Loans & Lines of Credit
Choose a borrowing solution that’s right for you
Lines of credit
ScotiaLine® Personal Line of Credit
- Credit limits starting from $5,000 and up to $75,000.*
- Access to funds through Mobile App, Online Banking, ABM, Access Card, and cheques.
- Flexible repayment options.
- No need to reapply.
ScotiaLine® Personal Line of Credit (Scotia Total Equity® Plan)
- Secured borrowing rates.
- Apply just once to secure your overall borrowing limit ScotiaLine® Personal Line of Credit.**
- Low rates with payment options available.
ScotiaLine® Personal Line of Credit for Students
- Deferred principal payments.◊
- Make interest-only payments while you’re still in school.‡
- Ability to pay down balance at anytime.
- No annual fees.
Scotia RSP Catch-Up® Line of Credit
- Get preferred lending rate and invest in an RSP for your future.°
- Make regular contributions to your RSP anytime.
Scotia Plan® Loan
- Take up to 5 years to pay it back.†
- Customized payment structure.
- Choose between a fixed or variable interest rate.
- Manage your loan online
EcoLiving Auto Loan
- Buy a new electric, hybrid or diesel vehicle.
- You could be eligible for a government rebate towards the purchase of a qualified vehicle.
Grad Auto Loan
- Buy a car up to 90 days before you start a full-time job.
- Skip the down payment with 100% financing.±
StartRight® Auto Finance Program
- Qualify for a loan with no Canadian credit history
- Take up to 5 years (60 months) to pay back your loan
Marine and Boat Loan
- Buy a new boat or used sailboat or power boat of any age.
- Take your time to pay off the loan – up to 20 years.
Motorcycle & Leisure Vehicle Loan
- Buy a new motorcycle, All Terrain Vehicle (ATV), quad, snowmobile, personal watercraft (PWC) or other leisure vehicle.
- Or buy a used motorcycle or leisure vehicle that’s up to 5 years old.
Recreational Vehicle Loan (RV)
- $200,000 for your next RV.±
How borrowing works
When you borrow money, you agree to pay it back with interest over time. With a loan, you know it will be paid off over a specific period of time with fixed payments. With a line of credit, you have the flexibility to repay as much as you want or as little as interest only every month.2
Frequently Asked Questions
Let's get started!
Ways to apply
At the dealership
Visit your dealer and ask for Scotiabank financing.
Loans vs. Lines of Credit: Which could be right for you?
Let’s take a closer look at the differences between loans and lines of credit and find out which solution is right for you.
Leasing vs. buying a car in Canada
Planning to get a car and thinking about whether to buy or lease? Here are some pros and cons to help you make the final decision.
What happens if you miss a credit card or line of credit payment?
Everything you need to know about what happens when you miss a credit card or line of credit payment, your credit score, and what options you may have.
Find a loan that works for you
Our personal loan calculator can help you estimate the payment options that best suit your financial needs.
How much do you need to finance a car?
Try our auto loan calculator for an estimate of what you need to finance your next vehicle.
Scotia Total Equity® Plan (STEP) Calculator
Learn how to save on interest by using the equity in your home to borrow at lower interest rates.