these terms and conditions.
Converting an Eligible Transaction into an Installment Plan
- We will identify Transaction that are eligible to be converted to an Installment Plan through Online or Mobile banking. When you select to create and Installment Plan, you are agreeing to convert an eligible Transaction posted on your Account to fixed installment payments (including interest), which means you will make equal payments on that eligible Transaction over a fixed period of time.
- You will have the ability to choose the payment term (in months) with a corresponding annual interest rate. The payment terms and interests rates offered to you may change form time to time. It may take 2 to 3 business days for your Installment Plan to appear in Online and Mobile banking.
- Eligible Transactions can only be converted to an Installment Plan 1) by the Primary Cardholder and 2) during the same statement period in which that eligible Transaction was posted and before your next Statement Date.
- Instalments plans will be serviced in local currency for single currency products.
- Installments Plans are only available:
a. on accounts in good standing
b. for certain eligible Cards types and eligible Transactions
- You will be charged a one-time installment set-up fee at the time the eligible Transaction is converted to an Installment Plan and this fee will form part of the Minimum Payment in the first statement following the creation of the Installment Plan.
- Participating in an Installment Plan does not change your credit limit. It has no impact on loyalty points of cashback that you may have already earned for your Purchase.
- Your Installment Plan monthly payments are included in your Minimum Payment and Amount Due and will be billed on each monthly statement starting with the first statement following the creation of the Installment Plan.
- For example, you purchase a TV today and convert it into a three month installment today. On your next statement your minimum payment will be the sum of 1) the minimum payment for the credit card balance 2) the one-time installment fee 3) the installment principal amount plus interest.
- You can always pay your Balance in full at any time. You cannot allocate payments on your Account between your Installment Plans and the rest of you Balance. Payments will be allocated as set out in your Cardholder Agreement. If a payment is allocated to more than one Installment Plan with the same interest rate, then it will be applied to your Installment Plans stating with Installment Plan that will expire first.
- If you do not pay the Minimum Payment in full in a particular month, the unpaid principal portion of your Installment Plan payment will be charged interest at the annual interest rate for regular Purchases applicable to your Account starting the first day of the next statement period after the missed payment. Interest is added to you Account at the end of each statement period. We do not charge interest on interest.
- If you receive a credit for a Purchase that you converted to an Installment Plan, it will be applied to the Balance on your Account and be allocated as set out in your Cardholder Agreement.
- Your last Installment Plan monthly payment may be higher than the previous Installment Plan monthly payments if you change your existing credit card to another Scotiabank credit card, change your statement period, or a payment is reversed on your Account in any statement period following receipt of your payment.
- Interest will be charged at the annual interest rate you agreed to at the time of the conversion of an eligible Transaction to an Installment Plan.
- Interest on the eligible Transaction converted to an Installment Plan will be calculated as follows:
a. The annual interest rate for regular Purchases applicable to your Account is calculated and charged as set out in your Cardholder Agreement from the date of Purchase to the date the Purchase is converted to an Installment Plan; and
b. The Installment Plan interest is calculated as set out in your Cardholders Agreement.
Transaction converted: $750
Convenience fee (1%): $7.50
Interest cost (12 months @ 6.99%): $52.95
Total Installment amount = $802.95
- We do not charge interest on an eligible Transaction that has been converted to an Installment Plan During that statement period if we receive payment in full of the Balance by the payment due date for that statement.
Cancelling You Installment Plan
- You may cancel your Installment Plan at any time after it has been posted to your Account. Please allow two to three business days for processing of any cancellation request.
- We will cancel your Installment Plan if:
a. Your account is no longer in good standing
b. You pay your Card Balance in full
c. You Account is closed for any reason
- The one time Installment Set-up fee will not be refunded unless you cancel your Installment Plan in the same statement period in which is was created.
- If your Installment Plan is cancelled in the statement period in which it was created, the annual interest rate for Purchases that applies to your Account will be calculated on the Purchase from the day after the Installment Plan cancellation request is processes to the end of the statement period and will be charged as set out in the Cardholder Agreement.
- If your Installment Plan is cancelled in any statement period after the statement period in which it was created, the unpaid principal of the Cancelled Installment Plan (“the Canceled Installment Plan Amount”) will be charged interest as follows:
a. If you have paid the Amount Due (excluding the Cancelled Installment Plan Amount) for the statement period prior to the cancellation, then the unpaid Cancelled Installment Plan Amount will become subject to the annual interest rate for the Purchases that applies to your Account starting the first day of the statement period following the cancellation until we receive a payment which covers the unpaid Cancelled Installment Plan Amount, or
b. If you have not paid the Amount Due (excluding the Cancelled Installment Plan Amount) for the statement period prior to the cancellation, then the Cancelled Installment Plan Amount will become subject to the annual interest rate for Purchases that applies to you Account starting the day after the Installment Plan cancellation request is processed until we receive a payment which covers the unpaid Cancelled Installment Plan Amount.
Changes to these Terms and Conditions
- We may change either permanently or temporarily, any of the terms of there Terms and Condition in accordance with you Cardholder Agreement and we will notify you of there changes by any method allowed by applicable law.
- Capitalized terms used but not defined in these terms and conditions have the meanings set out in the Cardholder Agreement.
- These terms and conditions supplement you Cardholder Agreement.