Because no one ever said “I want to bank more”, here’s banking that’s designed to be swift, satisfying and personalized to your needs. As a Private Banking client you’ll experience attentive and discreet service, a suite of preferential solutions impeccably designed to build, preserve and transfer your wealth, as well as customized lending services to effortlessly access maximum liquidity when you need it.
Time is your most valuable asset. So our suite of comprehensive, preferential banking services is designed to save you as much of it as possible. Your suite of customizable services, developed in consultation with your relationship manager, includes:
- A dedicated Private Banker and Associate team, providing our highest level of personalized, attentive and discreet service
- Access to our industry-leading Total Wealth Credit Solution™ holistic borrowing platform, streamlining your access to liquidity under a single investment line of credit
- Exclusive and complimentary access to Inspire™, a unique, global travel and entertainment service.
- Preferred pricing on the Scotiabank American Express Platinum® card♦
- Complimentary credit with the Scotiabank American Express Gold card♦, ScotiaGold® VISA™ or Scotia Momentum® VISA Infinite♦, and Scotiabank U.S. Dollar Visa♦
- Preferred Foreign Exchange rates
- All transactions for up to five personal accounts, including chequing, savings, student accounts and Basic Business Accounts for personal or investment holding companies (some exceptions apply)
- Small safety deposit boxes (subject to availability)
- Access to investment management and estate and trust services as well as comprehensive and objective financial planning
- Help handling bill payments or other tasks made difficult due to travel or work schedules
- Hands-on management of time-sensitive transactions in coordination with your other advisors
You may be considering the purchase of a new cottage, sailboat, or family vehicle. You may have discovered an exceptional investment property and time is of the essence. Or perhaps you’re looking to finance major home renovations or your children’s post-secondary education. Whatever goals you have and outlays you need to make, it’s good to know you can make them, unhindered by inopportune timing related to investment maturities or compensation. Private Banking is designed to offer you the credit and liquidity you need, when you need it, to fit your lifestyle.
It’s likely you’ve wanted to act on an investment opportunity but, with equity wrapped up in your home, investments and insurance, accessing your money was complex, time-consuming, even frustrating.
Total Wealth Credit Solution™ is our leading strategic financing innovation which strives to simplify and optimize your borrowing against a broad range of assets – giving you the freedom to take action through uncomplicated access to your credit.
Now with customized lending through the Total Wealth Credit Solution, you may:
- Act more quickly to access liquidity without selling assets
- Combine investment portfolios, your principal residence, recreation or income properties, insurance policies and other investments as collateral for a single investment line of credit
Total Wealth Credit Solution is ideal for active investors who know how to make their wealth work for them.
A selection of some the best thinking from around the world for your life, your business and your future. Updated regularly.
Arts And Culture
The home of the Toronto Maple Leafs and Toronto Raptors has officially been renamed Scotiabank Arena, as Canada Day marks the start of the Bank of Nova Scotia’s 20-year venture to burnish its brand and attract new customers.
A new study underscores how important states of mind can be to investing, raising questions about individual investing.
Art And Culture
From glamping in the Halifax harbour to a safari experience in the Arctic, these hidden gems are 10 of the best reasons to travel in Canada
Arts And Culture
Five young, interdisciplinary artists tackling themes such as Indigenous history and culture, the impact of technology and the notions of memory and storytelling have been shortlisted for Canada's prestigious Sobey Art Award.
Private Banking is provided by The Bank of Nova Scotia
Elizabeth is a medical professional and her husband is retired, having sold his software business to a multinational corporation recently.
David recently retired from his position as senior partner at the largest law firm in Montreal.
Daniel is a senior vice president with one of Canada’s largest mining companies. His wife, Denise, runs her own interior design consulting company.
Lisa and her husband Dan run a successful retail clothing business, with a chain of seven stores across Canada.
Over a period of 40 years, James and his wife Debbie built a business empire. He is looking to retire, transferring ownership of the business to a son.
Ellen is a married stay-at-home mother to three children. Her husband is an executive at a multi-national corporation.
Subject to normal lending criteria
All travel and entertainment services are provided by Inspire Travel Ltd., an independent third party, and not by The Bank of Nova Scotia.