Is it right for me?
It’s perfect if you have one of the following smart watches and you want an even faster way to check your balance on the go
Apple Watch, Samsung Gear 2 and Gear S, Pebble
Tell me about it
Now there’s an easier way to keep an eye on your bank balance. With Quick Balance available on several wearable devices you can view your balance anytime, anywhere. And if you have an Apple Watch, you can also view your last 5 transactions.
Check your balance with just a tap
With Quick Balance, just touch your screen once and you can instantly view your real-time bank balance. No need to log on. No passwords. Just tap and view.
Safe and secure
Feel secure knowing that your private information is protected under the Scotiabank Mobile Security Guarantee.
Where do I start?
Download the Scotiabank app.
How do I use it?
To use Quick Balance on your Samsung wearable, make sure your Android uses an OS version 4.3 or higher, and follow these steps:
- The latest version of Scotiabank Mobile Banking app from Google Play
- The Scotiabank Mobile Banking app from Samsung Gear
- Activate Quick Balance
Log into Scotiabank Mobile Banking on your Android. Open Settings. Turn Quick Balance ON. Turn Wearables ON.
- Now you are ready to check your balances right from your watch!
From the Apps menu on your Samsung Gear smartwatch, launch Scotiabank’s App.
To use Quick Balance and view your last five transactions on your Apple Watch make sure you have an iPhone 5, 5C, 5S, 6, or 6 Plus with iOS 8.2 or higher, and follow these steps:
- Download the latest version of Scotiabank Mobile banking app to your iPhone
- Activate Quick Balance on your iPhone
- Launch the Apple Watch app from your iPhone
- Tap the “Start Pairing” button
- Hold the Apple Watch up to the Camera, aligned with the viewfinder
- From the Apple Watch App, go to App Store and search for the Scotiabank app and download it
- Once the Scotiabank app is downloaded it is ready for launch on the Apple Watch
Now you are ready to check your balances right from your smart watch!
Right now, Quick Balance will only work with the Samsung Gear 2, Samsung Gear S to follow when device is available in Canada and more devices added soon.
Yes you can still use Quick Balance with Tizen OS. You’ll also need the to download the latest version of the Scotiabank Mobile Banking app.
Android™ is a trademark of Google Inc.
Scotiabank has partnered with Samsung Gear™ to launch Quick Balance on your Samsung wearable device. Quick Balance allows you to check your balance on the go without having to log in to your mobile banking app. And now with one tap you can check your balance on your watch.
Quick Balance on your wearable device is currently available for Samsung Gear 2. Additional devices are coming soon.
As always the Scotiabank Mobile Security Guarantee applies.
Wearables is currently available for the Samsung Gear 2. Samsung Gear S to follow when device is available in Canada