Since 1998, Scotiabank has been playing an important role in promoting the sport that unites the Caribbean.
From celebrating cricket’s heritage to developing cricket-themed educational programmes for children, we support the advancement of the sport through our continued sponsorship of the West Indies Cricket Board.
Kiddy Cricket Facts:
- The Scotiabank-sponsored Kiddy Cricket programme was introduced to the British Virgin Islands in 2004.
- The Kiddy Cricket programme aims to help primary school children develop a life-long passion for cricket, a game deeply rooted in their West Indian heritage. Through the programme, children also develop positive values and good sportsmanship.
- The Scotiabank Kiddy Cricket programme provides equipment and training for teachers to coach the basics of the game.
- Through Scotiabank Kiddy Cricket, children not only acquire an interest in the sport, they develop interpersonal skills, self-confidence, and self-discipline — qualities that benefit them for a lifetime.
As of 2007, in the British Virgin Islands:
- Scotiabank has provided training and material to over 695 children.
- With the assistance of WICB and the local cricket boards, Scotiabank has distributed over 46 Clarence Goes To School teaching manuals and over 46 Scotiabank Kiddy Cricket kits to over 44 schools.
- Over 51 teachers and coaches have been trained in the programme.