Business Maximization Strategies
To ensure that your business can be successfully sold, and to maximize the price you receive, there are many strategies you should consider to increase the value of your business prior to sale or transfer of ownership.
At a Glance
Sell your business successfully by planning well in advance.
Implementing some of these may be a relatively lengthy process, which is another reason planning well in advance of your planned exit date is important.
Potential business maximization strategies include:
- Focus on business growth and profitability
- Diversification of customer and supplier base
- Reduction of operating costs
- Evaluation of discretionary expenses
- Tax minimization strategies, including potential business re-structuring
- Development of good management infrastructure to reduce reliance on yourself and ensure that knowledge is not overly concentrated
- Removal of non-operating assets