As a memorial to the members of staff who gave their lives in the Great War, The Bank of Nova Scotia commissioned unknown designers between July 1920 and March 1921 to create bronze tablets bearing their names; these were then placed on the walls of the branches they worked in when they joined the military forces. The plaques listed the names of staff who had been killed on the field, as well as those who were first returned wounded or missing and were afterwards officially recorded as deceased.
Of all the war memorial plaques created between July 1920 and March 1921, the Scotiabank Archives has a total of seven tablets within their collection:
Name: Egerton Bancks Baines Branch: Ontario, Toronto, General Office
Name: John Henry Campbell Branch: Ontario, Trenton, Consecon
Name: Andrew Edward Hector Hugh MacKay Branch: Alberta, Calgary, Commercial Banking Centre & Main Branch (240 8th Avenue SW) (125-127 8th Avenue West)
Name: Duncan MacPherson Branch: Alberta, Calgary, Commercial Banking Centre & Main Branch (240 8th Avenue SW) (125-127 8th Avenue West)