Winter Investments Campaign Offer
Terms and Conditions
The Scotiabank Investment Plan Welcome Offer (the “Offer”) is available between November 1, 2022 and January 31, 2023 (the “Offer Period”) to individuals who open an eligible Scotia Registered Account during the Offer Period (each an “Eligible Investment Plan”) and complete certain qualifying activities.
For the purposes of this Offer, the following Scotia Registered Accounts are eligible for the Offer: Scotia Registered Retirement Savings Plans (RRSPs, excluding Locked-In Plans such as LIRAs and LRSPs) (each an “Eligible RRSP”) or Scotia Tax-Free Savings Accounts (each an “Eligible TFSA”). Scotia RRIFs, RESPs, RDSPs, and non-registered Scotia Investment Accounts are not eligible for the Offer. In order to qualify for either a Cash Bonus or Points Bonus (both defined below), the individual cannot have held the same type of Eligible Investment Plan with either The Bank of Nova Scotia or Scotia Securities Inc. (together, “Scotiabank”) in the 6 months preceding the Offer Period.
To qualify for a cash bonus (the “Cash Bonus”):
1. Open one or more new Eligible Investment Plan(s) during the Offer Period;
2. March 1, 2023, contribute or transfer-in a Minimum Qualifying Investment Amount (as defined below) into your new Eligible Investment Plan(s) and maintain that Minimum Qualifying Investment Amount until May 31, 2023 to qualify for either a $150 Cash Bonus or a $300 Cash Bonus:
|Minimum Qualifying Investment Amount*||Eligible Plan(s)||Qualifying Cash Bonus|
|$3,000 combined across any of your new Eligible Investment Plan(s)||Either an Eligible RRSP or Eligible TFSA||$150|
|$3,000 into both a new Eligible RRSP and TFSA (for a total minimum of $6000 combined)||Both an Eligible RRSP and Eligible TFSA||$300|
* For purposes of calculating the Minimum Qualifying Investment Amount, the book value of the contributions and/or transfers-in will be used to determine eligibility.
3. By March 1, 2023, set up a recurring pre-authorized contribution (PAC) from any Scotiabank personal bank account of at least $50 total per month in any of your Eligible Investment Plan(s), which must have recurred for a minimum of 3 consecutive months by May 31, 2023.
To qualify for an additional 5000 Scene+™ Points bonus (the “Points Bonus”):
4. Complete steps 1 – 3 above for the Cash Bonus and by or on May 31, 2023, hold a Scotiabank debit or credit card that earns Scene+ Rewards (click here for eligible products) and is in good standing.
Customers are responsible to confirm their contribution limits noted on their most current Notice of Assessment issued by the Canada Revenue Agency prior to making any contribution to their Eligible Investment Plan(s). Scotiabank is not responsible for any contribution over a customer’s limit in connection with this Offer. Neither the Cash Bonus nor the Points Bonus will be considered a contribution and therefore will not impact contribution limits.
As applicable, the Cash Bonus will be paid into your new Eligible Investment Plan and the Points Bonus will be credited to the Scene+ membership account connected to your Scotiabank debit or credit card by July 31, 2023 provided all Offer conditions outlined above have been satisfied. Your Eligible Investment Plan(s) must be open and in good standing at the time of the Cash Bonus or Points Bonus payout. For purposes of this Offer, an Eligible Investment Plan is not in 'good standing' if the account holder is in breach of the Eligible Investment Plan account agreements. If more than one (1) Eligible Investment Plan is opened and each qualifies for the Offer, the cash bonus will be paid into one of the Eligible Investment Plan(s) in the following order: Eligible RRSP then Eligible TFSA. In the case where multiple Eligible Investment Plans of the same type are opened (e.g., where multiple Eligible RRSPs are opened), the Cash Bonus will be paid into one of the new Eligible Investment Plans. For a spousal RRSP, the Cash Bonus will be paid into that plan and not paid to the contributor. If an eligible customer has multiple Scene+ membership accounts, only one account will be credited.
This Offer is non-transferable, non-saleable, may not be exchanged for cash and may not be duplicated. Limit of one (1) Cash Bonus and Points Bonus per customer, regardless of the number of Eligible Investment Plans opened. Offer may be changed, cancelled or extended at any time and cannot be combined with any other offers except as otherwise permitted.
Scene LP in its sole discretion, reserves the right to revoke any Scene+ points issued in connection with this Offer and/or cancel Scene+ membership accounts, if Scene LP feels the Scene+ points were issued or used fraudulently or not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions. Any discrepancies with Scene+ points must be addressed with the SCENE Help Centre at the following link.
2-years Non-Redeemable GIC:
GIC Type: Non-Redeemable GIC
GIC Term: 2-years
Interest Rate: 5.00%*
Offer Period: November 10th – December 31st
* The following rates apply to Canadian dollar deposits made in Canada. Rates are provided for information purposes only and are subject to change at any time. Interest is accrued daily on your GIC from the issue date up to, but not including the maturity date. Also, interest will be paid/compounded for the leap day in a leap year. These GICs are available within registered and non-registered accounts. For Scotiabank GICs that pay interest during their term (monthly, semi-annually or annually) the last interest payment is paid at maturity. If the maturity date falls on a Sunday, then the term of the GIC will be extended to the following Monday and interest will be paid to that day. Where an actual interest rate is disclosed, it is an annual interest rate if held to maturity.
The Bank of Nova Scotia, Scotia Mortgage Corporation, Montreal Trust Company, and National Trust Company each issue these GIC Rates. We reserve the right to change, extend or cancel these offers at any time without prior notice. A $500 minimum investment is required. A maximum investment of $5,000,000 per customer.
Scotiabank Savings Accelerator Account:
The Promotional Interest Rate Offer (the “Offer”) applies to New Deposits (defined below) made into an eligible Scotiabank Savings Accelerator Account (“SSAA”) between November 10, 2022 and April 30, 2023 (the “Offer Period”). Eligible SSAAs include only those held within a Registered Retirement Savings Plan (RRSP) or a Tax-Free Savings Account (TFSA). SSAAs held within a RRIF, LIF, Registered Locked-In RSP, RESP, RDSP or any other registered plan or non-registered plan are not eligible for this Offer.
During the Offer Period, a promotional interest rate of 3.25% (the “Promotional Interest Rate”) will be earned only on that portion of the SSAA Daily Balance that is greater than the SSAA Daily Balance as of November 9, 2022 (“New Deposits”). The “SSAA Daily Balance” means, with respect to any particular day, the closing balance in the eligible SSAA. In addition, New Deposits will continue to earn interest at the posted annual interest rate for the SSAA (click here for current rates).
The Promotional Interest Rate will cease to apply as of May 1, 2023. Promotional interest earned during the Offer Period will be calculated daily and paid monthly. All interest rates described herein are annual rates.
SSAAs must be open and in good standing in order to receive any interest calculated at the Promotional Interest Rate. For purposes of this Offer, a SSAA is not in 'good standing' if it has a negative balance or the account holder is in breach of the account agreement with Scotiabank.
It is the SSAA account holder’s responsibility to determine his or her maximum allowable annual contributions in SSAAs held in registered plans.
All other terms and conditions of the SSAA continue to apply, refer to www.scotiabank.com/ca/en/personal/bank-accounts/savings-accounts/savings-accelerator-account.html for details, including calculation of interest.
This Offer, including the Promotional Interest Rate, may be changed, cancelled or extended at any time, in whole or in part, without notice.